“Excellent food, excellent service”
Review of Wild Sage

Wild Sage
Reserve with OpenTable
Wild Sage is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 144 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Gill
Transit: START Bus public transit stops 2 blocks from hotel/restaurant.
Wild Western Wyoming
“Excellent food, excellent service”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We love this place. We've eaten breakfast with children and have had a romantic dinner sans kids and were lavished with attention and friendly service on both occasions. The French Toast was some of the best I've ever eaten at breakfast, and the trout with wasabi mashed potatoes was sublime. (Saffron and vanilla added an amazingly interesting touch!)
The wine list is at least a dozen pages long, and offers a wide variety of inexpensive and very expensive wines.
We had the luxury of being seated next to the fire and they placed our settings right next to one another (rather than across the table), creating a cozy and romantic atmosphere. The other couples dining had the same configuration, which I thought was a nice touch to make for a romantic dinner.
Watching our food being prepared was a fun experience, too. The chefs took great care in the preparation and presentation of our food, constantly arranging and manipulating the creations.
We really enjoyed our experience here, and will be back!

• Visited November 2013

oregon
“Breakfast at the Wild Sage”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Nice little restaurant with not enough help. Breakfast was delicious but getting a cup of coffee was tough. The coffee was great even though it didn't arrive until breakfast had been finished. A refill was impossible!

Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
“Magical!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had one of the best dinners of our lives at Wild Sage. The atmosphere is relaxing, the service is impeccable, the food is to die for - the whole experience is indescribable. Definitely eat at Wild Sage if you're in Jackson Hole.

Visited September 2013
Gillette, Wyoming
“Romantic & Quaint”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The atmosphere is wonderful. The food was excellent. If you want to truly enjoy a lonely evening this is the place to go. The food was wonderful. The chef started us with a complimentary taste of ox tail which was wonderful. I had a salad that was not only beautiful, but tasty. I had a tenderloin and it was very tender and tasty. The asparagus that came with it was the best asparagus I have ever eaten in my life. The way they prepared it was exceptional. The same can be said for the potatoes as well. My husband had the Alaskan Halibut. He thoroughly enjoyed it. We shared dessert. With everything as wonderful as it was, I managed to fall in love with my husband all over again. Thank you Wild Sage for a Fabulous evening!!! I would love to come back and stay at your B & B sometime.

NYC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Haughty Service”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

If you like haughty, inconsistent service then you'll love Wild Sage. We were greeted with obvious condescension when we arrived for our 8:30 dinner reservation last week. Not sure if the waiter was bothered by the fact that we were dining late by Jackson standards or because we were wearing jeans. Had I been smarter, we'd have left on the spot but instead we persisted. After being seated, the waiter for some reason "forgot" to take my request for a glass of wine until after my dinner companion had been served. For the rest of the evening he was unable to make eye-contact. If you're a Dallas fan you'll feel right at home at Wild Sage as the dining room was obviously decorated by the same interior designer who handled South Fork ranch in the 1980's.

1 Thank tim j