Open today: Closed

More Info
from $199.00
More Info
1,704 results
All reviews elk refuge outdoor sculptures bronze sculptures carl rungius beautiful building wonderful collection children's area gift shop audio tour rainy day on display elk reserve well worth the visit couple of hours jackson hole for sale few hours
Reviewed 4 days ago

This museum is very interesting. It has replicas of all the wild life and some animals that were once alive- or at least they are realistic enough to make you think so. It is informative. and fun

Reviewed 6 days ago

The building is beautiful. Sculptures outside are fantastic if you only have time to drive by, but the art inside is well worth taking the time to stop. It is outside of town but on the road into Grand Teton. You will notice the beautiful stone building up on a hill.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Give yourself a minimum of 2 hours, make that 3. Take your time and look. Then move closer and look again. I found the whole experience delightful.
Currently they are featuring a wildlife photographer whose work is mind-blowing!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Very enjoyable experience. The exhibits are great; the outdoor sculpture trail is a highlight. The museum itself is beautiful, complementing the landscape, and the staff is friendly and helpful. It's easy to reach since it's right there on the road from the airport to Jackson.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We spent a delightful afternoon at this museum! The outdoor sculptures and grounds are very nice. The indoor exhibits are outstanding, especially the Thomas Mangelsen exhibit and the video interview of the artist with Anderson Cooper. The gift shop has a nice variety of souvenirs, books, and art at reasonable prices.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I love art and art museums. I particularly like them when they are well curated with all types of art and a manageable size. This museum had paintings that were unusual in their subject presentation, as well as classically painted more familiar subjects. The art of Carl Rungius was not something I had seen before and was breathtaking. The substance of the animals and stunning backgrounds thrilled me. We had been through the parks and some of the animals appeared in his work as if we encountered them ourselves. Marvelous!
Sculptures abound inside and outside. They are so realistic and then so whimsical in their interpretation.

The thing that moved me to tears, very unexpectedly, was a large piece by Steve Kestrel. Called Silent Messenger, a raven carved in Wyoming Black Granite and red sandstone sarcophagus was very simply amazing. I sat and watched the video provided adjacent to this treasured carving. I felt as if I were in my worship place, it was that moving.
Photography by Thomas D Mangelsen was outstandingly presented and you may remember him on 60 Minutes. A joyful and vibrant depiction of animals and nature. The lighting in his photography was exceptionally bold and it transforms you into the piece itself.
There was a studio from another well known painter who's name escapes me. I loved the insider view of the studio.
October was quiet and I did see the restaurant, but did not stay for a bite.Gift shop had many treasures and lots for the kids. Please support this wonderful place, savor it and take the time to enjoy every part of it. Go alone if there are people that will hurry you through.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Sculpture, paintings, photography....it's all here and it is quite wonderful. The Museum has good hours, decent admission pricing and it's a terrific way to spend a couple of hours in Jackson instead of shopping! It's a lovely building just outside of town and easy to park and walk in. Highly recommend the exhibits.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was on my list of things to see while visiting Jackson and I wasn’t sure if my husband would like it but he went along with me. Turned out, he loved it as much as I did. Beautiful paintings, sculptures and we were fortunate enough to see Thomas Mangelsen’s awesome photography. He is a local nature photographer who has been all over the world shooting spectacular photos of animals and landscapes. What a talented photographer! They also have a 30 minute mini movie on Mangelsen and the clip from a recent interview on 60 minutes with Anderson Cooper. We spent almost 3 hours here and it is well worth the admission fee. They have a nice gift shop and even a restaurant, which we didn’t try. Highly recommend visiting this great museum when in Jackson.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We are more connoisseurs of modern art, but when in Rome... The building is beautiful, and the art is well done and worth seeing.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We enjoyed our visit to this museum. While there are countless art galleries in downtown Jackson (and those are fun to visit as well), what sets this museum apart is its historical emphasis. It's really interesting to see the depiction of wildlife in art evolve from early days when all art was dominated by the Bible and religious scenes, to much more naturalistic depictions, to very modern takes. The building is quite attractive, too. There's a cafe, but we didn't stop in it.