“Great guide and introduction to Fly Fishing”

JH Trout Fly Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: I am the only guide for JH Trout so when you book a trip with me you know that I will be your guide, not just someone who works for my company. I am one of the few guides who can guide in Grand Teton Nat'l Park, this is done as an employee of Grand Teton Fly Fishing who is the permit holder. As a guide in Jackson, WY I have the ability to guide many different rivers and lakes in the region. Through a permit system, in which I work off of other companies permits, I can guide rivers in the Pinedale area, Yellowstone Nat'l Park, the Salt River, and rivers around Jackson including permits that allow me to guide the Snake River in Grand Teton Nat'l Park (via Grand Teton Fly Fishing). Multiple boat trips are also an option.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I went out with Neil on June 19th for a full day float on the South Fork in Idaho and it was a great introduction to fly fishing. With no previous experience at all, Neil had us up and fishing in no time. We caught rainbows, cutthroat and mountain whitefish and had a great time doing it. He's an excellent teacher and very easy to get along with. I learned a lot from his instruction and his general knowledge of everything going on around the river. I was also very impressed with his patience and professionalism. I would easily recommend Neil to anyone wanting to hire a guide for the area.

1  Thank Chandler O

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Neil is an outstanding fishing guide. Laid back and hard working - he gets results and most importantly, you have a great time regardless fishing the Snake or other rivers in the area.

He gets excited when the clients catch trout. My nephew caught a 22+ incher in 2013 on his first fly fishing day ever with Neil's instruction and boating skills. This is the guy to book if he is available. He is skilled, personable, diligent and has integrity. Just don't book him when I am in town. Andy (Dallas)

nbc4784, Owner at JH Trout Fly Fishing, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Thanks for the review Andy. That was a great day. I look forward to seeing you guys again this summer!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have been using Neil as a guide for both personal and business fishing trips since 2009. I would consider myself and avid fly fisherman and a DIY kind of guy. However, each time I have fished with Neil I am humbled at the new techniques that he shares with me. I only wish I had more time for more trips. In 2013 we had very successful floats on the South Fork in Idaho and the Snake near Jackson. I can't wait for the 2014 season! Thanks for the memories Neil!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have had the pleasure of being guided by Neil several times and the bottom line is that he is one of the most enjoyable and knowledgable guides i have ever fished with. On my last trip I brought along my beautiful fiance who is a bit of a novice. Not only was Neil very patient with her (much more so than i ever am, apparently!), but he got her into fish. I highly rec Neil.

nbc4784, Owner at JH Trout Fly Fishing, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Thanks for the review Bob. I hope you had some good fall fishing back in the Northeast.

Neil

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Neil picked me up at my condo and we fished hard. An awesome float and a little spring creek and I caught several nice fish. The scenery was breathtaking. He is an incredible guide and I have referred him to a handful of people, who have used his services and caught lots of fish. A++ in my book