Jackson in August is overpriced and overcrowded. It was still a lot of fun. This hotel-almost-motor-inn is a strange cross between a Courtyard by Marriott and a tourist motor inn. Yet when they redid the place, they spared little expense, right down to quality cabinetry and hardware. The lobby is nice but under utilized.
We did the King mini-suite with fireplace and it was worth the difference in price. It seems expensive until you compare it with other places in the same area and quality level; then it's a heck of a deal.
We were comfortable here and I would stay longer. I DON'T, however, recommend breakfast. The server wasn't terribly helpful and just shy of surly. If it was included in the price, I'd be fine with it. But it was pricey, not included and not accommodating. The second day, we didn't even consider it, although it would have been convenient.
But the room, the front desk and the rest of the experience was very good. Here's what keeps it from being excellent:
- It just feels like it should have a pool. Yes, there's a good fitness room, but that's not a substitute when you are on vacation. It isn't a business hotel, but it acts like a (Courtyard/Hilton Garden Inn level) business hotel.
- The beautiful shower has a totally inappropriate shower head. It would be so quick and inexpensive to fix this!! They really need to do it, especially in the mini-suites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As our guests we invite you to experience western elegance & luxury awaiting your arrival at the Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole. Make yourself at home in our Grand Western Lobby with a wood burning fireplace and wild life art by award winning artist Thomas Mangelsen. Our guest rooms are beautifully appointed with western furnishings, flat screen TV’s, glass enclosed showers, granite counter tops, and cozy sitting areas. You’ll sleep peacefully on our Simmons pillow top mattresses dressed in lavish linens. Keuring coffee brewing systems along with a refrigerator and microwave provide additional comforts of home.Experience healthy and organic selections each morning in our Breakfast Restaurant with a menu created for your active lifestyle. Our Chef prepares daily breakfast specials that are certain to start your day perfectly. We are centrally located offering you convenient access to Jackson Hole activities that are sure to be on your agenda! Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, and Jackson Hole Mountain Ski Resort are easily accessible. The Wyoming Inn is perfectly located for skiing, snowmobiling, wildlife viewing, hiking, fishing, rafting, and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyoming Inn Of Jackson Hole Hotel Jackson
- Wyoming Hotel Jackson Hole
- Wyoming Hole Jackson
- Wyoming Inn Of Jackson Hole WY