“Great Burgers!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Bird

The Bird
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bird is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 145 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located South of Town Square. The Bird provides one of the most fantastic views in the greater Teton Valley, with panoramic mountain vistas offering a brilliant sunset. A favorite watering hole of local legend Colonel Angus, it is a neighborhood pub atmosphere with rustic wood interior. Great for all but beware, the late-night scene can get quite rowdy and may not be suitable for families with young children.The Bird prides itself in offering a unique "local" experience whilst offering great cuisine. Not the place to be pandered to but if you wish to let loose, eat right, and escape the standard tourist trap come on in!
Westminster, California
“Great Burgers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

We are not locals, and found this on tripadvisor. It has a nice view..the service was not fast but was fine...It was the best burger I had on the trip! I was there with 8 people and we all loved our food. So while they are not overly friendly, I would still totally stop again if I traveled that way!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank lucy294

Star Valley Ranch
“Patio view is sweet!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Love the wings and turkey tueben. Service is consistently good. Live in Star Valley and it is my favorite on the way home stop.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Denham Springs, Louisiana
“Best meal and bar in Jackson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

As we were leaving town, we came across this place (it was recommended) - SO GLAD we were able to make it. Quite worth the stop. Big menu and cold beer, excellent! View is great and staff is very friendly. Food is very good.

Visited July 2013
curlycue
“No hostess, no seats...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

OK - so last week my son and I decide to check out The Bird. While I'm sure the hamburgers are great, the hospitality is not. It was a rainy day so the deck was not an option. We walked in and every table and bar stool was taken. There were a few people awkwardly hanging around, hoping to see a waiter or someone to take names and get people seat - no one was there at all. There is not even a hostess table so I guess we were supposed to scramble around and try to tackle a seat. My son and I looked at each other and agreed that The Bird was, the pits and we left to go downtown to a friendly place with seats, hosts and a welcoming attitude.

I get it that this is a local place for young people to hang out but even in most dive bars, someone will look at you, acknowledge you, and welcome you. Not so at The Bird. As well, I read the diatribe on the menu lecturing customers on how to behave, eat a hamburger and what things they better not do. I found it offensive, and once again, condescending to the customer. I'm quite happy to eat burgers at Local, Trio and Kitchen - all delicious and in warm lively atmospheres. By the way, I am not a tourist, I live in Jackson -

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank curlycue
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful food, location, staff and views!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

The burgers were fabulous, as were the fries. The schnitzel was also really good. The staff were all very welcoming, friendly, and service was great. Honestly, at first, I wasn't really sure about this place, but I am really glad we stopped in. The other impressive thing was that one of the burgers wasn't supposed to have onions - it came with onions. They apoligzed, took it back and made a fresh burger - no charge for the meal. I haven't had that happen in a long time. Excellent place to eat.

• Visited June 2014