“Granary restaurant at Spring Creek Ranch” 5 of 5 stars

Spring Creek Ranch
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1800 N Spirit Dance Rd, Jackson, WY 83001-8096   |
Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in Jackson
Genesee Depot, Wisconsin
“Granary restaurant at Spring Creek Ranch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Outstanding food and service at the Granary Restaurant during a family celebration. The appetizers, entrees, and desserts were fantastic. The executive chef and others personally visited our group of 10. The servers were extremely accommodating and personable. Entertainment at the bar made for a lively and sophisticated atmosphere.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rhajie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Victor, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at Spring Creek as part of the local's getaway package, which is a great deal and a fun way to have a romantic evening close to home, however, I was very disappointed with the overall experience. The views are outstanding, but the place seems shabby and in need of a facelift. When we walked into our room (2205) I thought it had not been made up yet: the bedspreads were wrinkled and there was no toilet paper on the holder. We checked and things were clean, but that initial impression was not good. Furthermore, the room really looked like a cheap hotel with its ugly brownish color, worn carpeting and tacky artwork. Still it was great to have a fire in the fireplace. Dinner at the Granary was also somewhat of a disappointment. As part of the package, the three-course meal was extravagant and tasty. The views were amazing and we loved watching evening fall over the Tetons, but the place also looks really run down and outdated. Our chairs were uncomfortable (a woman at the next table asked for an extra cushion for her back), and the whole place was plain. Our service was poor with long waits for drinks and no hostess on duty to seat us. Breakfast was similar, although there was an excuse as it was the server's first day. Still how hard it is to keep someone's coffee cup filled (with lukewarm, weak coffee mind you). Overall I wish it had been better. I love the idea of the local's getaway and for the price we paid, I'm not complaining. But when everything on the menu is at least $20 or more, it sure seems as if the service should be impeccable and attentive and the decor pleasant. Time to put some money into your business Spring Creek. My guess is people will still come because of your location, but I'd hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Mary A
ownerGM, General Manager at Spring Creek Ranch, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Molly,
Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write Trip advisor and complete our in-house questionnaires. The staff and I are very proud of Spring Creek Ranch, so we all thank you for your constructive criticism.
I am surprised that you would have received a room that was not ready. We inspect all our rooms before arrival so I am at a loss as to how the bed’s comforter was not tidy and clean. There is no excuse for toilet paper to be missing. What I do not understand is saying everything is brown Indeed the rock fireplace is of stone and thus quite dark, but our walls have all been freshly painted eggshell white. Indeed we do not have a “slick” nor trendy urban look like many new hotels. We are however a Rustic Western Northern Rockies Authentic Jackson Hole Ranch Resort.
I am glad you enjoyed the food at The Granary. We are getting many compliments with the new menu. It is unfortunate that our coffee did not appeal to you this is our own blend which usually receives great comments. We use to serve one of those major branded coffees and surprisingly received many complaints this is why we have our own blend. I am sorry for the slower service. This is simply the joys and frustrations of bringing on our summer crew and getting them trained. They are really trying and I am confident that should you come this week you will see a marked improvement. This is one of the reasons we ask our neighbors to visit us on our locals special so that our staff gets real time training just prior to our high season. We have and will continue to use your comments as part of our training.
Thank you again for your comments. I am sure that on your next visit with us you will enjoy Spring Creek Ranch in the fashion the staff and I take great pride in delivering.

Stephen Price
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I brought our 3 children here for our wedding 3 years ago. Since it was our second marriage, we wanted a nice cozy stay, where we could still have a bit of romance, even with 3 kids running around. That's exactly what we got! We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo that had a fireplace, kitchen and everything you need. The attic room had 2 beds for the boys and the other room had a queen bed for our daughter. Our room had a porch that looked out over the tetons. The view in the morning was amazing, in fact I put it on canvas to remind us of the beauty! We are returning this summer for a week with the rest of our family. It's a bit pricey, but for a special time, it's definitely worth it!!!

