“Float trip”

Barker-Ewing Whitewater
More attraction details
Owner description: It's the Coolest Thing You'll Do All Summer! We've set the standard for Whitewater Rafting and Scenic Float Trips in Jackson Hole, Wyoming since 1963. We deliver The Trip of a Lifetime! Our mission is simple: uncompromising safety and unsurpassed personal service. Leave rush hour behind as our seasoned and knowledgeable staff brings their best in offering you a refreshing pace in roomy boats. Whether whitewater rafting or scenic floating, we invite you to join us on the Snake River this summer!
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We all had a great time on the float trip on the Snake River. Our guide, David, certainly knew his stuff and both David and Ted worked hard to provide an excellent experience. The meal was delicious. Highly recommended.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,986)
All reviews
in 120 reviews
"lunch counter"
in 27 reviews

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I took this trip with my husband and two daughters, 10 and 12, and we had a great experience. It was a beautiful day and the water was not rough at all. (My husband has a bad back so the whitewater trip was out). Our guide (David) was very friendly and knowledgeable and pointed out several bald eagles and osprey along the way. Very scenic and peaceful but it was much shorter than I was expecting. It said three hours but that includes the bus ride to and from the river locations as well as lunch. Overall, we were probably only on the river for about 90 minutes, if that. I guess I was also expecting to be on the river in Teton National Park, however, we entered the river just south of the park and traveled further south. I would have liked to take a river tour past the Tetons in the park. Lunch was very good. I would recommend this trip but know which trip you are signing up for.

Barker-Ewing, Owner at Barker-Ewing Whitewater, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Pamhr,

I'm very glad that you enjoyed your trip. Thank you for the great review and for taking the time to provide us with some constructive comments. We very much appreciate feedback such as yours because it helps us strive to continuously improve upon how we distinguish the characteristics of our trips to our guests. Our website clearly states that our float trips are outside the southern boundary to Grand Teton National Park, and both our brochure and website refer to the approximate trip time as being round trip (door-to-door). Because time on river can vary widely throughout the season, based primarily on the speed of the water flow, we provide estimates and try to stress these finer points during the booking process. Given the occasion, we welcome the opportunity to host your next trip down the Snake River.

Heather Ewing

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was a last minute addition to our trip to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone, and It turned out to be one of the highlights. I was very nervous to raft with my 9 and 11 year old daughters, but It turned to be a very safe and fun experience. This is a very professionally managed company, from the moment we arrived at their office to the time we got off the bus we were treated with outstanding service. Our driver Dave was so sweet and kind; the cold water and granola bars given to us on the bus after the trip was a really nice touch. Our guide Tristan was awesome! He was vey knowledgeable, fun, and a true gentleman. He made all of us on the raft (my family of four and a family of three from France) feel very safe. This was such a pleasant experience that my daughters who are not very adventurous asked to go on more river rafting adventures.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

FUN, safe, thrilling, gorgeous, delicious, amazing and breathtaking. Plus Alex, our raft leader, is super knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor. Pick him!! Our group was pretty heterogeneous and still all of us had an amazing time. Plus we got to see bald eagles and osprey fishing! The only regret? Those 2 1/2 hours went by too fast.

Warning: The Snake River water is below 65ºF cold in the middle of the summer and you'll get wet, so spend those extra $10 and rent a wetsuit. It's the difference between feeling miserable and having the time of your life.