“Best Veggie Burgers in Town”
Review of The Bird

The Bird
Ranked #21 of 145 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Located South of Town Square. The Bird provides one of the most fantastic views in the greater Teton Valley, with panoramic mountain vistas offering a brilliant sunset. A favorite watering hole of local legend Colonel Angus, it is a neighborhood pub atmosphere with rustic wood interior. Great for all but beware, the late-night scene can get quite rowdy and may not be suitable for families with young children.The Bird prides itself in offering a unique "local" experience whilst offering great cuisine. Not the place to be pandered to but if you wish to let loose, eat right, and escape the standard tourist trap come on in!
Jackson, Wyoming
“Best Veggie Burgers in Town”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Don't let the gruff menu fool you. Buried at the bottom of the burgers section you may spot something called the "Bushy Beaver." Read on and you will discover that this is actually a veggie burger hidden among the sea of meat which composes the majority of the menu. ORDER THIS BURGER. Especially if you are a vegetarian. You won't find a better veggie burger for 500 miles.

My girlfriend and I are both vegetarians and we love this burger. The only downsides (for us) with this restaurant are that there aren't more veggie options (I know, that's not really their style) and that it's kind of expensive. Not ridiculously overpriced, just a little on the high end. The beer also seems to be priced a bit high. But it's definitely worth a trip there if you're gonna be in town.

One warning: for some reason if you want cheese on your veggie burger it will cost you $2. Seriously. $2 for a slice of cheddar. That's crazy. But, luckily it's really good without cheese.

• Visited December 2013
TheBirdInJackson, Owner at The Bird, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thanks Jay,
We here at The Bird are with you. There isn't a veggie burger close to ours.
Hey Jay,
Did you know that they are made from scratch on a daily basis. Would you like this outstanding house made burger to be topped with a bright orange factory processed cheese food or a delicious aged sharp cheddar? For the record we do offer a quality American and Swiss for a $1.
Hey Jay,
Did you know that our beers are legit 20 oz pours? If you think about, that makes our dank draft beer cheaper per ounce than everyone else in town. But we understand math can be difficult when all you're looking for is cheap food, cheap beer and relaxation!

Green River, Wyoming
“Good burger and steak - NOT fine dining”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

As this was rated so highly, we felt compelled to try it out. It is kind of in the back of parking lot and tucked back in. Huge burger selection. Two steaks, three brats and two salads. Coke or Pepsi - no diet. Large beer selection - both tap and bottled. Service was friendly and efficient, though my entrée was served before I was finished with my salad. I jokingly asked if a pole coming out of the round table in the Northwest corner of the room was structural or a stripper pole. The waitress said that it was indeed a stripper pole - put in for a Super Bowl party. The music was Reggae and Grateful Dead - very good and not too loud. Again, good food, service and a specific type of ambiance. But not 'fine dining'.

• Visited January 2014
TheBirdInJackson, Owner at The Bird, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you for your patronage.
To be clear The Bird does have a structural support post in the NW corner of the bar area. The use of the post is only limited to our patrons imaginations:) The Bird does play an eclectic mesh of music. We mix it up. On any given day it could be Hip-Hop, Rock, Punk, Metal, Hippie-*hit, Reggae(rarity), Dub, Electronica, Bavarian. We're here year round; if we did not switch it up we would go crazy!
-cheers
Langley City, Canada
“A Taste of Bavaria”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Since it's raving about German food and beer, we tried this out on our first night in town. The schnitzel was so big and my husband enjoyed it. I loved the bier-brat plate! I think I enjoyed the Sauerkraut here better than the one in Leavenworth. Love their beer as well!

Visited October 2013
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“You better be hungry.”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Went here after we asked multiple townies where to have supper. Oh my gosh, you better be hungry! It was 1/2 price Wienerschnitzel nite, so we all ordered one. Three people could have filled up on one serving. And the waiters were at our table constantly to see if we needed anything. Everyone said the beer was excellent. Great place, great atmosphere. Loved it! Oh, and they will come to town and pick you up and take you home, too.

Visited January 2014
Sarasota, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The staff got our order wrong and suggested that we eat the wrong burgers we had waited for for 20 minutes while we they bring us another round of the actual burgers that we had ordered. We also ordered the chicken wings which were pretty good until we came across one that smelled horribly. We brought it to the waiter's attention who simply denied that any could be wrong, but we felt we could not consume the remainder of the order and it was not taken off our bill. The atmosphere was low key and kind of fun, but the customer service was even more low key, unprofessional and disappointing.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank lhrmorris
TheBirdInJackson, Owner at The Bird, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
I am one of the two owners at The Bird and dealt with your table specifically. If my memory serves me correctly I did give you FREE food. I took responsibility for my staffs mistake when you pointed out that your burgers were the wrong size (?, pretty sure no mistake was made on our part, but when a family of 4 refuses to drop their iphones, there is a good chance what you think you ordered and what you actually did are not the same, maybe we will build an app #SIKE!). My solution was took cook another round of burgers for your son and husband while they consumed the ones they were served. The second round, I made very clear, would be ON THE HOUSE. You cordially agreed, problem solved or so I thought. Our burgers are made from fresh ground beef which means cooking them takes time. So, for us, 20 minutes is completely reasonable particularly when they are ordered medium or better(worse). If you had read our menu you would have known that!
In regards to the supposed foul fowl...We served well over 200 wings that night. All cooked from the same package, fresh from delivery. I find it suspicious that you managed to find the ONE. In fact I remember you shoving your half-chewed chicken wing in my face. At which point I exclaimed, "why the hell am I doing this!". Hate to be the bearer of good news, but that masticated wing wreaked of chicken.
Unfortunately for me I may never have the displeasure of smelling your food or waiting on you again. I've decided to take a job with the USDA working in the False Claims department #SIKE!.