All reviews washer and dryer miller park hospitality suite the penthouse double king room balcony overlooking the park heated garage full kitchen jackson hole restaurant downstairs fitness center in town parking garage nice gym health club walk in closet soaking tub
Reviewed September 7, 2018

We had a very disappointing experience at the White Buffalo Club. The area rugs, throw-pillows, draperies and couch were dirty and worn-out. We ran out of hot water every night so at least one of us took a cold shower. We paid for a roll-out for our daughter but did not receive it so she slept on the uncomfortable couch. The location was perfect in downtown Jackson Hole but the hotel is very poorly maintained and staffed by people who are not well-trained. Our recommendation -- stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Harry K, Director of Sales at White Buffalo Club - Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Management made every attempt to rectify these issues for you during your stay, however we were unable to reach you. You were given my contact information, and never contacted me. You continued to complain at the front desk, as my staff jumped through hoops to accommodate your unusual requests, but avoided management for some reason. As hard as they tried, you would not be satisfied. The room you stayed in had a sleeper sofa couch. While completely adequate and as advertised, this will not be quite as comfortable as a King bed. We do offer rooms with 2 King beds; you chose the less expensive option. Each room has an individual hot water heater. Just like at home, it is possible to use all of the hot water. A short wait is all that is needed for a 2nd extended length shower.

Your complaints about our maintenance and our staff are suspect. Most reviews praise both of these aspects of our hotel. If given the chance, I'm sure I could have found solutions to your issues. I'm disappointed that I missed this opportunity.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

The room itself was large with a balcony. However, it seemed very little attention had been given to the upkeep of the facility. Lots of wall dings, water stains in the bathroom, cobwebs in and around the fireplace. In addition, our fire alarm went off at 3 in the morning blaring its siren and telling us "fire". We called the front desk who said there was no fire. After about 30 seconds, it stopped. The coffee maker did not work in the room and the sheets were very old and pilled. For over $500 a night, we at least hoped the front desk could print a receipt for us and say thank you. I asked for a receipt but the printer was jammed. I did get a receipt by email, but still insist that an appropriate effort might have been made by the receptionist to ask about our stay. I will stay another place next visit.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Harry K, Director of Sales at White Buffalo Club - Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

Thank you for your review. It is difficult to attend to every little ding in the wall when all of our rooms are occupied every night. We attend to larger dings when necessary, and repaint full walls in the off-season to correct issues. The glass fireplace doors are difficult to remove, and I apologize that cobwebs had developed since the last time we cleaned it. We have had issues with sheets in the past, but have purchased all new linens in June to rectify the issue. It's possible that an older set of sheets made it back into the rotation somehow.

Technology is a blessing and a curse. It's unfortunate that your smoke detector in the room malfunctioned during your stay. There is no way we could have anticipated this happening, and it has never happened before. Our printer has never had issues jamming in the past, and my only guess is operator error by our desk staff. The Keurig coffee maker in your room was confirmed to be fully functional after you checked out. If you had called the front desk, we could have talked you through how to use the machine.

I apologize for the issues with your stay. Some of your complaints are completely valid and we will be rectifying any cleanliness issues in the unit you stayed in. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss further.

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

I don’t write reviews very often-but I had an odd enough experience I thought others should be aware. My husband booked a massage for me as a surprise but I’ve been battling a cold so I called to cancel. No biggie. In the next few days after we felt better we hoped to book some golf so I called the front desk to ask advice. The person you book the massages with is the same as the golf person I guess, and she right off the bat asked for my credit card to pay for the canceled massage, but she did so with some attitude as though I was faking my cold or something. So much so that I could hear her laughing at me! I asked if I could replace the massage with anything else as it was still during the apt. Time, and she said they didn’t offer any other services?? I gave her the card but I don’t think I’ll ever stay here again- I am scared to call the front desk and have to talk to her again! So weird and very unprofessional.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank charliwhite

Hello Charli,

I can shed some light on this issue for you, along with an apology. Our Spa was being run by a 3rd party leasing the space from us. When you called the front desk that morning, the massage therapist was at the desk asking us to contact you regarding your cancelled massage which was supposed to start that day 5 minutes earlier according to her. When we saw that it was you calling, and she had been trying to reach the cell phone on file, she was handed the phone to discuss obtaining payment for a massage that was cancelled 5 minutes prior to the appointment time (according to her). I saw my front desk agent hand her the phone, and it was too late for me to interrupt as she had already started speaking.

According to the massage therapist, you cancelled for that day; you are claiming that you cancelled a few days before. There is certainly some confusion here as to which day the massage was reserved for and when it was cancelled. Since the spa has a separate booking system, I can not know for sure. We all found it odd that you had cancelled a massage for that day due to being ill, and were also attempting to book a golf outing for the same day; but it sounds like that is not the case. That is definitely the reason she was laughing.

I sincerely apologize that you feel you were treated rudely. I overheard the conversation, and I do agree that it was not the same level of customer service that you should expect. The massage therapist main concern was collecting her revenue, and she did not act appropriately. She should never have been allowed to answer our front desk phone. We have taken over our spa operation directly due to similar customer service issues in the past, and will be providing the same level of service as the other aspects of our business going forward. Please contact me directly if you would like to be compensated for this issue.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Nice rooms and friendly staff. Enjoyed the spa and loved the location of the hotel. The staff was nice and friendly and the room was nice and clean. I liked the small atmosphere of the hotel and the fact there were not many rooms on each floor. Kept the noise down.

Room Tip: End of the halls is best. The elevator is in the middle of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Located in the basement of the beautiful White Buffalo Club Hotel. Very clubby feel by the decor and lighting. Very friendly and non pretentious staff. They pour a stiff cocktail. The burger deal at happy hour is almost too good. Try the bone marrow luge.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled solo

Our Restaurant is very unique, and the vibe is very different from most restaurants in Jackson. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your dinner; we are very proud of our restaurant.