I booked this hotel back in January after a particularly disappointing trip to Maui in Dec 2012 and spent a great deal of time researching hotels and the area. The reviews on TripAdvisor were accurate in this case. Upon arriving, the receptionist, Chandler greeted us by name and quickly checked us in. He offered to give us an extended primer on the area after we had settled into the room. Upon entering the room, I noticed that the room was clean (which is big with me), well appointed with traditional and modern conveniences. The decoration was Western-styled (traditional) yet contained modern conveniences for e.g. separate Iphone 5 charger which is big considering IPhone 5's don't use any other IPhone charger (first world problem). The bathroom was also very clean with L'occitane toiletries.
We returned to the front desk and received a pretty thorough primer on the better restaurants in the area as well as local attractions. It was actually really necessary as there are so many choices and because of the higher prices you want to make the best choice.
Differences between this hotel and a comparably-priced 5 star hotel:
1) Attitude: We were treated by staff like locals; smiles were ever-present and the approach was always-accomodating.
2) Going above and beyond: I brought back a doggie bag from one of the local restaurants and the front desk took my doggie back; stored it in their fridge, re-heated it for me the next day and served it room-service style in our room. Really?????? Kind of fantastic.
Advice: On hindsight, I might have ordered a room with a balcony instead of the jacuzzi tub so that I could have done some reading on the patio/balcony. My husband enjoyed the jacuzzi tub thoroughly but I couldn't because of my pregnancy; nothing against the jacuzzi tub but I really underestimated the value of a patio/balcony to enjoy the clean mountain air
Net Net: This is a great option for someone looking for a luxurious, yet intimate respite away from it all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The standard of the lodge industry, it is located in downtown Jackson, a stroll from all the touristy, but feels almost like country living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rusty Parrot Hotel Jackson
- Rusty Parrot Jackson
- Rusty Parrot Lodge And Spa Jackson Hole, WY