“Jackson Hole, WY lodging”

Hampton Inn Jackson Hole
Ranked #12 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Eugene, Oregon
“Jackson Hole, WY lodging”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our room was very clean and comfortable. With the normal Hampton Inn breakfast. But our room was way over priced for a basic King room. Downtown was 1 mile which was not a bad walk. And we had no pool...... I asked the desk clerk about some of the prints they had on the walls and he could not tell me about them. Just that when they remodeled the prints were hung?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank vickigeo
Heather F, Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson Hole, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind words - we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We are loving all the new amenities this hotel has to offer our guests. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our rooms as there is nothing better than a clean bed to fall into after a long day of exploring Jackson Hole!

Our location to the National Parks and the Town Square is pretty convenient! And if you don't feel like getting back into the car, take the START Bus, the stop is on our property and they offer a FREE Town Shuttle which runs every 20 minutes! In the winter, the fare is $3 to JHMR!

Did you know that you can purchase any of the artwork or other decor located in the hotel? It's true, from the pillows to the wall hangings! If you truly would like more information on the pieces we have here at the hotel, please contact 1-800-Hampton.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip and thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Jackson Hole over the many lodging options in the valley.

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Very expensive but comfortable lodging. Nice to have a sitting area other than the bed. The front desk has some nice restaurant delivery options, as was too weary to go out. Comfortable chairs and gas/fireplaces out front were nice. Was awakened early (6 am or so) by children "surfing" on luggage carts up and down our hall...surely someone from the front desk could hear this...
Breakfast was ok- breakfast room was quite crazy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review – we value your feedback!

We appreciate your comments regarding the rate offered during the time of year you visited Jackson Hole. Summer, contrary to popular belief, is our busiest time of year with 3 million visitors, many coming through on their way to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, and another 2 million visiting in the winter, hence the higher rates in peak season.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed all the new amenities this hotel has to offer our guests and I have to admit, my favorite amenity at the hotel is our fire pits and our location to the National Parks and the Town Square is pretty convenient too!

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to stay with us. We hope you'll come back in the winter and experience all there is to do when the valley is covered in a beautiful blanket of white snow!

Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We just stayed 4 nights in a King Suite to visit the Teton and Yellowstone Parks. The bed was comfy, the room clean & quite, breakfast was included and the location was convenient. They have 2 gas fire pits out front with chairs to gather around and visit and make smores (for an extra $5). This was a nice touch and we sat around the fire each night after we arrived back at the hotel. This was a typical Hampton experience. Our only "compliant" was the cost at $380 per night. Since our average Hampton stay nation wide is $160 per night and the rooms are about the same, I would not have felt that we were a fleeced if the room would have been around $200. I mean this is Jackson and the hamburgers are $8 bucks. After all, there is no mountain view, it's not inside either park, so while we are a fan of Hampton Inns, it's a $200 room with a $380 price. tag.

Room Tip: Room 331 is a King Suite and was a quite location.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words!

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are loving all the new amenities this hotel has to offer our guests and I have to admit, my favorite amenity at the hotel is our breakfasts! Such a good variety of healthy options and those biscuits and gravy...yum!

Cheyenne, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had a great stay at this hotel! Its close to everything, clean, the staff is friendly and professional, and the rooms are bigger than expected. We walked to most of our destinations and received excellent directions from the staff when we wanted to drive somewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are loving all the new amenities this hotel has to offer our guests and you just can't beat a free, good breakfast! Plus, our location to the National Parks and the Town Square is pretty convenient!

Raleigh, NC
Reviewed July 18, 2013

After three nights at the Old Faithful Inn, where I felt like I was roughing it (even though the Yellowstone/Teton area is one of the most amazing places I've ever been), this Hampton Inn was a little slice of heaven. Check-in was pleasant and very efficient. Iced fruit water (with sliced oranges and lemons) refreshed you when returning from the day's activities in the hot sun. The staff also provided coffee/hot chocolate and freshly baked cookies at 7 p.m. in the lobby. The room decor was tastefully decorated with a western theme and the bed was extremely comfortable. There was a small refrigerator/microwave and a couch to spread out on. My room was very clean and quiet - nothing rattled or made noise to keep me awake. Temperature control was good. I really enjoyed the breakfast offerings. I wish all Hampton Inns were this nice. The only negative thing I can say is that our bathroom was very small and cramped but that was a small price to pay for a wonderful stay. This hotel is not in walking distance of downtown Jackson (like the Homestead Suites) but it is conveniently located to nice restaurants and Kmart.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a large bathroom.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words!

Volant, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The room smelled so bad of that sweet deodorizer. The walls are paper thin. I hear everyone walking in the room above, i hear people in the rooms next to me. there is a banging in the wall right next to my bed. At first I thought it was people in the next room but now I think it is the water pipes banging. Someone showered in the room next to me at 3 am and it was so loud i thought the water was running next to my bed. Our room was 210.

When checking in, i was asked for ID which i gladly pulled out along with my Hilton Honor's Gold card, my credit card and my AAA card. The lady checking me in looked at my license, looked at me, looked at my license, looked at me so many times I almost asked her if she had a problem. I had to ask for my snack that is offered with the Gold membership and she argued that I requested points instead of snacks. I had to give the name of my husband because he was staying in the room with me. I had to tell her 3 times how to spell Wallace and I could see her type it in and she typed it wrong.

There isn't a view of anything. I have probably stayed in 50 different Hampton/Hilton Inns in different states all over the US in the past several years and never had a hotel experience like this one. In all of my stays, I never once complained about anything. We stayed 2 nights because we want to spend more time in Jackson Hole. I was almost ready to check out after the first night because of all the noise, we didn't sleep at all. The second night was better, not as many kids. At almost $300 a night, you would think this would be a quality hotel with a qualified staff.

I did complain when checking out but told the rep i was not interested in the 100% guarantee, I was crabby because I didn't sleep much due to all of the noise. I used the facilities.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 210.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review – we value your feedback!

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay and would like to apologize for the lack of recognition at check-in, as we are training an entire new front desk staff, we will emphasize the importance of recognizing our HHonor Members.

In regards to the rate offered during the time of year you visited Jackson Hole, summer, contrary to popular belief, is our busiest time of year with 3 million visitors, many coming through on their way to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, and another 2 million visiting in the winter, hence the higher rates in peak season.

Again, thank you for your comments and for choosing the Hampton Inn Jackson Hole over the many lodging options in the valley.

Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The hotel was close to the Alamo rental agency and near the Albertson's grocery store for stocking up on snacks before heading to Tetons and Yellowstone. Very clean and comfortable beds. Good breakfast in morning but not much seating so go early or plan to take back to room. There was a fire pit outside and you could purchase supplies to make smores at lobby desk. We did not have time to do the indoor hot tub but lots of families were enjoying. I would almost give this a 5 rating but check-out was 11 a.m. so I requested 1 p.m. which they said they could do. However when we got back to our hotel room at 12:30 p.m. the next day, our keys would not work. Luckily there was a cleaning person close by that let us in or I would have been very annoyed to have to go back down to the lobby and reactivate my key. We would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Heather F, Manager at Hampton Inn Jackson Hole, responded to this review, July 19, 2013