“Try the Pig Candy!”
Review of Cafe Genevieve

Cafe Genevieve
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Genevieve is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 144 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: King Street
Transit: S.T.A.R.T. Bus stop on Deloney St.
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Try the Pig Candy!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We recently visited for lunch and this charming place was very good. Located just off the town square, it is in a small and contemporary/rustic setting with outside dining. I tried the boudin Eggs Benedict and it was excellent. The highlight, however, was the "pig candy." It is slow baked bacon that has some sugary confection on it - the end result is a crunchy and chewy sweet bacon treat that is addictive. Service was excellent and I'd go again!

Visited July 2014

Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Fantastic Find in Jackson”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I've been to Jackson many times but it had been a few years and I was delighted to have found such a great place that I'd never been previously.

My husband and I had been on a long hike and tried this place, based on trip advisor reviews, for a late lunch. I ordered the huevos con chile verde with chorizo and my husband got the Reuben. He loved the Reuben but I knew he wished he'd have ordered the huevos. I dutifully shared. This was the best dish I had during our entire stay (almost 2 weeks) in Jackson. We did have our child with us so we didn't go to some of our usual more fine dining faves like Wild Sage. But it was so good we came back the next evening for dinner and our last morning for breakfast (he had to have the huevos). Pig bacon, well duh! Slam dunk.

I'd say the breakfast was a little pricey, even for Jackson ($6 for half a waffle for my son) that's the only niggling small negative.

The fried chicken was not the style with which I am accustomed but good and the macaroni and cheese is excellent.

Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Yummy brunch”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Very busy spot but handled wait list well using cell numbers to call or text. The eggs Benedict were delicious. My husband had the corned beef hash w a side of applewood bacon - delish. The kids had pancakes and eggs w sausage and were very happy. Coffee was excellent as was mimosa! Quite crowded and only one bathroom. Very quaint location in old cabin.

Park Ridge, New Jersey
“Wow- must try when visiting Jackson!”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We were starving when we arrived at Cafe Genevieve so we ordered more than usual. After reading all the reviews about the "pig candy," I had to try it, and it was amazing. It was basically candied bacon. Sweet and also salty and crispy. So yummy. I got the ramen noodles, which were just ok. The noodles were really soggy and stuck together. That was disappointing. But the pork and broth were SO good. I'm Chinese and eat a lot of different Asian soups. If the noodles had been done right, this soup would have been pretty good. My friend ordered the salmon and liked it. The real star of the meal though was the mac and cheese we split. It was hands down one of the best mac and cheese dishes I've ever had. I LOVE mac and cheese and have tried a lot of different ones. This one was just right- crispy on top, creamy in the middle. We couldn't finish it all so I had bacon and mac and cheese leftovers. YUM!

Definitely check it out if you are staying in Jackson for a night or two. It's right near the downtown so you can walk around before or after and do some shopping. Oh we also sat outside, which was very nice on a cool summer night. :)

1 Thank Jen K
Guelph, Canada
“Live music & Good food”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is advertised as homecooking and it was - nothing over-the-top about the dishes themselves, but tasted very, very good. Great service, Wednesday night live music, tasty food. I'd defintitely go back.

Visited July 2014