“Rusty Parrot”

Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed September 3, 2007

Rusty Parrot is clean, has some charm, food was good ,the bed very comfortable; but I think the service is lacking. There was just an air of "there it is, get it yourself" when in the restaurant. If you had never been there, the obvious protocol was NOT obvious. No food room service. The servers were indifferent to assisting us each time we went to eat there. I felt as though no one was minding the store...or overseeing the quality of service. So it was nice but not that great as far as I am concerned.A bit of a disappointment after reading some of the reviews.Front desk gave us detailed information drawn on a map on how to go to a certain location of a wedding only to find out he was about 20 miles off and we almost missed the wedding due to his directions that he drew on the map.

Stayed: August 2007
3  Thank customer1952

Reviewed August 23, 2007

This inn had such a high rating when I researched it, I guess I was expecting a bit more. The room was just fine but nothing fancy. A regular-sized hotel room with a small window, small bath.

The nicest part of this inn is a cozy living room area as well as a library area that are nice for curling up with a book, something I was not able to do with 3 young, active children! The inn serves lemonade, cookes, tea, etc all day in the living room which is a very nice touch. The breakfast is included in the room and was just lovely.

I felt like the atmosphere was very refined and serene and didn't feel comfortable with my little kids there. Not that anyone made me feel uncomfortable, I just felt like there were a lot of adults wanting to relax and I really didn't want to disturb them.

The concierges are helpful with booking activities, and the location across from Jackson Square was fantastic as there was a lovely art show going on at the time.

I understand that some of the rooms have fireplaces, so perhaps they are a bit more special, but considering we paid about $450 for a basic room, I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay more for a fireplace room!

The inn had a small jacuzzi on a deck outside the libary area which was nice. No gym. There is a spa that is supposed to be nice, but it looked just like one or two rooms to me. Didn't get a chance to try it.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank pamom12
Reviewed August 16, 2007

We stayed at the Rusty Parrot for 5 nights this August. They greeted us by name the moment we stepped out of the taxi. The front desk help were all VERY friendly and helpful. They made all of dinner reservations for us and were knowledgeable about events and happenings in the area. They would have reserved guides and activities for us as well, but we chose to book privately with our own guide. Greg Falk of Upstream Angelers was the best, he took us fly fishing, to Grand Teton and to Yellowstone in his SUV. I can't imagine a better private guide for the area. The breakfasts were cooked to order and fabulous. Our room was very pleasant and clean. The bed and pillows were really comfortable and the linens were fresh and clean. The location was great, just a few blocks walk into the center of town. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed August 15, 2007

The Rusty Parrot is definitely a luxury place to stay. The beds and bedding are out of a dream. The complimentary breakfast is one you could expect to pay $40+ for anywhere else. The afternoon cookies are served warm and fresh. The staff is highly trained and top notch. This was our third stay and each time we've treated ourselves to a massage at the Sage spa, which is heavenly. When we think of a trip out west, there is nowhere else we'd rather stay. If you are looking for a romantic place, this is it. If you are looking for the highest quality and comfort, this is it. You can easily walk through town from here. Yellowstone is just over an hour away. You might as well plan on a repeat stay if you are coming for the first time. It's the best in the west hands down!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ShowMeTheMountains
Reviewed August 13, 2007

We just returned from a 12 day vacation driving by motorcycle from Lead, SD to Jackson Hole, WY. We did the bike week and decided to further out on our adventure.

We did not have any reservations and came upon the Rusty Parrot. I had searched this resort at home from the beginning and hoped to have stayed here. Well, we sure did. It was very, very quaint and pretty. We did pay $385.00 for the night and had the lower lever room #106. The only thing my boyfriend did not like because of the price, is that we had a basement sort of room with a bumper of a car for our scenery! For me, I loved the bathroom and we both loved the jacuzzi on the deck while drinking martini's!!!

The breakfast was to die for!!! I would definitely go back next yr. Really, nice place and good service!!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ISLANDS722
Reviewed June 2, 2007

My family and I stayed overnight at the Rusty Parrot on the drive back from Yellowstone to the Salt Lake City airport. Travel + Leisure's World's Best Survey rated the property #1 in North America, so we obviously had high expectations. Our room was somewhat bland, but the high quality of the items and attention to detail showed. The outdoor hot tub with views of Jackson was a nice amenity. The lodge's complimentary breakfast was excellent, as well as the afternoon snacks in the lobby. The best aspect of the hotel was the service. The bellhop gave us a tour of the room and offered to get our ice; also, the staff addressed everyone by their first name. The concierge provided us with a map and directions back to Salt Lake City. Although a very well-run hotel, this certainly isn't the best in the country. Because of the $500 high season rate we paid, the experience was somewhat disappointing. Seeing that the Parrot was rated #1 in 2005, I was astonished that the lodge didn't even score in the Top 100 the following year.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank howard11
Reviewed May 8, 2007

My wife and I stayed for four nights, 5/1-5/4/07. It is a perfect place to be pampered. The rooms were great, and the whirpool in the room, not the bathroom, was great for us. Mary Jane at the front desk, was great host. She gave us ideas on what to do and see, especially the Wildlife Tour. That was really neat, we saw many animals.
The food was excellent. The breakfast are included in the price of the room. You go down at YOUR leisure!! We ate dinner twice, and loved it. I had the Elk, and it was better than beef, and really tender. My wife was really impressed, so we will be going back in the near future. I cannot say enough good things about this place, except to say I wish all the hotels would treat you as good as they do.
Thanks from Virginia, Greg & Sandy Woodworth

• Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank Gregory W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Hotel Jackson
Hotel Jackson
#3 of 40 in Jackson
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort

Been to Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa? Share your experiences!