“Great Visit Again!”

White Buffalo Club - Hotel
Ranked #25 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I visited this property again in July 2011. My stay was fabulous and once again, the staff was outstanding. They brought me food when I had become ill (allergic reaction), and even checked on me to make sure I was ok. They have pillows that are hypoallergenic and feather. The staff is fabulous and the room was extremely nice. I love the bathroom with the glass shower and sunken tub. The king bed was great as well. The best sleep I have had in a long time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Fabtrav001

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Currently at this place and into day four of a five day stay. Very overpriced for services offered. It is clean and has a very comfortable bed, very nice decor, overall nice suite with fireplace. Our room is directly above an electric garage door which opens repeatedly at all times of day and night which is very loud and disruptive. Staff very unfamiliar with local attractions thus not much help with recommending anything, some of the staff even appear to be inconvenienced if questions are asked. Restaurant on site very over priced with regard to their added gratuities and do not even have several of the items listed on their already limited menu. House keeping services are a hit or miss, actually forgot to come one day. Staff are not available 24 hours a day, they leave for the late evening/night hours. There is a spa onsite but staff are not familiar with services offered and even gave conflicting prices when compared to those listed in the directory of services. The facility lists their prices on the internet which are incongruent with those actually charged onsite.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Belynda A
WBCGM, General Manager at White Buffalo Club - Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2012

Thank you for your recent review and allowing me to explain in person some of the amenities and questions you had after writing your review. I greatly apologize for your feeling of disconnect with our staff. Our staff actually has over 30 years combined experience in the Jackson Hole area and are a valuable source of knowledge and assistance when making anything from dinner reservations to booking activities. Since we are a smaller hotel, we get to know our guests very well and try to accommodate every request possible.

Next time at the hotel we would love to have you dine in the restaurant as our room service menu is of a smaller select menu. Unfortunately our USDA prime steaks served on hot plates can not be carried or carted to rooms.

As mentioned in our conversation after review was posted, we do have staff in-house 24 hours but during late off hours is much smaller. Immediate assistance can always be obtained around the clock.

All of our guests receive discount massage treatments at our Wellness Spa and complimentary Yoga. My agent on duty did not know that you were a in-house guest and therefore quoted a higher rate. This was a mistake on our end and staff has been made aware of this and informed to always ask to make sure that every guests receives proper discounted rates.

We honor all rates and specials on our web site or any of our travel partners websites. Due to last minute cancellations, gaps in availability, or early season promotions we do change promotions throughout the year and rates are subject to change. We absolutely will ensure that each reservation receives the best deal we can possibly offer at that time.

I greatly thank you for bringing these questions and items to our attention so we may grow and adapt to match every guests expectations. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 2, 2012

We are here now with family in a 3 room suite. Now that I know it was a condo building with the condos chopped up into hotel rooms, it explains the bizarre room layout to a certain extent. The staff are nice and attentive. But I haven't had pillows this bad since I left basic training in the Army 30 years ago. Since you go to the hotel to sleep, it would seem the bed and linens would be a priority. I would recommend these guys go to the Hiltonhome.com web site and order some bedding.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeff R

Thank you for your feedback. We have a variety of room types at the hotel including single King, Double King, Kitchen Suites, and Fireplace Suites. Our kitchen suites can be rented as a single room suite or can be combined with another hotel room to form a two bedroom or even three bedroom. There are not many option in downtown that have multiple room features so having this option is very popular for families and larger parties.

I apologize that that you were unhappy with the pillows in your room. Our rooms do use a down feather soft pillow. These pillows can be exchanged at any time for synthetic firmer pillow types per comfort or allergic request.

Thank You!

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Need a gym to use while in Jackson, go here! New, clean, nice variety of equipment, good layout, and available 24 hours. Loved being able to workout here while vacationing and pigging out in Jackson!

