“Terrific horseback trail tour - can't comment on hotel”
Review of Spring Creek Ranch

Spring Creek Ranch
Ranked #21 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed July 23, 2011

I did not stay at the ranch and am only commenting on the 4-hour horseback trail tour my wife and I went on.

We had gone to another ranch another year but in my view it couldn't compete with the terrific vista views in all directions from this 4-hour ride.

Our guide, Maverick, was a lot of fun.

The horses were great.

Yes, 4 hours was a lot but I'm very glad we took that much time because we saw an amazing amount of amazing countryside.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 21, 2011

Our codo was too small for my husband, myself, and our son. The sheets were scratchy and dirty. Even after they put new ones on, they were dirty feeling. The weather was hot and there was no air conditioning so it was miserable at night. We tried to open the windows but it wasn't cool enough outs die to provide much relief. Plus everyone up there smoked so there was no relief opening the windows. Since our neighbor was a chain smoker, they did move us a whole 2 rooms down after 3 nights. The restaurant was not in walking distance so we had to get in the car for breakfast everyday. I would never stay here again. Stay in one of the real resorts in Teton Village. We went up there and it was much nicer. This place is just an overpriced condo in the woods.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Simsim064
ownerGM, General Manager at Spring Creek Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2011

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your poor stay with us. I am not sure where you stayed and in what type of unit. Perhaps when making your reservation we did not understand that there were three of you and thus you were in our typical hotel room. Our condominiums are quite spacious and range from over 600 sq ft to 3000 sq ft. I also am sorry that the days were hot. Indeed we do not have airconditioning since most evenings in the summer the temperature drops into the high 40's or low 50's. I am not sure what happened with the smokers. If we had known we would have asked the people near you to not do so. I believe the staff would have tried their best to move you, however when we are full that proves to be difficult. I wonder if the smoke you smelled was more from the wood burning fireplaces that are in all the units. Most of our guests love these and use them even in the summer. As for a resort I am not sure there are any in Teton Village. They are all hotels. We are on 1000 acres with pool, tennis, spa, horseback riding and wagon rides. We also have nature hikes and at night we offer Astronomy . Ffor dining we offer our Granary, our poolside Sundowner or a dinner after an evening horseback ride. Most hotels in Teton Village do not provide these services. They utilize the different amenities that are in Teton Village.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Just returned from five nights at Spring Creek Ranch. We stayed in a two bedroom condo that was just wonderful. The views were amazing, especially sitting on the porch/balcony overlooking the Tetons. The quality of the furniture, kitchen applicances, TV, etc. was outstanding. Spent a few hours at the pool, which has a little shack where you can buy beer, wine, or other drinks, and the temp of the water was perfect. The resort is about a ten minute drive into town, with an Albertson's grocery store about five minutes away. Would recommend this place to anybody traveling to Jackson Hole.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sirsir

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write your review. I am very proud of Spring Creek Ranch and the staff so I was very pleased to read your comments where you gave us all such good marks.

All of us at Spring Creek hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to The Ranch in the near future.

Sincerely

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Great view of the Tetons and quiet. Housekeeping missed some key details like soap and toilet paper. The fireplace looks romantic but the room smelled smokey. Beds and pillows were uncomfortable. The small plastic hot tub was disappointing. I stayed 3 nights and would have checked out early but could not get a refund.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank iowa_mom_ks

Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review. I am proud of Spring Creek Ranch and the staff so I am concerned that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Most of our guests really enjoy the wood burning fireplace. the downside is once in a while the smellof burnt wood is present. However we find that starting a fire and opening up the windows solve this very quickly. The great thing about Jackson is that even in the summer our nights can dip down to the high 30's and certainly 40's. Therefore one can enjoy a fire almost year round. I am not quite sure about you comment regarding the small plastic hot tub. There wasn't one in your room and the 2 we have both fit at least 8 people. They also are built in and thus not plastic. Perhaps you could call me and I would have the opportunity to apologize directly to you. In this way I might be able to gather more infromation about your stay and to personally ask yo back'

Reviewed July 17, 2011

Bad service. Ok rooms. Wouldnt recommend. They had bad restaurant recommendations. The rooms had a fantastic view. Wanted to switch.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Brandon97
Reviewed July 7, 2011

Nice staff, terrific naturalist, extraordinary views. Unfortunately all of those things can't make up for the lack of quality in the rooms. We stayed in a single unit room with 2 beds and a fireplace. The screen door was ripped, the toilet seat wasn't tightly attached, lightbulbs were out in the bathroom and stickers were stuck to the carpet. When I told the front desk they took care of everything the next day but for well over $300/night I shouldn't have to bring that to anyone's attention. I was told the Customer Service Manager would get back to me but never heard from anyone again. Upgrades to the rooms and some attention to detail would go a long way to making this an extraordinary experience and match the quality of the staff. Can't wait to return to Jackson but would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank OhioTraveler322

Very sorry that your room was not up to our regular standards. I appreciate you pointing out the problems and that we were able to fix them so quickly. However I would truly like to know which room you were in as quite frankly all our management logs have no record of these items being reported. Also if you would contatc me directly I would like to have you back to stay with us again. I assure you your stay would be most memorable in a very positive way.

Reviewed June 30, 2011

We just returned from a 4 night stay with my husband and three children. we stayed in a two room suite which provided plenty of room for our family. The rooms were very clean and housekeeping came each day in timely fashion. The staff was friendly and very helpful planning all the day trips we wanted to partake in. Views were of course stunning, pool was clean and and provided hours of fun for us. WE loved the safari and found it to be very informative. Location was perfect a short drive to town but once we were back on the ranch we felt a million miles away. We will definetely be back and i would recommend Spring Creek Ranch to family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank monica005

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to complete a review. We are all proud of each other and Spring Creek ranch, so reading your review filled our hearts.

Thank you for staying with us. We understand there are many choices in Jackson and are grateful that you and your family made Spring Creek Ranch your vacation home.

All of us hope that we may look forward to welcoming you back to The Ranch in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort
Hotel Jackson
Hotel Jackson
#3 of 40 in Jackson

Been to Spring Creek Ranch? Share your experiences!