Room Tip: There are also hotel rooms available, for the family, the condos are definitely the better choice!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Diane N
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed here in a 2 bedroom condo. My reservation stated it was a "2 bedroom condo-sleeps 6" which was not accurate. There was a king bedroom with en-suite bath and another bedroom with 2 twin beds. A hall bath was present also. There was a concrete built-in sectional unit covered with cushions in the living room. That was the "sofa". There was no pull out sofa or Murphy bed.
Luckily we only had 4 adults staying here or it would have been a disaster.

The maid only left us 2 small bars of soap, one in each bathroom. So in the Master bath, there were 2 sinks and a tub and we had to move the soap back and forth. The toiletries were not replenished during our 2 night stay.

The kitchen was small but functional. Good to have a dishwasher! Plenty of utensils.There was a stacked washer dryer in a closet. Laundry soap was included which was nice.

There was a fireplace with plenty of wood but it was so warm during our stay we did not use it.

The view was fantastic. Location very convenient to get to Jackson.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Touringdoc
ownerGM, General Manager at Spring Creek Ranch, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear TouringDoc,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. The staff and I are extremely proud of Spring Creek Ranch and the experience we provide our guests. I am terribly sorry about the bedding options in your condominium. I believe your reservation stated that there were 4 adults in the party so we matched that to the correct townhome. Our 2 bedroom townhomes have different options with bedding and we try our hardest to match it to the guest's needs. Some 2 bedroom townhomes will have a king or queen bed in the master bedroom. The guest bedroom will have either a queen bed or twin beds. In the living and dining area there is usually a pull out sofa and/or a queen wallbed. By knowing that your party was only 4 we placed you in a condominium that fit that need. YOur townhome simply lacked the pullout or wallbed.

What I am most concerned about was our lack of attention to detail in regards to supplying you with enough soap and replennishing the ammenities. I appreciate you pointing out this failing on our part. I can assure you this has already been addressed.

Thank you for staying with us. The staff and I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Spring Creek Ranch in the ffuture. Should your plans bring you to Jackson Hole, feel free to contact me directly as I will personally handle your reservation.

Sincerely

Stephen Price
Salem, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Enjoyed an a spur of the moment getaway at the Spring Creek Ranch. Warm welcome and great customer service. I was grateful to loan out a pair of snow shoes and hike in at the Teton National Park. The concierge has great suggestions and maps for hiking options for all abilities. Fantastic views and well-stocked fireplace were highlights in my guest room. Also enjoyed a morning soak in the outdoor hot tub before check out. Many thanks to the GM and front desk staffer Chris for all your kindness throughout my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank reppop
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was by far the most beautiful resort I've ever stayed at. My husband and I spent our honeymoon here at the beginning of March, and it was the perfect winter wonderland for our romantic getaway. We had a great deal, a great room with and incredible view of the Tetons and plenty of firewood for our fireplace each night. The staff were great, and they were so helpful in making bookings for all of our adventures: dog sledding, cross-country skiing, sleigh ride, etc. We ate several meals at the Granary connected to the resort, and we enjoyed each and every one. The only thing we were disappointed by was the fact that the sheets were a bit scratchy. It was a bit surprising since everything else was so fabulous. Even still, we had no problem getting a good night's rest each night.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirkland, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed in a 3 bedroom condo (3101) at Spring Creek Ranch. We have stayed in this condo for the past three years during spring break and enjoyed each year. Full fireplace, western furnishings and bedding that is heavy and warm.

This year, while the view is tremendous, we did notice the furnishings were getting tired, bent, and nicked around the edges. As other reviews have stated, this venue has quality furnishings that are more "western" than chic. It has been a long time since an update, but everything is still functional. The staff were helpful as always with many items and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Hotel Jackson
Hotel Jackson
#4 of 42 in Jackson
4.5 of 5 stars 257 reviews

Been to Spring Creek Ranch? Share your experiences!