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank virginiahighlander
Reviewed September 30, 2011

It's not the boutique hotel I expected. I learned from locals that place built as condos and with economy instead became hotel which explains the rooms. It's the carved up condo. So my room was probably originally one bedroom. In looked at room next store and it was a room with kitchen with a bedroom and the 3rd room down was another bedroom with fireplace. My room had long hallway with washer dryer unit. Strange layout. bath tub good but warning hot water scorching. the worst pillows ever-- beyond cheap. no art on walls and poor lighting. Staff nice. But no real assistance with bags. Has garage for car. Needs mini fridge in room. Third floor has roof top terrace which is nice and computer for guest use. It's more like a nicer motel in town than a hotel. Not what I expected after reviews and website.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Folkgroupie

Thank you for your feedback. To clarify, our hotel does have multiple room options here in downtown. We are a boutique hotel and rooms are set up in a hotel style. The rooms have large heavy oak french doors that can be used to lock off or open up into another hotel room type. This allows families or larger parties to enjoy a much bigger combined floor plan. The rooms have never been altered or changed but since we are the only hotel in downtown to offer such a large style and option, can be confusing to those who have not been properly explained. We also have regular single and double king rooms that do not have this option. It is really up to the individual to choose what style of room they prefer as we do have a large selection of room types.

All of our rooms do use soft down feather pillows. We have a selection of firmer pillows on hand per comfort and allergy requests.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

Thanks to Trip Advisor, we chose this hotel to stay in Jackson Hole. Really warm welcome, nice and small boutique hotel with great decor and so close to everything. Harry went out of his way to send us to all of the best places. The only thing I could criticise is that the bathroom has all of those tacky refillable dispensers filled with no-name brand soap, shampoo etc. Such a shame to let down the beautifully furnished and decorated rooms and the 'boutique hotel' profile. Apart from thatn, really lovely spot that we would definitely stay at again and recommend.

Room Tip: If you want complete peace & quiet, don't get a room next to the top floor lounge/balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CatandTim
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for three nights on recommendation of Brushbuck Tours operating in Yellowstone national Park. We were brought under the impression that this is a boutique hotel in Jackson-hole, Wyoming. We were so disappointed that I researched the term “boutique hotel” to validate our expectations and balance it with our experiences. We do not believe this hotel is worthy of the status as a boutique hotel!
Our welcome greeting when arriving was impersonal and cold. We were then put in the wrong room and had to move to another room. The next room was of an appropriate size.
The bathroom was neat and stylish.
As we were unpacking somebody knocked on our door asking to remove their laundry from the wash tub in our room!
Porter service is nonexistent. We do not like the coffee maker in a hotel room and expected the hotel to have fresh coffee early morning. That was available from 07:00 and then it was only coffee and no tea. The coffee container with milk etc was placed on the check in counter for self help purposes. The cups were paper cups – in the boutique hotel!
There is no room service.
One night we wanted to order wine to our room only to be told their restaurant was closed at 21:00. A while later a person knocked on our door. The person carried three bottles of wine and asked me if I would like to select one! I have never encountered such behaviour in even the cheapest hotel I have stayed in my travels all over the world.
The on site restaurant serves good meals when it is open for business
Against our expectations, this hotel is a far cry from a boutique hotel I will not recommend it to any person as the rate is not in line with the quality of service. They offer no special services to qualify for a boutique hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Franzdorette

We always appreciate feedback. We are a small hotel in the small downtown of Jackson Hole, WY. As a smaller hotel we try to get to know all of our guest and meet all expectations. Coffee is available in all rooms and every morning at our front desk. Since Jackson has a lot to offer outside of our hotel, we offer a style of cup at the front desk that can be removed from the hotel or used on the go. We do have extra mugs for those who would like to use them outside of the hotel on request. Tea is also available at any time and I apologize that this was not offered to you.

Due to last minute request with room moves, housekeeping sometimes needs to tidy up and finish cleaning rooms to prepare them for arrival. I believe this was the case when you requested another room. I apologize for this inconvenience as we try very hard to have all rooms ready clean and ready for arrivals.

I also greatly apologize for our staff not to have offered to carry luggage as we do offer full bell services. We also offer a select menu for room service and have a 100 bottles of wine to choose from.

I wish you the best on all of your travels and hope to see you again soon!