I stayed at the Rustic from May 11th to May 14th, 2013. I stayed in a superior king room (the regular room, not creekside).
The hotel is nice, and the rooms are luxurious. However, there are nearly no lights in the parking lot. We stayed in a room where the nearest parking was approximately half a street block length. This wasn't a real crisis for my husband and I; however, it was one of those things that just seemed to really lack forethought. We arrived at 10pm at night, so there we sat, walking in the dark, with a ton of luggage and trying to find our hotel room. It wasn't the best first impression.
The rooms were private, and nice. However, there is no actual bathroom door, its just curtains. It wasn't actually a terrible idea (the rooms have high ceilings, and it was actually creative and practical to use the curtains, IMO). But, for myself (a crohn's patient), I constantly felt like everytime I used the bathroom, I really had no privacy from my husband. There is a door to the actual toilet, but you can easily hear right through it.This is just a personal gripe of mine, and I don't know that the average visitor would mind though.
The other issue with the room is that it smelled incredible strongly of paint. There were also several damp spots on the bed and floor of the room when we checked in. We did let the front desk know and they apologized. However, we had to air the room out for the first day of our time because the paint smell was so pungent. We did notice several other rooms near ours that were being re-done.
The thing that actually really turned me off to the Rustic though, was a problem with our reservation. I had actually meant to book 4 nights, but I only booked 3. On what was the hotel's checkout date, I had a voicemail from Caleb, asking me awkwardly if I was staying that night or now and to please call back as soon as I could. I called back and spoke to a female, who assured me nothing was wrong and that Caleb had called in error. This caused my husband and I to be worried about our luggage, and then I asked the woman on the phone if everything was okay, and she responded yes, and that she had us set to check out the following morning. This led to more discussion on mine and my husband's part after I hung up the phone. When we actually looked at the calendar, we realized it was our error and went to correct it. We paid for another night and it was fine. The part that bothered me about this was were we just going to be auto-charged and never told any different; or was our luggage just floating somewhere around the resort. We had no problem paying the night; and it was our actual mistake.
The creek is nice, but truthfully, I wasn't super impressed with it. The only wildlife I saw near the creek were ducks and geese (not a problem, but I'm from Wisconsin and see ducks and geese around constantly).
I will say the Rustic has to have one of the most amazing housekeeping and lawn care staffs around. We saw people constantly working, cleaning, etc. It was really impressive and not intrusive at all. Its very clear the Rustic does a lot to stay in tip-top shape of guests.
Overall, the Rustic is nice and beautiful. However, the things they really miss the mark on stand out a lot. I think this location is probably great for someone who really wants to spend their time in Jackson and shop, dine, etc and not do a ton of the park type activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are situated on 14 acres just 4 blocks from historic Town Square. We offer stand-alone cabins, guestrooms, and high-end suites; as well as many amenities including: Free airport shuttle (7am - 11pm - requires 24 hour advance booking), complimentary hot gourmet breakfast buffet, heated outdoor pool, outdoor Jacuzzi, sauna, full service spa on site, gym, seasonal fishing, seasonal fire pits, lounge & seasonal patio featuring modern American cuisine, wine cellar, room service, double pillowtop mattresses, fine linens, complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access, 24 hour concierge, bellman service, complimentary winter ski shuttles To Teton Village: 8:15am & 9:30am, From Teton Village: 3:30pm & 5:00 pm, downtown courtesy car (based on availability from 7am until 11pm). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rustic Inn Creekside Resort And Spa At Jackson Hole Hotel Jackson
- Rustic Inn Creekside Resort And Spa At Jackson Hole WY