“Trout was very good”
Review of Cafe Genevieve

Cafe Genevieve
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Genevieve is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: King Street
Transit: S.T.A.R.T. Bus stop on Deloney St.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had Idaho trout and was very good, they were not so busy so our meal came very quick.
Very good service in and out quickly, cannot complain, as far as prices 24 dollars for meal bit on pricey side but this is Jackson my friends.

cafegen, Manager at Cafe Genevieve, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thanks for joining us for dinner while in Jackson. I'm pleased you appreciated the welcoming, prompt service and were satisfied with your meal. Our house-made rosemary focaccia bread is the perfect compliment to our healthy, simple Idaho Trout dish. We hope our passion for inspiring food and drink left a lasting impression.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stopped off at Cafe Genevieve after a pretty long journey. We were looking for a coffee and a cake so that we could continue on our journey for a few more hours.

We were seated outside, which was lovely and served the most delicious coffee. All staff were lovely and polite. We chose the peach pie and the lime cheesecake, both of which were delicious, so much so that by the time we had finished our coffee and cake we were tempted to stay in Jackson and come back for dinner. Sadly time did not allow for this, but we were very tempted indeed. We both decided that if we had seen the main menu first we would have had an early dinner instead of "something to keep us going".

I went inside to use the restroom and the inside of the restaurant was beautiful; the lighting, the decor, the artwork, all really tasteful. Even the restroom was pretty!

Anyway, that's a long enough review for peach pie and coffee, but I wanted to stress that the combination of a very interesting looking menu, brilliant service, and great coffee made for an interesting stop off.

If we're ever in Jackson again, there's no doubt that we will be back for dinner.

Wow, thanks so much for the positive feedback! I'm glad you happened upon us while traveling through the area. Our pastry chef is amazing and loves to bring the old classic, comforting desserts to a whole new modern level. Our locally roasted Snake River Roasters coffee is the perfect solution for an afternoon pick-me-up. We hope you make it through town again and can make it in for dinner.

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch. There was a table on the deck but in the sun. We asked if we could get one in the shade. The hostess personally got a large umbrella and positioned it to provide shade. This took her several minutes. What service!!!!!

The food was outstanding. Truly terrific.

Our server was wonderful. We asked about Jackson and the ski area. She brought us maps, local newspapers and a local brochure about upcoming art festival. What service!!!!! All done with a smile and sincere tone to promote the area.

A truly wonderful experience -- food and service wise.

I'm glad you were able to enjoy the beautiful Jackson weather while dining on our patio. Our staff are all in love with this gorgeous place we call home, and are happy to share fun facts and info on the area. I hope it was useful. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Had a nice evening with these people. Got there early with an Open Table reservation, we were seated 10 minutes early. Great local produce salads. We had the Chopped Caprese with Heirloom grape tomatoes and the Roasted Baby Beet and Arugula salads. Had the Jambalaya which had nice spice and very good meat, a little too much rice, so I left some. Wife had Broiled Idaho Trout. It is now her favorite fish. Definitely a good place to go.

We are thrilled that you felt welcomed in our historic cabin when dining with us this month. It is our goal to treat every guest as family while serving our Inspired Home Cooking in a professional yet comfortable atmosphere. It sounds like you got to try some of my favorite menu items and get a taste of our fresh local fare...glad you enjoyed! Please come see us next time you are in Jackson.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

My Husband and I went here for dinner during the week. Had the fried green tomatoes to start...a must! I had the trout and my husband had the bass. Both were cooked perfectly and very delicious. The service was fabulous!

Thanks so much for joining us for dinner. I'm pleased to hear that you loved the Fried Green Tomato appetizer with Pimento Cheese and Tasso Ham as much as I do. I indulge in it at least twice a week! We appreciate your positive feedback and hope to host you again in the future.