“Nice, Comfy Rooms!”
Review of Virginian Lodge

Virginian Lodge
Ranked #26 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at the Virginian. The room was quiet and comfortable. The furniture was slightly dated, however, that's not a huge issue since it was both clean and spacious. The man at the reception gave us a warm welcome and was very friendly. If we come back, we'll certainly stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank JasonGlisson
There are newer reviews for Virginian Lodge

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Rooms were clean and spacious. Pool and hot tup were relaxing and well kept as were the grounds. The lobby was very interesting with game and fish mounts adorning the walls. The whole town was within walking distance and the wash & fold laundry was right next door!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool it was peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Thought this was a good location. Bit far for Yellow stone but the tetons and Jackson it self ideal.
The room I felt was a bit dated and could do with an uplift. It was clean and ok as just used to sleep and shower. Lots of towels shower powerful.Staff helpful. Parking could be a pot luck. the pool area and hot tub nice. Little disapointed that children are allowed in hot tub. Was not keen on the saloon on site bit smelly.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My sister in law decided last minute to change our accommodations from a beautiful vacation rental home about half an hour from Jackson, to this...interesting looking place in the heart of Jackson. I was apprehensive to say the least. Upon opening the door to our (HUGE) room and finding the decor VERY outdated, I made several assumptions. My first two assumptions were that the place would be dirty. and not well maintained. WRONG! I did the white glove test just to show my husband how awful it would be. It was SPOTLESS! Everything worked except for the television. I placed a call to the front desk and they had a delightful man come and fix the tv right away. He said that if I had any more issues to please call right away and they would get a different tv up to my room pronto.

The next morning I had the distinct pleasure of meeting Moises, the housekeeper. He was excruciatingly efficient and GREAT at his job. He was also very pleasant and accommodating.

The next surprise came in the comfort of the bed. I am writing this on our 5th day here and my back is just FINE! That is quite unusual for me.

The kitchenette is adequately stocked, but no frills. There is a fridge, a sink, two burners and basic (cheap) utensils, etc.

The bathroom is small, clean, and adequate.

The noise level is about what you would expect from any motel. Parking was HORRENDOUS at 11 pm on a Friday night.

All in all, I was quite pleasantly surprised by the Virginian. I would recommend it as the location, cleanliness and comfort are great. Still, next trip to Jackson Hole, I think I'm going to go for that beautiful vacation rental home.

Room Tip: We got a kitchenette room on the side closest to town. I would request a room far away from the dai...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Elizabeth L
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I've stayed here a couple times for work conferences now and have always been satisfied. While there isn't all that much to the rooms themselves, they met my basic needs for cheaper than you'll find pretty much anywhere else in Jackson. They even have wifi in the rooms now, which was not the case when I last stayed there two years ago.

The layout of the property is pretty nice; rooms are arranged in a single floor square grid, with an outdoor courtyard in the middle that features a swimming pool & hot tub, along with some chairs for sitting. On a nice day, this is a great place to just chillax and read/internet surf/people watch. For those with rooms facing the courtyard - I've always stayed during the week, but the pool closes at 10pm and I've never had any issues with noise. It also helps that the property is a bit removed from the main drag of Jackson.

Staff seemed friendly enough, though the housekeepers were oddly aggressive. Despite the DnD sign that I always put up, it seemed like I could never leave the room without one of them chasing me to ask if they could clean the room. There were no actual unauthorized entries as far as I could tell, so it was more amusing than anything else.

Regarding location, it's a bit removed from downtown as I stated before. It is slightly less than a mile, or about a 15-20 minute walk. There is also a shuttle that runs free within the city limits that stops a block over. So downtown is still fairly accessible and you don't have to deal with any of the noise, which is always a plus.

I would also highly recommend the restaurant, especially for breakfast. It is such a wonderful thing in life to partake of honest-to-goodness, top quality BACON, and this place delivers (advice possibly n/a for vegetarians). Big crowds can form, even during the week, as others appear to be in the know about the bacon wondrousness as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Before we got to the Virginian I was a bit apprehensive after reading some of the reviews. We were there for one night (on a bus trip) and I must admit the place exceeded my expectations. The room we had included two queen beds, two chairs, and a desk with a suitcase rack.
The washroom facilities were partitioned off and there was an additional door to the shower/tub and commode.
The room was very clean and well kept. The flat screen TV was more than adequate and the WiFi was pretty darned fast. Comparing their advertised cost to other hotels in Jackson I would not hesitate to return.
The restaurant was homey but the food was fabulous--rather have good taste and reasonable prices than a lot of atmosphere!

Room Tip: Choose a room that opens to the pool to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The Virginian was recommended to us by my cousin. It was thankfully slightly out of the 'downtown' of Jackson Hole. While it is an older hotel, it was clean and quiet. The hotel has a pool and hot tub that was spotless. I only had 2 issues. We SPECIFICALLY called the lobby and told them we did not want room service, we were leaving for they day and left our laptops and a phone behind WE DID NOT WANT ANYONE IN THE ROOM. We even put the do not disturb sign on the door. We came back late and everything was moved, all of our electronics, stuff in the bathroom, beds remade, towels gone. We did not want this, it felt very much like an invasion of privacy. The other issue was the fold away bed. It was so old and the mattress was thin, it threw my back out. I could hardly move after the first night. Other than those 2 things I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family