“Rafting with Brad”

Lewis & Clark River Expeditions
More attraction details
Owner description: Lewis & Clark Expeditions is a family-owned and operated rafting company in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Lewis & Clark originated U-Paddle Whitewater Adventures on the Snake River in 1971. Both whitewater and calm scenic float trips are offered on the Snake River with friendly, experienced guides. Choose Classic Whitewater or the added adventure of the Snake's smallest rafts. Bargain breakfast trips, steak dinner cookouts and delicious deli lunches. Half-day trips with multiple departures daily.
“Rafting with Brad”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Went on an off day from work and the trip was great. River was beautiful an rapids were huge!! Our guide was really knowledgable about the entire river! I was go again in a heartbeat

Visited June 2014

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Happy local!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I live in Jackson year round. Recently I havd the opportunity to raft with Lewis and Clark and I was thrilled with the experience, and yes its hard to impress locals. The young man, Corey, in the office was fantastic with getting me on a raft with my friends. The driver, Phil, was helpful inspite of some mechanical difficulty. And our raft guide Joe was humorous, talented and obviously very passionate about what he did for a living. I certainly plan to raft with Lewis & Clark again.

Visited August 2014
“Awesome Adventure”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

We went rafting a couple of weeks ago while on vacation in Jackson, WY. Lewis & Clark was an awesome choice!! Everyone in the office was so kind, and the rafting trip was incredible. Aaron was an amazing guide. We enjoyed it so much, that we called back the next day to see if they had any open spots. Since a certain number of people are needed to paddle, they actually had an opening and it worked out great for us to go again. The second time we had Luke as a guide and he was just as good. I would recommend Lewis & Clark to anyone. Such a friendly atmosphere, and so willing to work with us. Also, Otis was the best. :)

Visited July 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Great first time experience!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I had never been white water rafting before, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. As soon as I stepped into the store, I was greeted by smiling faces and employees that were more than willing to help me in any way they could. They helped me figure out what size wet-suit I would need, and didn't hesitate to give me their personal recommendations on how to better enjoy my trip. Our driver to the river chatted with us the whole time and made me feel very comfortable and made the trip very enjoyable. Our guide, Aaron, definitely knew what he was talking about, and gave a great tour while making us laugh at the same time. When we got back to return our wet-suits, several people asked how our trip was, and offered to show us the pictures that were taken halfway through the trip. Lewis and Clark definitely knows how to stay on top in the Customer Service business!

Visited July 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Owners have terrible customer service”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

This trip was my brother's graduation present and he's been looking forward to it for months. My mom is a single mother and so it wasn't easy for her to save up for this for the two of them and she invited me along and another girl who wasn't able to come at the last minute so when we got to Lewis and Clark we were a person short of the reservation for 4 that we had made. We were aware of the cancelation policy, though, and I was expecting to pay the full amount for the 4th reservation. When we walked up to the counter the front desk girl reminded us of the cancelation policy, we said we were aware of it. The owners, who were standing at the counter the whole time, began to speak down to us and treated us as if we were trying to get out of paying for our 4th reservation. My mom told the owners SEVERAL times we expected to pay for the 4th reservation, but they dismissed her every attempt to tell them. I don't know how they got the idea we weren't going to pay, or why they were so incredibly rude. They told us we were losing money for them, that they were like an airline and needed a cancelation notice, and that they were a mom and pop shop so, again, we had lost them money.
I stepped in and told the owners that I had been planning on paying for the 4th reservation and that there had been NO mention of not paying. The female owner finally said the two of them must have misunderstood because they had walked in during the middle of the conversation (they had been standing there the whole time). Still, they told the front girl to charge us for three and when I protested AGAIN, the two owners just snipped an "It's fine." and walked away. You can imagine what a damper that put on all of our time to be treated so rudely for God knows what reason, never even asking to get the 4th charge taken off. Still, our guide, Luke, was great and we saw some beautiful wildlife and the day was gorgeous. The original front desk girl, Luke and our bus driver were all extremely nice. I just wish the owners would have listened and treated us better.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank rocknhan
wyorafter, Owner at Lewis & Clark River Expeditions, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
We are tremendously sorry that you were so upset. It seems that you were personally offended when we attempted to enforce our cancellation policy for the “no show” on your reservation. If you had in fact told us at first that you would pay for the missing person, the cancellation policy discussion would not have come up. It may well have always been your intention to pay, but we didn’t perceive it. I am sorry that our explanation of our cancellation policy made you feel as though I was talking down to you. I can assure you that my tone was due to our frustration with the situation.

It was only after I reminded you that a credit card had been used to guarantee the space and we could charge that card for the balance, that you mentioned that you would pay for your friends space. That card was in your mothers name, I can only assume that you didn’t want her to have to pay for your missing friend. At this point you mentioned that you had always been willing to pay, and it became obvious that you were angry. I wasn’t sure what we had done to offend you, but I desperately wanted to right the situation. In our business we believe the customer is always right: I apologized sincerely for any misunderstanding. I told Mckenzie our office staffer who was handling your payment, “it’s fine, don’t charge anyone for the missing person.” Later, as your trip was about to leave, my husband asked your group if everything was OK, and you responded “yes”. So, we assumed that you had accepted my apology. When you returned from your trip Mckenzie asked how everything was, and you replied “the trip was a lot of fun”. Finally we communicated with you via email a couple of days after your trip, asking what we could have done better. Instead of replying with your issues, you posted this scathing review.

I am thrilled that you were able to enjoy the beautiful day, see some wildlife and have a great time with your guide Luke. I am also pleased that you feel that our staff, office and bus driver provided good service to you as well. We do work very hard to make sure our staff is informed and courteous. Your issue was with me for playing the heavy and attempting to enforce our cancellation policy. I’m not sure what else we could have done to make you happy.

Please again accept my sincerest apology. We certainly don’t conduct our business in the fashion that you suggest.

KarenYoungblood