“Good service for the value”
Review of Flat Creek Inn

Flat Creek Inn
Ranked #16 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was very pleased with the price, the location and the friendliness of the manager and the receiptionist. The room was very spacious and clean. Most importantly the manager (Maureen?) was very nice and went out of her way to drive us to the Jackson Hole Airport at 5:30 a.m. ! We did appreciate it very much and will stay there again in the future when the opportuity arises.
Widdy

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Widdy H

Reviewed August 15, 2013

It was our family's first time to go to Jackson Wyoming. Been looking for a place to stay but most of the hotels/inns were fully booked aside from the fact that most are expensive. I chanced upon Flat Creek Inn through TripAdvisor and there were only a few reviews. I took my chance and I wasn't disappointed. We reserved the room with 2 queen sized bed with kitchenette, pots and pans were provided, and with regular sized refrigerator. This was perfect for a family with 5 members, 3 adults and 2 teens. It was also the perfect location because it only takes 4-5 mins to go to the town square. It's also only 30-45 mins drive to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National parks. The room was big, comfortable beds, not so with the pillows though, but it's fine. More importantly, there's a mini-mart and gasoline is sold in the same area. The inn has a nice view of the mountains. And even if it is located near the highway, we still had a good night sleep. The lady who helped us with the check in was super nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sherdela
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The first motel that you hit coming into Jackson from Teton. not 5star by any means but if you just need a bed for the night and don't want to spend $300 this is not a bad place to stay. Bed was comfortable, wifi was fast. closest restaurant is in town. There is a coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave in the room. Walls are paper thin and the water pressure ain't great but I've stayed in worse places. It's across from the Elk Refuge and on the main highway.

Room Tip: Get a king room upstairs
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sailmedic
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed here one night and when we complained that our door would not lock and that our windows also would not lock or even stay shut, the answer was unbelievable. He asked if we had reservations! We said what does that have to do with it. He said you know, I can refund your money and you can go somewhere else. Well it was 10:00 at night and we had an early morning. I asked if he was the owner and he at first said yes, then through more inquiry, he backed off and said he was part owner then not an owner at all. He said the owners never come down here. I said do you you think we got what we paid for, to which he replied, well there are nicer more expensive places down the road. Again a total avoidance of the issue. He would not even look at the problem which would have taken him all of 40 feet to walk to. He might as well have said " you know, we know people don't come back here and we fill up with last minute travelers like yourself so we don't have to care about our "guests". I wonder how people like him stay employed!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mikeorth
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I had read that the Flat Creek Inn was under new management and was improving. It was horrible. The room itself didn't look horrible but it smelled terrible. I complained and was told that they couldn't do anything about it. By about 2 AM I figured out what exactly the smell was, it was cat urine. I was trying to sleep in a litter box. Outside the room there was a horrible smell that almost smelled like leaking propane. When I checked out in the morning and told the clerk about the horrible smell again she explained that we were given a pet room. I told her we didn't want a pet room and would have preferred something without odors. I told her that the "great value" wasn't so great if the room made you sick and you don't get any sleep. So they lost my business. I'll pay more to a clean room next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eric V
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We read good reviews on this motel before we booked but were disappointed upon arrival. There is construction equipment all over the front, so maybe the parking lot is being redone. It needed some renewal, as did the rooms. Some new carpet, paint would help but a leaky toilet didn't help me feel good about the place.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
korinne n, Owner at Flat Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

There was an ownership change less than a year ago.
The needed construction project has been completed and new improvements are happening all the time. Hope you come back soon and check them out.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This place is older and could use some fix-up ice machine not working, no hot water one morning of our stay I guess a boiler went down.Room was clean bed not to bad,its easy to get to the Park you don't have to drive thru town or find parking.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple