“A classy gem in the heart of downtown Jackson Hole”
Review of The Wort Hotel

The Wort Hotel
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Had the pleasure of staying here for 2 nights for a work conference and thoroughly enjoyed it. Located right in the heart of downtown Jackson Hole close to shopping and restaurants.

Check in: Fast, courteous, and even though my room wasn't available since I was there before the stated 4p check in bellman appeared and took my bag to store while I headed to the restaurant for lunch. I couldn't even reach the restaurant and my room was ready! Bellman reappeared and took me to my room. Professional, courteous and wished me a nice stay after bringing in my bag.

Lobby: A small, downtown hotel but so much old world charm and local character everywhere you really feel part of the surrounding country. Beautiful wood everywhere, nice staircase leading to the upstairs rooms, lobby fireplace with huge (and real) mounted either bison, moose, etc. heads and these seating areas are on both floors.

Room: well sized, with desk, 2 sitting chairs with floor/reading lamp, bed frames were made of real timber and both were queen sized with multiple pillows, throws and nicer comforters. Armoire had newer flat screen, and small fridge. Bathroom fixtures were definitely newer as well with a vanity in the bathroom and one outside it so 2 could get ready at the same time. Closet had 2 nice robes.

My first impression upon entering the room was comfortable, clean and well maintained. The pictures, beds, furniture evoked the feeling of being in the country, There was even a cute teddy bear on the one bed holding a small sign about conserving water and linens.

Restaurant/bar: right off the lobby. Again, lots of local flair with both a full bar and tables for dining with TVs carrying various sports, ESPN, etc. background music nice. tables and floor clean. Waitress was at my table in just a few moments and friendly. menu had nice local options as well as the standard fare. I had a chicken salad wrap and it was excellent. Arrived in about 10 minutes and waitress was back several times to check on me.

Gym: The only disappointment of my stay. in such a beautiful area I can understand why you'd never want to workout inside but being there for a conf. with full days I didn't have the luxury to go outside. Being a runner used one of the 2 treadmills they had. They were older vintage and both had seen better days. They needed their belts tightened as they slipped and seemed rickety as you ran. Elliptical seemed of the same vintage. Gym overall though was clean, had nice towels, temp was good, had a flat screen, water cooler, and next to it were 2 hot tubs.

Check out: fast, efficient and courteous. bill was correct.

maid service: I was out my first night for dinner with colleagues and there was a turn down service, with a chocolate let and nice music on when i came back. Very nice touch that spoke to the quality and service of my overall experience.

Highly recommend you give them a try on your next stay in Jackson Hole.

Room Tip: My first time in Jackson Hole/Wyoming so be ready for the incredible mountains that surround the tow...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Sailguy

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Wort Hotel in October and had just a wonderful time. The hotel has a beautiful lobby with traditional western motif. The rooms were comfortable and roomy. The was a wealth of art throughout the hotel to review. We ate in the Silver Dollar Saloon and enjoyed the cowboy ambiance. When we return tonJackson we will surely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at the rear of the hotel. Near the saloon is noisy on a night they have enterta...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Fine "old" hotel in the heart of town with comfortable rooms and very helpfull front desk staff and concierge.

Avoid rooms above the noisy and boisterous Silver Dollar saloon - we had a 5.30 am start for a wildlife trip and were kept awake the night before.

Our de luxe room had a view of only the airconditioning units and the roof

Sadly our one experience of the restaurant was poor - dreadfully slow service and no corn flakes. They still attempted to charge for the non existent cereal. We did not give the restaurant a second chance

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EssexRichard
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I will admit I am a travel snob who has the means to stay at 5 star hotels but chose the Wort for a 4 day business trip based on location in the center of town. The room was immaculate, well fitted and very comfortable. The food I ordered from room service (Cowboy Bar) was EXCELLENT. The staff was very friendly and accomodating even bringing me some aspirin when I had altitude symptoms. The gym was small but accomodating. The room rate was very reasonable. I really loved this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My friend and I stayed here after a really tough 4 days of snowmobiling. We were stranded in Yellowstone for 3 days due to a storm and then on our way out of the park our van broke down, in the road, in the dark and with an ill- prepared driver. We arrived at the hotel at 1 am and when we entered the room it felt like heaven. Not huge, but reflective of the western theme in Jackson Hole and tastefully done. The bathroom was perfect and the personal hygiene products were lovely. The beds were comfortable and the rooms quite. We slept great for around $150 per night and then ate at the wonderful restaurant in the hotel in the morning. YUMMY. The hotel also offers a station to print your boarding passes. The service was great! The decor great and interesting. The hotel is downtown, close to everything. We are heading back next year and will not stay anywhere else. The only reason I did not give it a 5 is because the amenities are not 5 star, just 4.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 22, 2012

There is a lot good to say including the large rooms, double sinks, first class bedding and toiletires and Starbucks coffee in the room. Although we did not eat a full meal in the Silver Dollar Grill, the Fried Portabella Mushrooms were outstanding and the food looked good. The location is probably the best to be had in Jackson. The free self park lot a block away was also a big plus.The turndown service and Silver dollar chocolates at your bedside were 5 star but there were a couple things that let us down. The only elevator is in the far corner of the hotel - our room was at the other corner. We needed an elevator and so did guests we had one day. Our room was very dark and needed more lighting. The guest service desk had no one in attendance more than once during our stay and the only bell man was helping other guests. He also was the only valet parking guy when we needed him and he was busy. We felt that the service was not 5 star. The quality of the help was superb, but the quantity of help was lacking.

Room Tip: We had an inside facing room. It was super quiet. If a view is more important to you then don't...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed four nights in this lovely hotel. It is in such a convenient location - just walk to the restaurants, bars and shops; the car park is just over the road, and Grand Teton NP very near. All the staff were so helpful; the concierge suggested restaurants for us and booked them. We had breakfasts in the hotel restaurant and one dinner, and the food was superb. The only negative comment would be that the A/C is noisy and the room decor rather dark (supposed to be traditional).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ejsibbit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa
Hotel Jackson
Hotel Jackson
#3 of 40 in Jackson
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort

Been to The Wort Hotel? Share your experiences!