“Good ride - worth the bucks” 5 of 5 stars

Jackson Hole Trail Rides
Williamsburg, Virginia
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“Good ride - worth the bucks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Not having been on a horse for over 20 years, I wondered how I'd do. I wondered even more when they brought me a horse which they described as a little grumpy, Well grumpy and I got along just fine.

There were seven of us going on the 2-hour ride, along with our guide. The ride took us up the mountain under the ski lift then into the woods. The views of Jackson Hole were pretty awesome when we were out in the open. The ride was leisurely, as befitted most of us tenderfeet. An earlier reviewer commented about how saddle sore he was after his ride. Well, I wasn't (surprise). But in getting off the horse I found my legs locked in a bow-legged position and it took a couple of minutes to get the legs functioning again.

All-in-all, worth the money and a good ride.

1 Thank Pfadfinder

Phoenix, Arizona
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

just ridin a long, singin a song, enjoying the views. Very peaceful, great people and attention to your needs.

Raleigh, NC
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Beautiful at the top”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Although the tram ride was expensive, the view from the top of the mountain was tremendous. I would also recommend having a coffee or snack at the cafe on top.

San Antonio, Texas
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Good riding route.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Horses were well trained, and clean. Employees were friendly and helpful. The route was interesting.

Visited June 2012
Baker, Montana, USA
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Time Flies Too Fast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

It's easy to get lost in time while riding up the side of a mountain, enjoying constantly changing views of Jackson Hole and the Teton Mountain range. Other trail ride companies claim that they give much better rides, but you can't beat the convenience of this one's location on the edge of town or it's incredible views. The horses were well behaved and the trail boss personable. Definitely take at least the two hour ride.

Visited August 2012