Normally I rent a condo in Jackson but this was a short three day weekend and I wanted to stay near to town. Overall a nice, comfortable hotel but with limited extras.Off peak I paid $109 with taxes and fees and felt it was a good deal at that price, If the price was over $200 I would wonder why I didn't get a condo.
From the outside:
A well landscaped lot with a U shaped free parking lot and attractive lobby entrance sandwiched between a car dealer and a strip mall. Some industrial type businesses in the back, my room looked out, through some aspens, to an auto detail shop.
Nice lobby with real wood fire, leather couches and vaulted ceiling. Attractive uniformed staff, professional greeting. Modified "restaurant" from previous self serve breakfast area currently only serving breakfast (off season) $6-18 dollars with a limited menu.
Standard size (Hampton or Holiday Inn express size) with wood bed frames and euro style furnishings. Second sink outside shower area, small tube tv in a dresser cabinet (1990's style) Nice pillow top mattress but not overstuffed or marsh-mellow soft like a B&B. Thick sheets (smell of Clorox), wool blanket and very heavy comforter on top. (most my group found it hard not to get too hot but some liked it. I used the sheet only, some the comforter only.) Overall comfortable, clean with a moose/bear motif, clean with a large shower, no bath in standard rooms. No adjoining rooms. I understand the TV's may be changed out soon.
Nice gym with aerobic and weight machines, available computer and printer on second floor, free laundry available. Coffee maker in room. Shuttle to downtown and airport. That is about it.
Well, for anyone from Europe or use to hiking, walking downtown to the Square isn't a big problem but it is about a mile one way, additionally bad weather and Jackson's aversion to street lights, plus crazy traffic make the walk somewhat adventuresome. Thankfully there are several eateries and pubs close by, a Whole Foods grocery right next door with a bakery, sandwiches and coffee/juice bar next door, also short walk to Albertson's (chain grocery) MCDonalds, Pizza hut.
Its a very nice room and if the price was right I would stay again however that is all you get. It's not a Hampton/Holiday Inn so no pool, sauna, fridge in room, microwave, video games entertainment from a small tv with basic cable only. Also no included breakfast, which is why I can't recommend it for kids, who need late snacks, lunches packed for a day out and activity areas to get their wiggles out.
It's also not a resort or high end hotel, there is no valet, bell man, golf, ski area, fire pit, bar, room service news paper, or even on site dining.really The "restaurant" does not even advertise outside the hotel. I did try the breakfast, the quality and service were good, portion size was ok but not large, priced a bit high as you can get the same thing at Bubbas for half price. If you are only looking for a nice room and are happy with the price, book it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As our guests we invite you to experience western elegance & luxury awaiting your arrival at the Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole. Make yourself at home in our Grand Western Lobby with a wood burning fireplace and wild life art by award winning artist Thomas Mangelsen. Our guest rooms are beautifully appointed with western furnishings, flat screen TV’s, glass enclosed showers, granite counter tops, and cozy sitting areas. You’ll sleep peacefully on our Simmons pillow top mattresses dressed in lavish linens. Keuring coffee brewing systems along with a refrigerator and microwave provide additional comforts of home.Experience healthy and organic selections each morning in our Breakfast Restaurant with a menu created for your active lifestyle. Our Chef prepares daily breakfast specials that are certain to start your day perfectly. We are centrally located offering you convenient access to Jackson Hole activities that are sure to be on your agenda! Grand Teton National Park, Yellowstone National Park, and Jackson Hole Mountain Ski Resort are easily accessible. The Wyoming Inn is perfectly located for skiing, snowmobiling, wildlife viewing, hiking, fishing, rafting, and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotwire, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyoming Inn Of Jackson Hole Hotel Jackson
- Wyoming Hotel Jackson Hole
- Wyoming Hole Jackson
- Wyoming Inn Of Jackson Hole WY