“Good value”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Search Google, plenty of sites give details
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We ate lunch here. The food was good. I ordered chicken quesadillas and they were much better than average. We sat outside on the second floor balcony and the weather was perfect. You can see the entire town square. Nice.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Went twice while in Jackson. Both times the service was not good. The second time the waitress was really bad. Very rude. Chili is over priced and over rated. For $9 you'd think you'd get a huge bowl of chili. Not the case. Don't order it. Stick with nachos or a burger. Sit on the deck and people watch.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were greeted at the top of the stairs immediately and seated right away for a late-lunch seating (around 1:15 pm). There were three full tables outside on the balcony, and we were the only ones eating inside the restaurant when we arrived. Our waiter took our drink order fairly quickly, but then disappeared for 25 minutes before he took our food order. While we were waiting for over 40 minutes for our order of two hamburgers, four other tables filled up inside. We watched one group of Asians sit for over 30 minutes before their order was even taken.

Our waiter came around once to ask if we wanted a softdrink re-fill. When we said, "yes," he took our empty glasses up to the bar where we watched the bartender wash them. We never got a drink refill.

The hamburgers were stone cold and over-cooked when they finally arrived. They were inedible and we left without finishing them.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Wanted to sit outside, this is the reason you come here. Great view. None available. Sat upstairs. Odd atmosphere. Open with badly decorated assorted wildlife photos cluttered on one side of large room. Ordered speciality drinks they offered. I swear there was not any liquor in these drinks..a really bad pour. No specials, limited menu. Out of several items. One of the guests wanted a blended drink...broken blender last week. Can not do? Why no replacement when frozen drinks are a good income for them. Food was just O.K. Wrong sauce was served with entree. Nothing stands out here. If you can not get a table outside..not worth eating here. There however was a wonderful hostess that seemed to take pride in the place and was so nice to everyone that came in. She is a stand out in this place!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were greeted and seated at the balcony right away at 5:40PM. We ordered dinner right at 6PM. I was enjoying the view and thinking that we can finish dinner a little bit after 7PM and go to Rodeo early for a good seat. I was wrong.

There was a town square shoot out at 6PM, so I took my 3 kids down stair to check it out. When I got back at 6:30PM, I were afraid food would get cold, but not a chance, the food was not on the table. We waited till 6:45PM and finally, our waiter came over and told us their kitchen messed up, and they were expediting our order. Then we waiting for another 20 minutes for my appetizer, spicy buffalo wings, to finally show.
I ordered a Chicken Fried Steak, I ended up getting fried Chicken. I asked my waiter about it, he told me Chicken Fried Steak is made with Chicken. However, the menu stated that it was "Certified USDA Choice sirloin steak". Since our order was so delayed and slow, the waiter said he would give us a free brownie dessert as compensation. However, we did not want to wait again for our food, since we did not want to miss the Rodeo.

The time was close to 7:30PM, we need to get out for Rodeo. I asked for the check, and the check came with 16% gratuity. This is just, WOW.

This dinner spoiled our mood because we were forced to finish our food quickly and did not have to time to savor the food. The service here was extremely slow.

I am an idiot for not checking with Tripadvisor first.

1  Thank Tony C