“Breathtaking hotel, but didn't quite hit all the spots”
Review of Amangani

Amangani
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
New York City, New York
“Breathtaking hotel, but didn't quite hit all the spots”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Spent our final two nights in Jackson at the Aman. The location is extraordinary, and the rooms well presented with balcony access, but for the price you're paying I couldn't help noticing a few niggles. The bed was on the smallish side and low to the ground, so doesn't make the most of the incredible view. The food was good but not exceptional and it took a couple of attempts to work out exactly what was included in our half-board deal (it turns out everything on the menu, which is good). It was fine for a couple of nights, but it would be a shame to miss out on Jackson itself or have to spend lots of time traveling to the town if you were here longer. The staff were very professional, but having spent the first half of our trip at the Rusty Parrot I couldn't help feeling the service lacked some of the friendly charm. All in all a great hotel, but I'm not sure we'll be back for the price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SW15_22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
United States
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed at the Amangani for 5 days visiting Yellowstone, fly fishing, hiking and mountain biking. Everything from the food, to the service to the concierge were simply fabulous. We ate at the hotel's restuarant a couple of times and found the food to be excellent although the menu was a little limited. The spa and Pool were first rate and the staff could not have done more to help us.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank TravelGuy1991
Jackson Hole
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I attended a wedding reception for a polish "Reżyser" (Director) at this resort last week. The friendly staff made me feel at home and directed us to the reception. After getting our drinks from the friendly bartender, we went outside to join the party by the pool. The views are absolutely stunning! My wife, who is a "recognizable person" WAS recognized by many of the staff, but everyone was very appropriate and professional while also being approachable.

As servers circulated with various delightful goodies we watched as the Teton Raptor Center did a wonderful demonstration with their birds. Seeing a falcon swoop at high speed with the wonderful backdrop of the ranch in the valley below and the Teton Mountain range beyond was truly memorable.

The staff, setting and food made our visit absolutely wonderful!

Room Tip: The Sena home is wonderfully elegant and private, the suites on the N/W corner have the best views.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ShootInJH
miami
Reviewed April 25, 2014

This hotel takes service to another level. We have traveled extensively and you will not be able to find a resort that will outshine the Amangani. The attention to detail and the friendly and attentive staff is there at your service. It's one of the few places we have been that anticipate your needs. The food is great. The views of the Teton mountains are just spectacular. The spa is small but the area of the heated pool with the stunning view makes up for it. It's the place to get away from it all. Will definetly be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank J F
Wombarra
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This was the culmination of a long held dream. Over ten years ago I saw Amangani featured in a magazine, pulled the clipping and promised myself I would go there one day. That one day arrived in March 2014, and I held my breath hoping that a decade of anticipation would be worth it. I need not have worried - from the moment we were collected at the airport, offered warm towels, greeted at the door, I knew this stay would be special. And so it was. I have been fortunate in my life to have travelled widely and well for work and pleasure, and this was hands down the best experience I have ever had. The staff were incredibly helpful without being annoyingly in your face or obsequious (which I have often found in other places renowned for service levels - I end up just wanting them to go away!). Nothing at all was too much trouble, including packing up and shipping a heap of things to a future destination, lodging medical claim forms, having a doctor attend within an hour of a request being made - the list goes on! The food was superb - fresh, beautifully prepared, and just as happily served in our suite as in the restaurant (very helpful with a four year old tired after her daily ski exertions!). I had several treatments at the spa, again all wonderful and up there with the best I have experienced. I love the fact that they do not give you bills to sign at any point during the stay - just again adds to the relaxed feeling, and treats guests as grown-ups - if I order a service I am perfectly aware of the cost and I don't need to be constantly signing bits of paper to remind myself!!
A special word for the pool and spa - divine, divine, divine!! We spent literally hours in there over the course of the week - often in brilliant sunshine with snow covered mountains all around us - heaven! And particularly with glass of champagne in hand...:).
The ski room at the base of the slopes is also fantastic and again, nothing too much trouble. I didn't ski, so I also used the hotel's car service (fleet of BMW 4WDs) regularly to head into Jackson - cost not much more than a taxi but so much more pleasant, always available when needed and the drivers were all very professional and friendly.
Special word for the guest services team (especially Jim), who cannot do enough for you and have a very genuine dedication to their jobs and to making their guests' holidays incredibly special.
I will cease raving now - just go there - I will be back as soon as I can get there, and it has also inspired me to try other Aman resorts - though this will be hard to top!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank NYCphile
Ontario
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Nothing beats the Aman service and attention to detail. This was our first trip to Amangani and it exceeded all expectations. Food was fabulous and plentiful. Much better selection than other Aman resorts we have visited. Great location. Close to town and 30 minutues from the ski hill. Nice private lounge / cafe area at mountain.

Room Tip: Jackson has a very dry climate which was difficult for us. The resort puts humidifiers in the rooms...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Houston
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

As seasoned world travelers and patrons of some of the finest hotels in the world, we can honestly stay that our first Aman experience was quite simply the most relaxing, effortless and satisfying vacation that we have ever had.
The combination of the aesthetics , staff and level of service is second to none, will ensure we will return in the future .

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
#3 of 40 in Jackson
The Wort Hotel
The Wort Hotel
#11 of 40 in Jackson

Been to Amangani? Share your experiences!