“Best Guide Ever!”

JH Trout Fly Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: I am the only guide for JH Trout so when you book a trip with me you know that I will be your guide, not just someone who works for my company. I am one of the few guides who can guide in Grand Teton Nat'l Park, this is done as an employee of Grand Teton Fly Fishing who is the permit holder. As a guide in Jackson, WY I have the ability to guide many different rivers and lakes in the region. Through a permit system, in which I work off of other companies permits, I can guide rivers in the Pinedale area, Yellowstone Nat'l Park, the Salt River, and rivers around Jackson including permits that allow me to guide the Snake River in Grand Teton Nat'l Park (via Grand Teton Fly Fishing). Multiple boat trips are also an option.
Fort Collins, CO
“Best Guide Ever!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I have employed many guides over several years on many different rivers and we both feel like Neil was the best guide we've ever had! Neil knows his river, knows his fish, knows his flies and put together an excellent day on the river for my husband, our adult daughter and myself. He was a patient teacher with each of us--knowing how to teach according to our different levels of ability and experience. He provided an outstanding day for each of us that surpassed all other fishing experiences we've had. You can confidently book a great day fishing with Neil!

Hereford
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“100% Recommended - outstanding instructor and guide”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Neil managed to help me out with a late booking (although I'd recommend booking early). He was extremely accommodating and patient - my wife and I had never fly fished before. Despite this, Neil was more than happy to take the two of us on a full days trip. Noting our lack of experience, he tailored the perfect day out to ensure that we would benefit from water that was suited for beginners along the South Fork in Idaho. We both caught a ridiculous number of trout and mountain whitefish thanks to his knowledge and coaching! The lunch half way down was perfect as was his knowledge of the surrounding wildlife which was a nice bonus. I really couldn't have asked for anymore. Neil is a phenomenal guide with great ethics to ensure that the waters and fish are respected. I can't recommend Neil highly enough.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Loulanta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Fishing on the Snake”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I fished with Neil on the Snake in late June, and had an excellent time. First, I was very impressed with Neil’s preparation for our trip. He was extremely knowledgeable about all the rivers in the area and selected the Snake over several others based on his research in the days leading up to our planned trip.

Once we started fishing, Neil selected areas that he knew would offer the best fishing based on his familiarity with the river and the specific fishing conditions for that day. Additionally, Neil provided me with options to fish different areas and target both quantity and quality of fish.

As we fished, Neil was extremely helpful with instruction on casting, reading the water, and various other questions that I had. As a result, I ended up catching more cutthroat trout than I could count.

I would highly recommend Neil to anyone interested in a fly fishing trip. His knowledge, patience, and passion for fly fishing make him an ideal guide for both beginners and those who have more experience. I’m looking forward to my next trip to Jackson and will definitely book another day of fishing with Neil.

1 Thank Andrew L
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great guide and introduction to Fly Fishing”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I went out with Neil on June 19th for a full day float on the South Fork in Idaho and it was a great introduction to fly fishing. With no previous experience at all, Neil had us up and fishing in no time. We caught rainbows, cutthroat and mountain whitefish and had a great time doing it. He's an excellent teacher and very easy to get along with. I learned a lot from his instruction and his general knowledge of everything going on around the river. I was also very impressed with his patience and professionalism. I would easily recommend Neil to anyone wanting to hire a guide for the area.

1 Thank Chandler O
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Certain to have an excellent day”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Neil is an outstanding fishing guide. Laid back and hard working - he gets results and most importantly, you have a great time regardless fishing the Snake or other rivers in the area.

He gets excited when the clients catch trout. My nephew caught a 22+ incher in 2013 on his first fly fishing day ever with Neil's instruction and boating skills. This is the guy to book if he is available. He is skilled, personable, diligent and has integrity. Just don't book him when I am in town. Andy (Dallas)

Visited July 2013
nbc4784, Owner at JH Trout Fly Fishing, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Thanks for the review Andy. That was a great day. I look forward to seeing you guys again this summer!