This was my second visit to the Wyoming Inn and the first since their extensive remodel and I must say the visit exceeded my expectations. The guest rooms and bathrooms have been beautifully updated with granite, beveled glass, artwork and wood that very much gives a visitor the feeling expected in Jackson Hole. What has not changed is the previously wonderful staff, beautiful lobby and the willingness of everyone to make your stay the very best. We had a standard queen room with two beds and it had all the amenities (large flat screen TV, Keurig coffee maker, frig, microwave, etc.) and plenty of room even for an 18-year old who stores everything on the floor.
I also like the Wyoming Inn for its great location. It is not in downtown Jackson Hole proper (Jackson Square) but a mile west on Broadway (the main drag). You do not need a car (the staff will pick you up at the airport) and the Wyoming Inn runs a free shuttle to the Jackson Hole Ski Resort and for everything else, my son and I were able to walk or take the free city bus. What is really nice is that Jackson Hole Snowmobile Tours (307-733-6850) is directly across the street for the absolutely must do snowmobile tour from the south gate of Yellowstone to Ole Faithful. Additionally, if you want to ski Grand Targhee, about an hour away in Driggs, Idaho, the Targhee Express (307-734-9754) picks up right across Scott Street at the Wyoming Lodge. Finally, the free city bus picks up on Scott Street (a 20-second walk out the hotel back door) conveniently picks up at 22 and 55 past the hour which makes 7:00 or 7:30 reservations downtown very easy. We loved the Blue Lion, The Snake River Grille and Local. The Snake River Grille is the top restaurant in town and if you want to dine on a weekend during ski season, you need to make a reservation by Thursday.
The only negative is that the excellent free breakfast and chocolate chip cookies at the Wyoming Inn are no longer offered. There is a very convenient sit down, menu service breakfast (excellent oatmeal $9) that works well before you head out for the day. If you do the snowmobile tour, they feed you breakfast and lunch as part of the tour.
All-in-all an outstanding experience. I would definitely stay at the Wyoming Inn again. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As our guests we invite you to experience western elegance & luxury awaiting your arrival at the Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole. Make yourself at home in our Grand Western Lobby with a wood burning fireplace and wild life art by award winning artist Thomas Mangelsen. Our guest rooms are beautifully appointed with western furnishings, flat screen TV’s, glass enclosed showers, granite counter tops, and cozy sitting areas. You’ll sleep peacefully on our Simmons pillow top mattresses dressed in lavish linens. Keuring coffee brewing systems along with a refrigerator and microwave provide additional comforts of home.Experience healthy and organic selections each morning in our Breakfast Restaurant with a menu created for your active lifestyle. Our Chef prepares daily breakfast specials that are certain to start your day perfectly. We are centrally located offering you convenient access to Jackson Hole activities that are sure to be on your agenda! Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, and Jackson Hole Mountain Ski Resort are easily accessible. The Wyoming Inn is perfectly located for skiing, snowmobiling, wildlife viewing, hiking, fishing, rafting, and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyoming Inn Of Jackson Hole Hotel Jackson
- Wyoming Hotel Jackson Hole
- Wyoming Hole Jackson
- Wyoming Inn Of Jackson Hole WY