“Great food and service”

Cafe Boheme
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Local cosmopolitan hang out, owned/operated by French world traveler and climber, offering a great meeting space and delicious breakfast/lunch. Organic coffee.
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We recently ate here for a "light" lunch and we were really pleased with the quality of food. We had the cup of soup which was so tasty and great value for money as well as the panini which our daughter loved. The coffee was also very good. The service by the owner and one of her staff was just first class. They were so friendly and welcoming! We also thought the decor was lovely. This is definitely a great place to eat at whilst visiting Jackson.

1  Thank LarsieB

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We were excited about having breakfast here, as the reviews were awesome. However we stepped inside on a Saturday morning and a live group was performing in the small restaurant sooo loudly that we had to turn around and leave. The group singing and playing was fine. The restaurant looked charming, but maybe it was the acoustics. We just couldn't handle the extreme decibel level, esp so early on a Saturday. Disappointed.

3  Thank Hilda0414
salseraviajera, Owner at Cafe Boheme, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Dear Hilda, I could not agree more with you on the fact that the music was too load for a while at the cafe, but only until I could get the attention of the singers to lower their sound a bit. We usually only have one person singing at a time and these guys were trying something new and just did a few songs together and then Ken went back to his regular, mellow and harmonious, crowd pleasing repertoire. I had a hard time taking orders myself as I could hardly hear over the sound system...
I am so sorry you experience my Coffee Shop, just at the wrong time! I guess I just have to own the fact that things are not perfect 100% of the time. We all make mistake or take too long fixing something like the decibels...
I am sad your experience was so bad that it justified a 2 star rating based on something that is not always under our control. It would have been nice to hear whether or not you enjoyed our food and if we treated you with care. I am not even sure you stayed to try our food.
I will make sure I respond faster next time I know the music is too load.
Thanks for your input.
Sincerely
Cathy

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Simply delightful! Sad we discovered this gem our last day in town! Breakfast was delicious! Never going to Starbucks for coffee in Jackson again! Service was quick and very friendly. Warm and inviting atmosphere. Will make this place our morning go to next time we're in town!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We stayed 2 nights in Jackson and our hotel's breakfast was very expensive so we looking elsewhere. What a gem we found a few blocks away! Cafe Boheme has wonderful food at a great price. The atmosphere is so comfy and the owners were so welcoming and friendly. We ate 2 breakfasts and a lunch. Awesome!

2  Thank Karenshell
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Awesome local cafe with relaxed atmosphere. Highly recommend going here for breakfast to take a break from the fast paced touristy downtown environment.