“Fantastic Burgers”

Ranked #29 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: Located South of Town Square. The Bird provides one of the most fantastic views in the greater Teton Valley, with panoramic mountain vistas offering a brilliant sunset. A favorite watering hole of local legend Colonel Angus, it is a neighborhood pub atmosphere with rustic wood interior. Great for all but beware, the late-night scene can get quite rowdy and may not be suitable for families with young children.The Bird prides itself in offering a unique "local" experience whilst offering great cuisine. Not the place to be pandered to but if you wish to let loose, eat right, and escape the standard tourist trap come on in!
Reviewed May 18, 2014

The people at the KOA told us we HAD to have dinner here and that there burgers were to die for. They were right! Best meal while we were in Jackson Hole.

Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We were told to try their Schnitzel... and last night it was the half price special! I ordered it with fries and an egg (over medium). There are not words to describe my reactions when the orders were delivered!!! The large plate was overflowing with the best looking Schnitzel. - thin, tender, gorgeous and it tasted fantastic. Definitely it was enough for two, but I was told that the fries and Schnitzel reheat great at home. Our waiter was friendly, attentive, and we enjoyed his visits to check on us. We will return again.

1  Thank Judy G
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Great local hang out. Out of the way, very casual. An excellent selection of beers, watch out for the hot wings, which come with a home made habenero sauce. In good weather there is a wonderful deck to watch the Tetons. Don't come here if you have kids or need to be pampered. Not that kind of place. My experience was excellent and will return any time I am in JH. They offer a free shuttle, which is great considering how often local police pull people over.

1  Thank Pepper P
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I am particular about how I like my burgers. I prefer a flat, thick patty that can be cooked evenly, medium rare. The Bird has more round, somewhat ball-shaped patties, and I just don't like them that way. And they use english muffins instead of buns, which I thought would be good, but really wasn't. It's obviously the kind of place that has promoted Trip Advisor Reviews to the max, and suits some people to a "T". I like it fine, but there's no way it's the #1 restaurant in Jackson Hole.

1  Thank GOWYO
Reviewed April 21, 2014

the atmosphere: a western cowboy saloon, location: next to highway/gas station, service: took a long time, bar type service, not professional enough, food quality: burger was ok, value: too expansive for what it is, overall: not bad but definitely should not be in the top in Jackson Hole

2  Thank Larry J