“#1 for a reason”

Ranked #21 of 145 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Located South of Town Square. The Bird provides one of the most fantastic views in the greater Teton Valley, with panoramic mountain vistas offering a brilliant sunset. A favorite watering hole of local legend Colonel Angus, it is a neighborhood pub atmosphere with rustic wood interior. Great for all but beware, the late-night scene can get quite rowdy and may not be suitable for families with young children.The Bird prides itself in offering a unique "local" experience whilst offering great cuisine. Not the place to be pandered to but if you wish to let loose, eat right, and escape the standard tourist trap come on in!
Bozeman, Montana
“#1 for a reason”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Excellent dinner tonight...burger, french dip, shishito peppers, fries & sauces were all outstanding. Draft beer tasted really fresh, and the place had a great vibe. I'll go back soon.

Union Hall, Virginia
“Ranked #1 on TA, You Must be Kidding!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Wife and I felt like grabbing a burger tonight so, based on the TA reviews, we decided to try The Bird. What a mistake that turned out to be! Walked into the place to lots of noise and the clacking of pool balls. No sign to tell you to seat yourself or "wait to be seated"; had to ask the bartender. A server came pretty quickly and took our order and returned with our beverages.
Had to wait about one-half hour for our burgers to arrive but we figured it might be worth the wait for a good burger. Unfortunately, the burgers were probably the worst we've ever had. They may use fresh ground beef but they don't know how to cook them. They were far too salty and mine was practically raw though I ordered medium. If you're thinking why didn't he send it back, it's because we never saw our server again! They serve their burgers on an Engish muffin which turned into slop due to the undercooked meat. I left most of my food on the plate which really griped me since I was paying $14 for this burger. $14 dollars? Are they serving imported Kobe beef? I think not! When we wanted the check, we finally had to accost some other server to get it. So if eating at a place with lots of noise, lousy food, and clientele
sporting the unabridged "[--]" on their shirts, this is the place for you, then eat at The Bird. McDonald's is a more pleasant place to eat and the food is better and that's saying something. Oh, by the way, their pickles are good!

3 Thank jzb31
Middletown, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding food!”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Took my wife and mother-in-law there last night based on TA reviews and we weren't disappointed. It's a little ride from downtown Jackson, but well worth It. The atmosphere was just what we expected, a bar/restaurant where we could enjoy the food to some decent music, yet still have good conversation without having to yell. The burgers were
prepared to perfection. I ordered mine medium and wished I had taken the advise on the menu and ordered medium rare. I've never ordered medium rare, but after giving it a few minutes to finish cooking, it would have been more like what I know as medium. That was my issue, but the burger was about as good a meal as I can remember. If you're looking for an enjoyable night out and great food to boot, you can't go wrong here!

Dennis
Middletown, DE

Visited June 2013
Alpine, Wyoming
“Rating?”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was from out of town visiting family and went to Trip Advisor to find reviews so this was the #1 place. We ordered hamburgers lets say it was smaller than a kids burger. Fries were ok...Price $$ like everywhere Jackson, is crazy priced. For that price I should be floored by taste not the price. I will not be going back especially with family. This place is for sports and drinking...The view is better than the rest....To bad I still can't find a GREAT burger in Jackson...Next time I will BBQ my own burger... Service was good the girls were nice.. Do not bring kids...

5 Thank 307Travler
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“THE BEST”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had the veggie burger and my partner had a hamburger, both of which were the best we've ever had. The staff was very courteous pleasant and attentive. The view was amazing. This is really the best place to get a burger anywhere.

1 Thank cardiak