“Lovely property close to downtown” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Jackson
memphis, tn
“Lovely property close to downtown”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our family has been coming to the Rusty Parrot for years. It is a lovely little boutique hotel. The amenities are great and the bed felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. The maid service places little teddy bears in different positions in the room every day. My kids were delighted to come in and find them every day. When I mentioned this to the concierge, she immediately grabbed two bears from her desk and presented them to my kids as a gift. That is the kind of extra mile I appreciate as a guest. The locals say they have the best spa in town but I wasn't able to try it this time. The only negative I have is that the bartender was consistently very rude. Otherwise, this place is a gem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank popartpooch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place. Staff was amazing. So comfortable just to relax. So close to town but real quiet. Wonderful amenities. Filtered and sparkling water brought to your room immediately on request. Also great July 4th fireworks view.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank IJeffC
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

One of the most frustrating things about traveling as a couple is having only one luggage rack in a hotel room. Where is the second suitcase supposed to go?? Even luxury hotels are spotty in providing this basic necessity. The Rusty Parrot has it figured out, along with providing cookies refreshing drinks all day long. The best was our fireplace butler: we'd been told at check-in that someone would come and light the fireplace upon request. We returned to the hotel that evening in a driving rain. It was late at night and with trepidation I called the reception to see if we could have the fire lit, fully anticipating being told that the staff had gone home. But no, a cheerful young man came right up to make us cozy. The Rusty Parrot gets five stars for its thoughtfulness!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Location was great and Sandy jumped right in and helped us plan our week and made all reservations. All reviews are accurate with 5 star accommodations. Pictures do not do this justice. They have gone above and beyond to make sure your stay is memorable. Thank you to everyone at the Rusty Parrot. Thank you for giving our Granddaughter Ella and Mady a vacation they won't soon forget!

• Stayed June 2013
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Exceptionnal welcome at the front desktop. We felt like they we're waiting for us. Right from the start, we knew a lot about the city. Large room, perfectly equiped. 2 blocks from the main street, it's very quiet during the night. Flawless cleanliness with daily charming surprises in the room from the staff. The hotel's restaurant, the jewel box size "Wild Sage" is one of the best in town. Breakfasts are unbelievable. If you're looking for personnalized service and great food that's the place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I found the Rusty Parrot on the terrific website, slh.com (Small Luxury Hotels of the World). The Lodge is located within a short walk to downtown Jackson. My room was a suite, which was huge and had two woodburning fireplaces and a separate sitting room. They pay a lot of attention to details, leaving fruit in my room, and stocking a water pitcher with delicious ginger-infused water. I got an utterly wonderful massage in their newly opened spa. The restaurant has excellent food as well. I would say the only downside is the cost of rooms, which is quite high, but the place is worth a splurge if you can. There's no fitness center, but Jackson Hole Health & Fitness is a great little gym just a few miles away and costs $10 for drop-ins.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I booked this hotel back in January after a particularly disappointing trip to Maui in Dec 2012 and spent a great deal of time researching hotels and the area. The reviews on TripAdvisor were accurate in this case. Upon arriving, the receptionist, Chandler greeted us by name and quickly checked us in. He offered to give us an extended primer on the area after we had settled into the room. Upon entering the room, I noticed that the room was clean (which is big with me), well appointed with traditional and modern conveniences. The decoration was Western-styled (traditional) yet contained modern conveniences for e.g. separate Iphone 5 charger which is big considering IPhone 5's don't use any other IPhone charger (first world problem). The bathroom was also very clean with L'occitane toiletries.

We returned to the front desk and received a pretty thorough primer on the better restaurants in the area as well as local attractions. It was actually really necessary as there are so many choices and because of the higher prices you want to make the best choice.
Differences between this hotel and a comparably-priced 5 star hotel:
1) Attitude: We were treated by staff like locals; smiles were ever-present and the approach was always-accomodating.
2) Going above and beyond: I brought back a doggie bag from one of the local restaurants and the front desk took my doggie back; stored it in their fridge, re-heated it for me the next day and served it room-service style in our room. Really?????? Kind of fantastic.

Advice: On hindsight, I might have ordered a room with a balcony instead of the jacuzzi tub so that I could have done some reading on the patio/balcony. My husband enjoyed the jacuzzi tub thoroughly but I couldn't because of my pregnancy; nothing against the jacuzzi tub but I really underestimated the value of a patio/balcony to enjoy the clean mountain air

Net Net: This is a great option for someone looking for a luxurious, yet intimate respite away from it all.

Room Tip: Balcony/Patio would be nice