“Mouth Watering”
Review of Cafe Genevieve

Cafe Genevieve
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Genevieve is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: King Street
Transit: S.T.A.R.T. Bus stop on Deloney St.
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Yuuuummmmmyy. I had a burger and my girlfriend had the strip steak and everything was delicious. There is a bacon type dessert which I highly recommend.

cafegen, Manager at Cafe Genevieve, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

I'm so glad you enjoyed our amazing dinner options. I believe the dessert you reffered to is our Milk Chocolate Bacon Semifreddo Sandwiches...similar to a homemade soft ice cream sandwich with a unique smokey bacon and black pepper flavor. One of my favorites as well! We hope to see you next time you are in town to show off our new creations.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I went there for the first time last night. The food amazing!! The Mac and cheese stayed hot for a while! The cheese was different. The chicken was out I this world!! I recommend this to folks. The noble pig is a bit creepy but in a cute way.. I feel like it watches my every move lol. I will be back in soon!

Thank you for the kind words about one of our most popular dishes. And our Most Noble Pig only means well...he's our loyal mascot. Hope to see you back in soon!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for brunch at Cafe Genevieve when we first pulled into Jackson and we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Creative menu done perfectly in a cozy environment with excellent service. We had to come back for more before leaving town!

Thanks so much for making us one of your first and last stops while in Jackson. We have an amazing team that adds a creative touch to our cozy, historic atmosphere. Glad you enjoyed!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I live in Jackson, just a 5 minute walk away from Cafe Genevieve. When they first moved in, I had to admit, it made me a bit sad as my husband and I loved Jedediah's (now at the airport) so much! However, Cafe Genevieve has totally turned my disappointment around! CG is one of the few places we eat at regularly in town; Jackson is known for pricey restaurants, so we don't go out as much as we like. However, we make CG our regular spot. The cocktails are FANTASTIC - Happy Hour is where it's at! Just a warning to you lowlanders who aren't used to our high elevation - these might hit you quicker than you think! My husband loves their classic Old Fashioned, but I find myself drawn to whatever looks good; the blood orange margarita, the grapefruit martini and the East Ender/East Sider (I think that's what it was called... a delicious and refreshing gin drink... yum) are all fabulous. We LOVE their Happy Hour menu for appetizers - the poutin is probably a heart attack waiting to happen, but what a way to go (especially with their out-of-this-world fry sauce). The pork sliders are always a favorite, and I love the duck confeit quesadillas. The regular menu is, of course, fantastic as well (the Cajun Biscuits and Gravy I had last Sunday... wow), but if you're out with friends or family and just need a little something to get you by, I highly recommended getting drinks and apps at Happy Hour. Desserts are also terribly yummy - we had a homemade whoopie pie with pig candy garnish that was simply sinful.

We make sure to hit Cafe Genevieve at least once every month or so. Service is always excellent, the manager, Michelle, is a sweetheart, and the patio is a great, shady place to eat on a summer's afternoon.

1  Thank jessicamaybe

We really appreciate you making us your go-to spot in Jackson. We are very lucky to have an amazing chef to cater to our craving for home cooking but in an inspired, creative outlet. We are also proud to have such a welcoming, knowledgeable staff to help elevate your experience to the next level. Thank you for your loyalty...can't wait to see you soon!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Four of us dined at the Cafe this February. While the service was somewhat spotty, the food and ambiance were great. We got there at happy hour and had drinks and appetizers. We then enjoyed dinner (I had the pork porterhouse, which was so tasty) before retiring to the small bar area where a blue-grass band was playing for dessert and after-dinner drinks.

It sounds like you picked the perfect night of the week to try us out for dinner. Our Bluegrass Wednesday nights are a big hit for diners of all ages, and last week we even had a spontaneous guest appearance by a famous New Orleans Blues player. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal and your experience. Thanks for the feedback!