“Burgers”

Ranked #28 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Located South of Town Square. The Bird provides one of the most fantastic views in the greater Teton Valley, with panoramic mountain vistas offering a brilliant sunset. A favorite watering hole of local legend Colonel Angus, it is a neighborhood pub atmosphere with rustic wood interior. Great for all but beware, the late-night scene can get quite rowdy and may not be suitable for families with young children.The Bird prides itself in offering a unique "local" experience whilst offering great cuisine. Not the place to be pandered to but if you wish to let loose, eat right, and escape the standard tourist trap come on in!
Reviewed July 27, 2013

A simple menu. Burgers or Brats.... German Potato Salad and Kraut that is out of this work. This 'Bar' knows how to cook teton beef.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family and I rolled into Jackson around 7:30pm on our road trip. I checked out TA for where to go eat and we went with the "number one" RESTAURANT on the app. Before I knew it we were heading 6 miles out of town to find the place. When we got there we sat ourselves, as the sign read, outside. The table was still dirty and when a guy came by the table to wipe it down he remarked in a rude and snide tone of voice, "oh, hello, family..." Ok... I had no idea what that was about, but when I asked for a high chair for my 9 month old he simply said, "Nope," and walked off. We received our menus a few minutes later where my husband pointed out the page devoted to telling us that The Bird "is a bar with food, not a family restaurant," which is why they don't feel they should have to cater to families in any way, and also that basically us families need to keep our wild children quiet and blah, blah, blah. Seriously, more than half a page on their menu. Apparently that was why the guy cleaning the table did not feel he needed to say anything other than, "nope," to my request. Then a waitress came to order our drinks and completely skipped our 9 year old, like she wasn't even there. For a place that doesn't "envision" having children around, the wait staff was pretty childish. So thanks, jerks. We cancelled our drink orders, left and went to The Kitchen where we were treated warmly and with kindness and had an extraordinary meal.
P.S. Dear Mr. Owner of The Bird, your menu is beyond stupid. I would never give your establishment a single penny.

14  Thank Thebestofdanners
Reviewed July 26, 2013

So we were worried after reading all the great reviews that this place would be a disappointment - it was not!
We had no trouble finding it, but we did use GPS/Sat Nav.
We sat outside and the service was great. As mentioned in a number of reviews, all the staff here seem to pitch in and help each other, which does mean that people are asking you if every thing is ok a few times, but thats ok - our drinks never got empty and even after we paid the bill, they refilled our drinks.
The burgers were great - we both went for the bigger burger, and for me, it was too much, but I made a great attempt at it, and my husband loved every last bite of his. He went for his cooked medium, which was perfect - I wanted mine cooked through, with no pink - they asked me not to cut into it straight away, and to eat round the edges first, to let it cook through, as they didn't want to burn it - and it was completely perfect!
They prefer to be paid by cash, but take credit cards.
I would highly recommend, and we both felt, that it was one of the best burgers we have had.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Best ranch dressing I've ever tasted!!!!!!! And this is coming from someone who eats ranch on everything and gets ranch everywhere she goes!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We were four weary and hungry travelers looking for a place to eat on our way from Steamboat Springs, Co to the Grand Tetons National Park. After looking at reviews on Tripadvisor, we decided to give The Bird a try.
The moment we walked in the door we were overwhelmed by the energetic vibe that seemed to electrify the place. I don't mean too loud music or unruly patrons, I mean the attentiveness of the waitstaff who seemed genuinely happy that we were there.
We aren't sure how he does it but the owner has created an environment where his employees seem sincerely happy to work and to serve customers.
The food was exceptional. The homemade horseradish sauce was delightful and the perfect compliment to my french dip sandwich. The pork schnitzle was tasty and leftovers provided lunch for three out of four of us!
The owner, so sorry we didn't get his name, was personable and helpful. He stopped at our table several times offering samples of wings and for dessert the most delicious kailua ice cream. He also suggested a hike to Phelps Lake in the Grand Tetons which has been one of the highlights of our trip thus far.

We wish this business was located in our home town of Queensbury, New York because we would be regular patrons for sure.

Congratulations to this business, employees and most of all its owner for providing such an excellent all around dining experience.