“Burger Heaven”

Ranked #20 of 144 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Description: Located South of Town Square. The Bird provides one of the most fantastic views in the greater Teton Valley, with panoramic mountain vistas offering a brilliant sunset. A favorite watering hole of local legend Colonel Angus, it is a neighborhood pub atmosphere with rustic wood interior. Great for all but beware, the late-night scene can get quite rowdy and may not be suitable for families with young children.The Bird prides itself in offering a unique "local" experience whilst offering great cuisine. Not the place to be pandered to but if you wish to let loose, eat right, and escape the standard tourist trap come on in!
“Burger Heaven”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I don't eat many burgers any more, unless I think it's really gonna be a good one, and, after reading other reviews here, The Dish (my lovely wife) and I decided this would be our spot for dinner upon arrival in Jackson.
We immediately felt at home in the busy but welcoming atmosphere of The Bird. Grabbed seats outside on one of the tables and quickly got a great beer consultation from a very smart waitress named Christine. We ordered the first of (more than one) Splashdown Belgian Ales, brewed by Grand Teton Brewery, along with burgers. I chose the large luscious lissa, a 9 oz burger, medium rare. All I can say is it was fantastic. A simple (only cheddar cheese on top) example of great meat cooked to perfection. The Dish tried "the gregg", which came dressed with salsa verde, and she loved hers as well. We were joined by another family who we'd never met, but the company was great and we now gratefully count them among our friends (John, Cathy, Cara and Kevin), as we shared a great evening out on the deck, watching the sun go down on another glorious Jackson day. The Bird is a "Must-do" if you come here!

1 Thank greenchile-redwine

Charlton, MA
“Interesting burger place”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This place is out of town and you have to hunt a little to find it on Highway 89 heading south. They have many different types of burgers on the menu. The one I tried had an over easy egg along with lettuce, tomato and cheese inside. All the burgers were good and the prices are reasonable for the quantity of food you get.
We did find the service to be slower. I don't know if that is because we are used a faster pace since we are from the east coast. I had to hunt up the waiter twice. Once to get refills and again to get our check.
It seems like the place to hang out and party with locals until the wee hours of the morning if you are into that.
I can see why it is rated highly on Tripadvisor despite the slower service. The food is very tasty and if you sit on the outside deck you get a decent view of the mountains.

Visited July 2014
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Great spot with a view”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

This is a great little spot off the beaten path south of Jackson a few miles - while we were on a trip with our family, our kids wanted to stay back at the hotel and eat pizza, watch movies after several nights in Yellowstone without so my wife and I decided to head here. Never one to miss a chance at a great draft beer selection and good bar food this place does not disappoint. As a father I kind of appreciated the direct approach in the menu of making clear that this place is not a family restaurant (though they don't mind families - and we did see a few there). The food was great - burgers were solid though there are some other good options as well and they do have a pretty cool beer selection, albeit pretty heavy on the German beers. The back deck is a nice place to enjoy your meal though the sun, especially close to sunset, can get a little tough. The service was friendly - seemingly a cooperative effort as the server we started with was not the one who brought our check, but overall it was seemless, good value for the money and a fun dinner. Definitely would recommend - though if you have young children, may be worth considering elsewhere (read the menu first - I laughed while I read it because I can certainly appreciate it).

“The Bird”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My family and I ate here after the Jackson Hole Shooting Experience (which is right up the road). It was a gorgeous day so we sat outside. The view was amazing, the service was great, they had several different German beers to try. I had the Texan burger with the fried egg. The bun was a biscuit, which was different but very tasty! Very laid back place as you will pick up quickly when you read the menu! Great afternoon lunch!

1 Thank Katie S
Florida
“Good value, in comfortable atmosphere, without all the frills.”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hamburgers are the best. Lots of different choices. The fries are good. Wings are also very good. The prices are reasonable ($9 for small burger and a few dollars more for larger size ). Good beer selection. Nice view from the back, as long as you look straight ahead. Nice place for families.