“Comfortable Stay”

Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Claremont, CA
“Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and I along with my brother and sister-in-law stayed 3 nights recently. The location was not ideal as it is a ways from old town, but there is a free shuttle bus that runs every 30 minutes or so. The property was very nice and although somewhat pricey was in line with surrounding hotels of the same quality. The rooms were very nice, and the beds as comfortable as I have slept in. There is a restaurant that serves breakfast with very good food, but it is not inexpensive. Breakfast each morning was about $35 with the tip. The staff was very friendly so the stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Korean first
Mansfield, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Pictures of this hotel do not do it justice. The decor is western motif and very well done. We had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay at The Wyoming Inn. The desk staff was very helpful. The hotel is easy access to all there is to see and do around Jackson Hole. Laundry facilities are on site and soap/fabric softener is provided free of charge. My only complaint would be that the restaurant, while nice, had limited hours and a limited menu. And if I am remembering correctly there were no substitutions. Prices were high in relation to serving size, although quality was very good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Location is not the greatest as it is stuck in between strip shopping mall and a car dealer but once you walk in the decor is very nice. The room was a good size and very clean, some rooms had a fireplace at an additional charge. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jerry K
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We have stayed at the Wyoming inn many times and find it to be very nice and comfortable. The staff is always helpful and go the extra mile to accommodate us. The rooms are always clean and the beds comfortable

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed two nights at the Wyoming Inn on vacation. The room was very nice and clean, the bed was comfortable, and the shower was great. The hotel is about a 5 or 10 minute ride from downtown, where most if the shops and restaurants are located. There is a free bus that stops nearby and an excellent cab company in town, but it would be nice if the hotel offered a free shuttle. The customer service was okay, but not as good as I expected for the price. I'm not sure how long the hotel had been open, it seemed as though not all the kinks were worked out. When we arrived we had to wait in the lobby for about fifteen minutes because there was some confusion as to whether there was an available room (we had reservations). When I called the front desk to get a cab, they gave me a number for the company instead of making the call for me. Both minor things, but I think they could have been handled better. Overall, it's a nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014
surrey, british columbia
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I spent the evening of June 29, 2014 in a king room at the Wyoming Inn. Cost was $249.99 plus $30.80 in taxes and fees (I booked the room on the Wyoming Inn's website approximately two weeks prior, and a deposit of $249.99 was taken at that time on my credit card. An additional $30.80 was charged to my credit card at the time I checked in on June 29). I arrived at the Wyoming Inn at approximately 2 PM on Sunday afternoon, and was informed by the front desk clerk that my room was not yet ready. I asked if I could still check in and then just pick up my room key later, but I was informed that I could not check in, as their computer system did not allow for an early check in unless the physical room was actually available. They did offer to store my luggage and they asked me to come back after 4 PM. I returned at approximately 4:30 PM and checked in without issue. I was assigned room 315 and informed that there was free laundry available on the second floor for use of hotel guests (something that I thought would be a nice perk).

The overall appearance of the Wyoming Inn was clean and neat, as was my room 315. The lobby was especially well done. The small, single elevator to the upper floors was slow, and by coincidence, every time I used the elevator, there was a hotel employee (with some kind of cart) either already in or just exiting the elevator. Not very efficient and a nuisance for hotel guests.

Approximately 10 minutes after checking in, I decided to do some laundry (as I was one-week into a two-week trip), but I found that there was only a single clothes washing machine and a single clothes drying machine, and not only were they both already in operation, but there was another couple already waiting to use them. Thus, the advertised free laundry was useless and I did not get to do my laundry. For a hotel the size of the Wyoming Inn, there really should be at least 3 or 4 clothes washing and clothes drying machines.

Pros:

1. Well kept and clean modern property.

2. Firm, but comfortable, king-size bed.

3. Breakfast, for an additional cost, available right on the property.

Cons:

1. Very expensive for a basic room.

2. The Wyoming Inn is located a long way away from the historic downtown area of Jackson, Wyoming, and the Wyoming Inn does not operate a free shuttle service (note: there is a bus service that the city of Jackson operates, that does pick up half a block away from the Wyoming Inn. Upon check in, you will be given a copy of the bus schedule and instructions on where to catch the bus).

3. My guestroom was not well sound insulated, and I could hear people in the hallway and adjoining room.

4. Very basic washroom, which included a waterflow controlled shower, and poor quality towels.

5. The advertised free laundry was disappointing, with only a single clothes washing machine and a single clothes drying machine for the entire hotel. Since the laundry operates on a first-come, first served, basis (by luck of the draw), most hotel guests will not be able to do their laundry at the Wyoming Inn.

Conclusion:

Overall, I was not impressed with the Wyoming Inn. While I would not discourage people from staying at the Wyoming Inn, I must point out that for the price point, you're not going to get good value for your money. On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is terrible and 10 is excellent, I would rate the Wyoming Inn as a 7.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

4 Thank David P
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel three times and have never been disappointed! It is a beautiful, comfortable, upscale facility at a reasonable price! I hope they continue to maintain this price point! Looking forward to an increased offering in their restaurant!

• Stayed June 2014