“Fantastic tour, great guide!”

Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris - Day Tours
Full-Day Yellowstone Wildlife Safari Tour From Jackson Hole
$765.00*
Sunrise or Sunset Private Wildlife Safari From Jackson Hole
More attraction details
Owner description: Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris is a guide owned and operated business that strives to educate, entertain and connect our guests with this amazing place. Our mission is to provide you with the highest quality wildlife safaris by combining our love for this area with a desire to share this passion with you. Our guides will lead your safari with years of experience and first hand knowledge that can only come from living and breathing Jackson Hole, Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. All safaris include transportation, an experienced guide,snacks, binoculars, spotting scopes, wildlife and natural history books and a custom souviner water bottle to keep. Full day Safaris also include a gourmet picnic lunch served in the field by your guide with homemade cookies for dessert. *park entrance fees and guide gratuity not included.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

While my wife and I in the Jackson Hole area recently, we saw a Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris SUV go by and thought it might be an interesting tour. Our hotel concierge called the company for us, but they were booked for the only day we could go on the tour. A few minutes later, the tour company owner called back and had made arrangements to set up a tour just for us. The next morning, our assigned guide, Kyle, picked us up, along with another person who had also called for a tour. After a tasty breakfast at a nearby deli, we headed into Grand Teton National Park, then on a loop through the central part of Yellowstone National Park. Kyle was very well versed on the scenery, geology, wildlife, and history of the area. He kept the conversation interesting, informative, and had a great sense of humor to go with it. The picnic lunch he set for us was very good, along with an excellent presentation - cloth table cloth, cloth napkins, silverware. An aspect that we appreciated was that Kyle had professionalism that went far beyond basic "tour guide" duties; he was a very safe driver and was concerned about our comfort.

We recommend this tour to visitors in the Jackson Hole area; the service was well worth the time and price.

There are newer reviews for Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris - Day Tours

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I were visiting Jackson Hole in late June and I had signed up for a tour with Jackson Hole Wildlife Safaris. Promptly at 6:30 Dave G picked me and we went and picked up the other passengers. The first thing we did was go a local deli for breakfast. Wonderful! We headed out after breakfast and Dave told us how Jackson Hole came to be. He took us to places that were not listed in any of the travel references. When we got to Mormon Row the Bison were close and easy to photograph. He was always telling us about the animals, flowers and geology of the area. Dave was in communication with the other tour guides and was able to get us quickly to animal sightings. He was able to answer all of our questions. The best part of the trip was we were not rushed. Anytime we wanted to stop he would.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family took a full day tour of Yellowstone and Grand Tetons with Kyle. The tour and the guide were both fantastic. Kyle was extremely knowledgeable, not only about the parks, animals, plants, and history of the area, but also about photography and current events. There was never a dull moment! He seemed to go out of his way to provide for our comfort and enjoyment. The breakfast, lunch and snacks were fresh and delightful. Having a guide that was so familiar with the area allowed us to get a great overview of the best stops in the park, making an efficient way to view the large area in one day. We are world travelers and this was one of THE MOST enjoyable days we have ever experienced!

1  Thank ESA1231
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I took a two day "Wolf and Grizzly" safari and tied to let Jason know in advance that I was interested in photography opportunities. The other couple on the trip were also interested in photography, and Jason made sure our guide was a photographer.
Mike Cavaroc, our guide, was great. He knows the geography/biology of the area well and spends a great deal of time out hiking/camping in the GYE. He showed us some great locations and helped us understand what we were seeing, while being very eager and willing to adjust the itinerary to our interests. The two days were filled with wonderful scenery, great wildlife sightings (grizzly, black bear, wolves, etc.), and very comfortable and informative conversation. He was also very happy to share photography tips.
All in all, it was a great experience. I'm familiar with northern Rockies terrain/wildlife (I grew up in the area) and was concerned that the trip would be a bore. It wasn't, and I learned quite a bit. Thumbs up!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I wish I could give 10 stars to our day with Mike as our guide. Worth every penny. To begin Jason the owner was a huge help when I inquired about the safari. He explained that our group of 6 adults with a pension for photography and wildlife would have a guide who knew both areas well in the Teton and Yellowstone parks. And Mike did for sure. He was so nice and just as interesting and knew where to take us - often off the beaten track to see the best. We never felt bored and we traveled in a comfortable van with lots of room.

We saw waterfalls, hot springs, Old Faithful ( can say we did it but not that amazing), rivers and aspen and amazing views, all sorts of wildlife including a mother bison leading her very young calf around a line of people all in awe. Didn't see a bear but those are the breaks as it was hot and they may have been deep in the woods. Mike tried as hard as he could and he did find a soaring eagle for us!

It was so nice that no one in our group had to drive and that in itself was worth the money. And the lunch - at a quiet picnic table next to a stream with cloth napkins, silverware, croissants, fresh salad and meats and giant cookies. JHWLS did not have to go to that trouble but it was a lovely touch.

All in all I cannot say more positive things about this excursion and the owner and most of all Mike the guide. Thank you!!!

Anne from NJ