“great bagels”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were having a party and order 3 dozens bagels with 6 tubs of cream cheese. When we arrived to pick up our order the food was ready, warm and delicious. This is a very popular spot in the mornings but we were impressed with the quality of the food and the efficiency of the pick up process.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We walked here from our motel a couple of morning; the bagels are fresh and very good. Pricey for cream-cheese so if you want that, buy some at Albertson's.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

A great way to start the day with the wonderful bagels and excellent coffee. Convenient location close to the hotel.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I politely ordered a bagel toasted with cream cheese. "We don't toast them here" would have been a sufficient answer. But no. The snotty little twerp at the counter has to launch into a condescending diatribe informing me that “Bagels are originally from New York and we do them just like they do them in New York, and they DO NOT toast them there. We boil them, and bake them, and that is how they are done. The original way, like in New York. Blah, blah, blah, ad nauseum.”

Well Missy, FYI, Bagels are originally from POLAND.

What IS originally from NY? Oh, that would be ME. Would you like to see the metro card in my wallet? Or the copy of Time Out NY that I have in my backpack? The one right next to my New York Magazine (that were delivered to my apartment which I read on the plane ride out?).

I honestly have never gotten so much attitude, EVEN IN NEW YORK. And you know what I DO get in New York? Toasted bagels.

So missy, you can keep your snotty attitude. And, by the way, you don’t know what a “schmear” is either, but that is not a surprise.

So, for snotty service I would not (and did not) return to this place. The bagels from the local Albertsons were just about the same. Except cheaper. And without attitude.

3  Thank DesignCat
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I ate breakfast at Pearl Street Bagels in September. Although the bagels were not toasted, they had a crusty exterior that leads you to believe they may actually be toasted. There is a good variety of bagels, as well as cream cheese. Their bagel sandwiches are piled high and made to order. It was a treat to pick up a fast meal to go, coupled with a delicious latte.