“Loved JHETA, Colin and Matt!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jackson Hole Eco Tour Adventures

Jackson Hole Eco Tour Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Jackson Hole Eco Tour Adventures offers a variety of wildlife viewing in the Jackson Hole, Grand Teton, and Yellowstone Ecosystems. Eco Tour Adventures was created with the idea of helping people connect with the natural world through wildlife observation and natural history interpretation. We believe that when one is more familiar with the intricate workings of the ecosystem, he or she has a deeper appreciation and connection with their environment. With this stronger bond we believe folks will make more environmentally sound choices in their day to day lives.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 attraction reviews
“Loved JHETA, Colin and Matt!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stop researching and reserve a tour with JHETA. We did 2 tours, and I was a bit hesitant to spend schedule so much time with one company. Turns out that concern was unfounded, and I can't recommend them more highly. Just for background, we were there on our 20th anniversary trip, are 41 and 42, healthy and active. JHETA are for all ages and agility levels.

Day 1/7 of our trip was spent with Colin touring Yellowstone. The enjoyment of our entire week was amplified immeasurably by our time with him. His knowledge was thorough, and he spent the entire day teaching us the geology, biology, and history of Yellowstone. He answered all our questions, spurred our interest, knew exactly where to be at various times of the day, and went out of his way to help us understand the complexity of the Yellowstone eco-system. It was the perfect way to start our vacation. Both coming and going, we saw wildlife, and Colin had lots to teach us about their behavior and the proper ways to observe.

Day 4/7 we spent with Matt in Grand Teton. We started the day with elk, moved right on to bison, and then to a pair of moose in the Gros Ventre Campground - he knew exactly where to take us. We saw large numbers of pronghorn as well. He enhanced what we had learned from Colin about the wildlife, the habitat, mating rituals, behavior, herds, parenting, diet, and how the geology affects the biology. He also spent time focusing on the geology of GT.

Both Colin and Matt were extremely professional, down to earth, kind, and encouraged us to ask questions. Their knowledge base is both wide and deep and we loved spending time with them. JHETA is the way to go!

St Simons Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Easily the Highlight of our Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

My wife, a friend and I took a half-day afternoon tour last Saturday, Sept. 29 w/ JHETA. We had Matt as our guide. We could not have asked for more, either in terms of a tour guide or the overall experience. Matt was the perfect combination of professional, courteous, knowledgable, down-to-earth, and fun. He took great care of us. And we needed it too, b/c we saw some SERIOUS NATURE. A young black bear, a herd of bison, some really big elk, a mama moose and her offpsring, pronghorns (sort of like antelope), and a lot of beavers. And, of course, Grand Teton Nat'l Park is just stunning. I was afraid my iphone might explode b/c of all the photos and video we took. For what it's worth, I've been an avid consumer of TA info for years and have often intended to post a review w/out ever following through. These guys are absolutely legit and, the next time we're in the area, this will be our top priority for sure. Thanks Matt!

Visited September 2012
Lake Forest IL
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Fantastic Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

My wife and I decided to take the full day tour of the Grand Tetons and it was the best day tour we've ever had. Colin was our guide and was a source of unlimited information and was able to answer our many not so bright questions. He was right on time and the vehicle was stocked full of drinks and local baked goods for the trip and included great binoculars and scopes to see the animals. Right off the bat we saw magnificent elk and from there we saw bison, bear, eagles, prong horn, moose, and coyote. Colin knew right where to go and where to stay so that the animals passed right in front of us even when they were far away to start. The lunch was great at Dornans restaurant. We would not have seen the variety of animals without Colin's and Eco Tours help. Colin also pointed us in the right direction as far as good hiking trails for later in our trip and suggestions for seeing the animals on different days. Whether with a family or just a couple, if you do one thing in the Tetons this is it.

Durham, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Tour Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I recently went on a photo tour of Yellowstone with Taylor. The whole experience was fantastic, and Taylor made it even better. His wildlife spotting skills are superb, and his overall knowledge about Yellowstone geology, animals, flora and the best places to go was amazing. The vehicle was clean and comfortable, but it was a little cramped (since every seat was full and we all had lots of photo gear). Taylor told us that he will be upgrading his fleet during the next few months, and he will soon have roomier vans.

If you really want to experience Yellowstone and the Tetons with an expert guide, I highly recommend Jackson Hole Eco Tour Adventures without reservation.

Murray, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eco Tours Grand Tetons & Yellowstone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Last year, my father, for his 80th birthday wished to visit the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Park so I began researching various tour operators. Once I spoke with Taylor at Eco Tours I was sold. I described what my Dad wanted to see and Taylor took it from there. He planned our three day adventure and took care of everything! We were picked up at 6:30am on the first day by our guide Colin and shortly thereafter we were seeing wildlife. Colin was so informative and so very helpful - I literally could not have done this trip with my parents without his help! My Dad and Mom both loved hearing all about the history of the parks, the wildlife, conservation, the geology - oh just everything! We saw wolves, bison, prong horn antelope, river otters, elk, moose and various birds. It was FANTASTIC! I cannot say enough great things about Taylor and Colin at Eco Tours!

Visited September 2012