“Great photo opportunities”

More attraction details
Owner description: Please join me on a private, Jackson Hole Photographic Scenic and Wildlife Safari through Grand Teton National Park with me as your experienced guide. I will provide you with a unique opportunity to explore the unparalleled scenery and wildlife surrounding Jackson Hole. Grizzly and black bears, moose, elk, mule deer, bison, pronghorn, eagles and wolves are just some of the wildlife we often experience. With my visual and ethical appreciation for the environment I' am anxious to share my passion with all my guests. I guarantee I will be your guide. I offer over 39 years of experience in seeking out the elusive wildlife that inhabits the region and extensive knowledge on the best locations to view and photograph the picturesque surroundings of Grand Teton National Park. I offer only one Safari Tour per day and each tour is individually customized. All tours include fresh morning glory breakfast muffins, refreshments and of course the use of high quality Nikon binoculars, and Swarovski spotting scopes, as well as tripods and rain-gear. Please be sure to check out the rest, and see why people choose Paul Martin's Photo Safaris. I sincerely hope I can be part of your amazing Jackson Hole adventure! --Paul
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I went on Paul's photo safari last weekend. What a wonderful experience! He does everything possible to make it a great experience, from nice coffee and muffins to being willing and able to tailor the trip to our needs and the conditions of the day.

Paul’s knowledge of the area and the wildlife make him a great guide. He taught us a lot about how to look for wildlife and showed us some wonderful places to come back to. We didn’t have a great sunrise due to clouds, but Paul’s advice for where to go on a different morning was perfect later in the trip.

His van setup is excellent, allowing for great viewing on all sides and out the top.

I loved being able to use his 600mm lens – it got me sharp images of moose and sheep that I could never have gotten with my own lens. Using that lens out of the top of the van gave a perspective that couldn’t be matched!

SafariPaul, Owner at Paul Martin's Photo Safaris -Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

You got some great images! Thank you for sharing your experience and photos with other TA readers. With almost 40 years experience in Grand Teton National Park as a professional photographer I have a unique perspective that I enjoy sharing with all my guests. The weather is not always perfect in the mountains, but my guests are assured a great experience what ever the weather brings. The sunrise tour is the perfect way to start any visit to Grand Teton National Park. Thanks for being my guest! --Paul

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Went on private tour with Paul of Paul's Photo Safaris last weekend. Our group consisted of my husband and I, our 3 teens and my sister and brother-in-law. My daughter and brother-in-law are both amateur photographers. The tour was probably one of the best we have ever taken and we have been on multiple private tours around the US and abroad. Paul is very knowledgeable, helpful and funny. He had extra lenses and cameras for us to use that were awesome! All of us ended up taking some very nice photos. We saw numerous wildlife- so many that we started teasing Paul about his choreography! He also took us to several off the beaten tract places for awesome views of the Tetons. He had many suggestions for us to explore on our own at a later date. The views from every seat in his van are great- captain chairs that swivel with huge windows. The muffins and hot chocolate he provided were a welcome treat. He called me the day before to move up the pick-up time because of where he was anticipating some of the wildlife would be. We were so glad that we did, not only for the wildlife but for the amazing sunrise. We plan on returning in the spring for another tour.

SafariPaul, Owner at Paul Martin's Photo Safaris -Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thanks you Laura and your family for allowing me to be your personal guide of Grand Teton National Park this winter. Its always my honor to share this wonderful place we call Jackson Hole valley. Because all my tours are private and personalized to each group I can put the tours focus on what you want to see and do. The photo enthusiasts in your group took advantage of some of the great cameras and lenses all my guests are free to use and from the sounds of it took some wonderful images home with them, while those just interested in sight seeing I hope the Nikon binoculars and Swarovski spotting scope came in handy. Thank you and your family for allowing me the pleasure of having you as my guests. I’m looking forward to seeing you this spring. --Paul

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Paul was GREAT and the trip was wonderful!! From the moment we started planning for our photo safari, Paul was very responsive and informative. The morning of the safari Paul picked us up from our hotel and we went straight to find the moose! He planned the day perfectly. We were just in the right spot to catch the morning sun shinning down on the mountain peaks. We were able to get very close to moose, elk, and got some amazing views of big horn sheep. Paul was a wealth of information from everything to camera / photography tips, to wildlife, and the history of Jackson. We HIGHLY recommend Paul and can't wait for our next trip to Jackson!
P.S. The coffee and the muffins were a hit as well! Hope to see you soon!!

I can’t thank you enough for sharing your sunrise tour with everyone! When folks call to discuss their tour options they always get to talk to me and I learn first hand what you hope to do and see, so as your guide I’m able to better focus on your group. As an owner guided service it means that I guarantee I will always be your guide and offer the most personalized tour service in Jackson Hole. Your group was a delight to share Grand Teton National Park in the winter and I look forward to your next trip. --Paul

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Paul picked us up at the hotel promptly on time. He was quick to get us off for our first sunrise shot giving us recommendations on how to set up and take the best image that we could. He provided tripods and extra lenses if needed and an extra point and shoot camera. He had hot coffee and awesome fresh muffins to offer. He was tremendously patient to help us as needed to make sure we getting the best photos. He was willing to hike to Cunningham's cabin in order to take a photo that we were wishing to have. He made sure we travelled to locations to see great wildlife providing us with great information about the animals as we went along. He had many locations preplanned to make sure saw various animals. Paul talked to his "photo buddies" to keep tabs on which animals might be in which locations or which animals still had antlers so we would use our time best. Between locations he provided us with some history of the area as well as some photography tips (which we really needed). Even though we went over our preplanned time limit, Paul made sure we saw all of the preplanned areas and wildlife. Paul made sure all of our questions were answers. For a personalized photo safari, we would recommended Paul over any commercial company. Paul definitely gave us a first rate photo safari!

SafariPaul, Owner at Paul Martin's Photo Safaris -Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Thank you for sharing your Sunrise experience with other TA readers. My Sunrise Safari Tour is the most popular tour I offer both summer and winter, and its a great way to start your Jackson Hole adventure. I love sharing my 38 years of experience with all my guests, and because I’m not a big commercial company with seasonal guides my guests are guaranteed a much more personalized service.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Paul's Photo tour in Jackson Hole was a great, personal tour that included some great landscape shots of the Grand Tetons, along with great wildlife shots with Bison, Eagle, Bighorn Sheep, Elk and Moose. Paul is very knowledgeable with the wildlife as well as photography and offered some great shooting tips. Highly recommended!

Thank you for sharing your tour with others and especially the photos! Winter in Jackson Hole offers great opportunities to view and photograph both the wildlife and scenery without all the crowds of summer. I enjoyed our tour together and sincerely hope you come back soon. --Paul