“Good food!”
Review of Cafe Genevieve

Cafe Genevieve
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Genevieve is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: King Street
Transit: S.T.A.R.T. Bus stop on Deloney St.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Ate there 3 times while in Jackson. Very good pulled pork sandwich. Good soup. All the food is fresh with high quality ingredients. I didn't care for the home made potato chips, they weren't crunchy enough/too oily. I think maybe the oil wasn't hot enough at least for the batch I had. Don't let this deter you though, the food is good here.

1  Thank Brad B

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Visited Cafe Genevieve several times during our trip to Jackson. We were always greeted by a very cordial host or hostess and seated immediately. We were visiting just before the high season though so I think we got lucky. If the weather is good, like it was when we were there, sit outside on the patio.

The first time we (wife and I) went we were eating a late breakfast. I elected to have the rueben and my wife had the mac and cheese with a "pig candy" salad. The corned beef is done in house with Snake River Farms beef and is stellar. The beef is cut thick, not several thin slices typically found in a deli sandwich. It was very flavorful, lean and super tender. The french fries were also very good-I love good french fries.

The pig candy salad was something from a magazine. Super fresh greens and bacon candy which is dispersed throughout, more on that later. Drinks are also well made and very creative albeit a tad pricey but inline with other Jackson restaurants. They are unique and delicious so I was more than willing to pay. I should also mention the biscuit which is about the size of a coffee saucer and better than an inch thick. While not the best biscuit I've ever eaten, it's worth ordering if your in the mood.

Our second visit found us there the following day for an earlier breakfast. The host who seated us the day before remembered us and thanked us for returning. I thought that was a nice touch. Most people in tourist towns don't even look at you let alone remember who you are.

This was a more traditional breakfast. I ordered the corned beef hash and my wife ordered the BLT feature with a few eggs included on the sandwich. What an absolute feast. The hash was some of the best I've eaten and my wife's sandwich was equally delicious with great thick sliced bacon.

Speaking of bacon, if you go, be sure to buy some pig candy. It's essentially bacon that is sprinkled with sugar and spices then baked (I'm assuming that's how it's prepared). They sell 1/2lb in a nice box for $22 which is crazy money for 8oz of bacon until you eat it. Then you realize it's worth it. Don't start eating it on the plane, it won't make it home. Don't ask me how I know that.

All in all a great place with great food and service in a cozy atmosphere. It's not cheap (but not expensive either) but what is in Jackson. Cafe Genevieve was way better than Nora's in every respect (see my review on that).

Like anything else you get what you pay for and in the case of Cafe Genevieve I was happy to pay what they were asking.

1  Thank cruzmisl
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The staff was so friendly. It looked like a little cabin in the middle of town. It was nice and cozy and they played some bluegrass music which always makes a Kentucky girl feel welcome. I had the belgian waffle with berries, blue berries and strawberries with a side of applewood bacon. It was awesome times 10 with every bite. My friend had 2 eggs, bacon and home fries. She also enjoyed her breakfast. They also serve lunch and dinner. Don't miss this charming place if you go to Jackson Hole.

1  Thank southgal
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We made reservations and thankful that we did. The food was great and we were seated at lovely table. Our waiter was delightful and quick with service. The menu had many items that we would have loved to try. The atmosphere inside the house was warm and inviting.

1  Thank Trish H
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was not displeased or impressed by Cafe Genevieve. The food was fine, our server was okay but the $7 for a side of aspargus was outragous when only five pieces of aspargus arrived at the table?!

1  Thank Kelly G