Review Highlights
Multi day photo tour

We just finished a week long photo tour of the Tetons and Yellowstone arranged through Jackson Hole... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
fbryla
Houston, Texas
via mobile
What a way to spend a morning !

We had the most wonderful morning out with Jackson Hole Eco Tour Adventures. My son (14) and I are... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
pintsizepilot
Vancouver, Canada

Recommended experiences in and around Jackson
from $275.00
from $309.75
from $145.00
from $325.00
1,202 results
All reviews bison grand tetons mule deer french press coffee sunset tour guide laura delicious snacks full day tour jackson hole roof hatches spotting scope great tour trail mix grizzly bear black beans hot coffee granola bars
Reviewed October 26, 2017

We used Eco Tour Adventures when we were on vacation earlier this month. We were staying close to Jackson and took a small private tour of Yellowstone. There were four of us all together. We were picked up in a very nice SUV with the ability to open the roof. Our guide was Shawn and we told him we really wanted to see wildlife and he sure was able to make that happen. We saw wolves, coyotes, bison, pronghorn, moose, brown bears with their cubs eating in the trees and were about 30 yards from a grizzly bear (we were safely in the car but got great photos.) I know part of this was luck but it sure was fun. Shawn was very knowledgeable and accommodating. He came equipped with snacks, warm drinks, cold drinks, binoculars and a tripod.

One of the reasons we wanted a private tour was because we wanted to hit the highlights of Yellowstone and it is so vast, if you don't know where you are going, you can miss a lot. We were able to see all of the highlights and it was a spectacular experience. Being early October, weather was unpredictable and we watched Old Faithful erupt in the snow. Shawn also made sure we got out of there in time enough to avoid treacherous roads.

I highly recommend Eco Tour adventures.

Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I decided to spend a week in Jackson Hole to celebrate our 38th anniversary. It being our first time here, we wanted to learn as much as possible about the unique and engaging elements of Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Those two elements, wildlife and geological, were presented to us more than we expected by booking Eco Tour.

We learned so much about the fascinating natural points of Yellowstone Park on our full day trip there. And, even more so, we experienced amazing opportunities to see wildlife during our full day in the Grand Tetons. The two outings are different simply because the parks are different but each offers wonderful experiences for visitors.

We watched bears, pronghorn, bison, elk,mule deer and coyote in the Tetons. And we experienced the geysers, canyons and waterfalls at Yellowstone. Booking a guide is definitely the best move because of the benefits provided by having a professional host your day and teach you, as well as take you to see these things.

That being said, tour companies will most likely offer the same types of trips for you. And, while you can't guarantee animal sightings, these companies work hard to make your visit memorable.

However, certain companies just seem to create a better experience. In any industry, a short list of companies go far above expectations. ECO TOUR is, by far, one of the best we've ever seen. Primarily for two reasons: the culture created by the owner and how that culture is felt through the tour guides.

At ECO TOUR, I was immediately and consistently impressed with the equipment (the scopes, binoculars, the customized vehicle for the tour, everything). It is obvious this owner knows his particular profession and he spares no expense to provide those things that will make your day better than others in the business. From leather seating to state of the art field scopes, we found our day was well-spent, whether we were riding through the parks or viewing animals at close range. The owner of ECO TOUR invests in those things that made both days wonderful experiences.

But, even more importantly, the high caliber culture of the tour guide was excellent. Shaun was our guide for both days. He was so knowledgeable, friendly, accommodating and engaging. He is such a champion, not only for ECO TOUR but also for the natural and beautiful elements of these parks and the surrounding regions.

Shaun has such a respect for the animals and such a respect for the people who have paid to spend the day with him. He teaches in a manner that projects professionalism and makes it fun and enjoyable. And, while it's apparent that he is obviously that way naturally, the culture of ECO TOUR is "felt" as he interacts with you. We could not have asked for a better guide. He is a genuine, trustworthy guide.

He drove to those spots where we would have the best opportunity to see wildlife and, when we did, he set up the equipment to make sure we did. Rather than making us feel we were on his schedule, he went the extra mile to make this "our" day. While a visitor can often see animals, spending the day with people like him makes it worthwhile. He made my wife and I both feel fortunate to have booked with such a high quality company.

Any time you spend your money for a guide experience, you want to know that you've invested your time and money well. That's what we experienced at ECO TOUR. We will return and, when we do, we will book this company again as well as recommend them to those we know.

Reviewed October 17, 2017

After our wedding on 6 October 2017, my bride and I honeymooned in JH for a few days and took an Eco tour of the Grand Tetons on a lazy Sunday. Josh Metten was our tour guide and my wife and I were thoroughly impressed with his knowledge of conservation law and policy. Being from Washington D.C., we are particularly interested in legislation, and Josh was able to explain the policy effects of actions made in D.C. It turns out that I was developing a fever during the trip, and Josh had plenty of snacks, water and hot beverages to offer. He was polite, professional, attentive, and exceeded our expectations on all fronts. When my family returns to the area to tour Yellowstone, we will most definitely return to Eco Tour and hope that Josh is still on the team. He is an asset to the company for sure.
-Charlie & Yela Neely

Reviewed October 14, 2017

We went on the Sunrise Tour with Amanda and had a wonderful time. She was very knowledgeable about the area and the animals. We saw many animals that we would not have been able to see on our own as well as learned a lot about the geographical features and formations in the area. I highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

Loved this tour with guide Collin. He was very hospitable and knowledgeable. Took the time to answer everyone’s questions and had great snacks/drinks. We all saw many wildlife creatures. I highly recommend this company!