“Amangani is stunning”
Review of Amangani

Amangani
Ranked #24 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed at amangani for 5 days, not knowing what to expect we were very impressed at the service and details that all the staff took note of. We have been to many high end resorts and the Aman is very impressive they make you feel at home and pampered . The amangani ski lounge is great if you choose to ski at Jackson hole. Although it is a exclusive resort we never felt any stuffiness and very comfortable immediately. We did the spa and the dogsled ding which the resort organized and it was totally worth it. The dogsledding was amazing. Amangani you exceeded our expectations and definitely we will visit again

Room Tip: We stayed in a corner unit beautiful suite 27
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed at Spring Creek Ranch which is walking distance to the Amangani - we enjoyed 2 dinners here and were thoroughly impressed with the food choices and the preparations styles Of everything we had! Elk, bison, fish, salads and an amazing array of ice creams/ sorbets ! Expensive - but what a treat and worth every dollar

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My wife and I could never ever imagine a hotel as perfect as the the Amangani. Upon arriving we were given a short tour of the hotel and its amenities and shown to our room. The hotel itself sits on a butte overlooking a valley below and the Tetons ahead. The view from our room was spectacular. The room itself was divided into two sections -- the bedroom and sitting area to the right and the bathroom and closets to the left. The bedroom and sitting area contained a gas-fired fireplace that we used each AM upon awakening. The bathroom area had heated floors. Because of the altitude and low temperatures a humidifier was provided as well as plenty of bottled water to drink during the day and night.

The hotel is very quiet and subdued. The staff attended to your every need; the Amangani grill, spa and gift shop were available upon request. The car valet service was included with the cost of the room; no tips needed to be given. The hotel is conveniently located to Jackson Hole, WY.

Both my wife and I were reluctant to leave. A note left with the concierge service when we parted thanked the hotel staff for providing us with both a memorable and sublime vacation experience

Jan and Len Kaplan

Room Tip: We think all the rooms have dramatic vistas.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Len K
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My family and I just enjoyed a fabulous stay at the Amangani in Jackson Hole. Traveling with four year old twins is not easy, especially when you want to pack in everything: skiing, wildlife, and "city" exploring, all while feeling both pampered and secluded in wilderness at the same time. The wonderful staff at Amangani really struck the balance of being available to serve all our whims, graciously accepting our energetic kids, yet making us feel like we were at home on the property. It's large enough to feature the amenities a sophisticated traveler would expect but intimate enough to feel special. If you want to feel like you are out in nature but not rough it at all, this is the place for you. Although slightly inconvenient from a skiing perspective, the shuttles and on-mountain ski lounge worked just fine for us as skiing was only part of our visit. For me a hotel experience is equal parts about the facility / location and the people / service. I've been just about everywhere and have really not seen both sides executed as well as at Amangani. We will be back.

Room Tip: stayed in the Teton Suite with wrap around views. Spectacular - but all the suites facing the teton...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jessica B
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Our family of 5 has been blessed to visit Amangani for several years. They are very welcoming and accommodating in every way! Our 3 children look very forward to this special trip each year after Christmas. We have skied many lovely places, but felt so "at home" after experiencing the intimate and beautiful surroundings of Amangani that we cannot imagine going else where! We enjoy seeing many of the same families from all over the world each year, as well as the lovely familiar faces of the delightful people(and one adorable German Shepard :) who go out of their way to make Amangani your home away from home. My children are counting down the days until our arrival! Thank you Amangani! The M Family

Room Tip: All of our rooms have had lovely views!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank EOPF
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Having stayed at many Aman properties, this was one of my first and still has a very special place in my heart. Luckily, I was upgraded at check-in. Despite having no reservation, I was quickly seated for dinner, and drinks and excellent preparations from the kitchen appeared before I could give a thought to how much time was passing. Our room was on the lower floor. The suite consisted of a separate powder bath and closet, large bath with floor to ceiling window views of the Tetons, warmed floors, and sitting area, outdoor sitting area, fireplace, and very comfortable bed with freshly pressed linens.

I was greeted by name throughout my visit. As part of the BMW Test Drive program, I was given an X6 and 7 Series BMW to peruse both Teton and Yellowstone National Parks. The gift shop was well stocked, and though I wanted to have a look around when it was not open, the manager quickly opened the facility for me to have a look around. A friend of mine, who is also an Aman Junkie, requested a T Shirt. Since this was my 5th Aman visit in less than 3 months, they manager had 3 Aman Junkie T Shirts delivered to my suite. Above and beyond.

The property itself is stunning. The outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi offer stunning views of the Snake River Valley below and magnificent views of the Tetons. I was not at all disappointed with my stay. The staff was exceptionally accommodating, knowledgeable about the area and property, and went out of their ways to be friendly, professional and helpful.

My Spa experience was fantastic also. I scheduled a treatment on moment's notice and was able to be accommodated.

Room Tip: Higher floored rooms on the North side of the hotel offer the finest views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank JToddWheeler
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The food in the restaurant is really bad. The faucets on the tub in my room didn't work, the hotel is in need of a facelift based on the prices they ask. I dined in the dining room one night. They didn't present a bill after dining which was terrible!. They said on there is no bill, you get it at check out. Then they had no record of my dining in the dining room at check out. Then they just billed my credit card after the fact with no approval from me. I was thinking well maybe they aren't going to charge me because we sent practically everything back except the salad. All the guest around the pool IN THE HOTEL... told me the food is awful but I was too tired to go into town which is 25 minutes away. The dining room was empty the entire time I was there so that should have been my first clue. They never sent me a bill, just billed my credit card for the dining. I am still disputing my credit card trying to find how how the dining bill was $561. I think it's the most expensive and worst hotel I have ever experienced. I was really disappointed as it was my first Aman resort.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
20  Thank Wendal22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
The Wort Hotel
#9 of 40 in Jackson
Huff House Inn and Cabins
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole

Been to Amangani? Share your experiences!