We're a family with 2 boys, 12 and 15, visiting Jackson Hole for the first time during spring break 2013. We planned several activities during our week stay based on reviews on tripadvisor, from dog sledding, to ski mobile trips, to Paul's photo safari. Paul's guided tour was one of the highlights of our week! Not only did he take us to some amazing locations throughout Jackson Hole for photography, but we learned a lot about every location we visited. His knowledge of the area covers history, geography, animal habitats, and even tracking individual animals and their families. Paul has a passion for his lifestyle and it shows! (I would say he has a passion for his 'work' but he seems to really care about sharing this wonderful place with visitors.)
Here are a few details that made it even more fun for us:
- Paul gave our two boys each a Canon Powershot SX50 to take photos. They loved them. The zoom was something like 1200mm, better than our Nikon DSLR lens. (We just had to bring SD cards.)
- Paul let us use one of his large telephoto lenses (~800mm) on our Nikon throughout the trip.
- He customized our tour, showing us some wildlife (Moose, Coyote, BigHorn Sheep, Grey Heron) plus some spectacular views that are not on the 'standard' list of spots other guides may take visitors.
- Paul took a couple great family portraits of us at a couple beautiful locations, and sent us a link to the hi-res images.
- And don't forget about the fresh muffins!
All in all, one of our best events in Jackson.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.