“Excellent food, prepared with care”

Stiegler's Austrian Restaurant & Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Highway 390
Transit: Stiegler's is located at The Aspens START bus stop on the Teton Village Road.
Description: Accomplished Gastronomy, Gemütlichkeit and Good Times. Whether it’s one of Peter’s Austrian specialties in the dining room, a burger and beer in the Copper Bar or a glass of wine on our mountainview deck, at Stiegler’s you’ll enjoy great food, attentive service and the ambiance of a Tirolean home. Stiegler's serves dinner Tuesday thru Sunday from 5:30 - 9:30 PM; the casual bar menu is available at 5:00 PM. Reservations are recommended. The restaurant is located at The Aspens, between the Town of Jackson and Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stiegler's is not inexpensive, but it's worth every penny. The only minus was the family at a nearby table failed to keep their 3-year old child from running around and screaming. We were seated promptly and our waitress provided excellent service with a smile. The owner/chef stopped by our table to make sure we enjoyed everything which we did.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Food was very good but portions are small and prices are in the upper range. This was a great dining experience and I would return again if I am in the area. Not real formal but not a blue jeans or T shirts type of place and there is no menu for small kids. Service was just O.K. and is why my rating was not Outstanding. They have an excellent wine list so selections can easily be made for any type of cuisine. Be sure if you want a evening of fine dining in the Jackson Hole area, to add Stiegler's to your list.

1  Thank Robert N
Reviewed August 16, 2013

It began with the presentation of 4 small, dry slices of bread in a basket designed for 1/2 loafs and continued downhill from there. I ordered the chicken dumplings dolomiti as an appetizer and was pleased by the presentation of 3 ample sized dumplings. The taste however... how can a dumpling be so dry and tasteless? Only when I doused them with the accompanying spinach puree did they moisten up enough to chew. For my main course I chose the Pork Mama Stiegler. A signature dish and one I chose because of my fond memories of spatzle from Sudtirol. The presentation was again visually appealing but when I went to scoop up the first fork full of spatzle and it rolled off the fork and bounced around the plate I was dubious. Dry again! How can one turn delicious spatzle into something resembling the consistency and taste of dry white PlayDoh? It again took liberal soaking in the sauce over the pork to moisten up the poor spatzle. On the up side, the service was good and the atmosphere was on par with what is expected from an establishment with these prices.

2  Thank DewaineB
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great food, exceptional service and relaxing atmosphere. High dollar, but well worth the splurge. Beware they do close in the off season.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Interesting little bit of Germany tucked in a shopping mall near Teton Village. The menu was varied and offered a lot of German and particularly Bavarian specialties. Nice Patio but it overlooks an apartment pool and has not view of the mountains. Service was goo and attentive.