“Not worth the money!!!!”

Super 8 Jackson Hole
Ranked #34 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Not worth the money!!!!”
Reviewed August 19, 2010

For the price $170.00 a night, the room was not worth the cost, the room smelled like it had be smoked in and musty. The walls are very thin we could hear the people in the hall, the room above us and next to us. The breakfast food was very unimpressive, the area where the food is served was very small and there was no room to sit and eat.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We spent one night here and really enjoyed our stay. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable and the staff was friendly. The breakfast had limited food but it was good and the kitchen area was clean. A short drive into the town square. This hotel was in a little plaza that had a movie theater and restaurants very nearby. We planned a rafting trip with Mad River Boat Trips and that was 1/2 mile away. Will definitely stay here again. Excellent value for the $. Plus, I believe the hotel is non-smoking which was great.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I stayed at the Super 8 Jackson Hole with a couple friends on a (brief) vacation to enjoy the cool mountain. We never planned on getting a nice hotel as we didn't plan on staying in the room much - too much beauty in the mountains to explore.

It's a standard Super 8 with a laughable breakfast (some boiled eggs, stale bread to toast and 2 cereal options - the coffee was the worst). You'll be wanting to go eat breakfast elsewhere.

The rooms are decently clean but there are no electrical plugs, no elevator and the hallways are dusty and need new carpet.

My interaction with staff is the worst part. If you call the front desk, they never answer when hitting "0" on the room phone. I called the main hotel number from my cell phone and got a quick answer from a very confused worker. Who promised my request to be filled in "a little while."

Also, when I returned to my room in the middle of the day, I found the door open just enough to not lock and a man staring out the window. He then quickly shut the curtains and said in an awkward manner that he was just inspecting the room.

Overall, I recommend this only to people who know what to expect - the pictures and hotel website are great, but reality is not how it is presented. It's a Super 8. Perhaps a hotel closer to the town square would be better next time I'm in town.

• Stayed August 2010
atlanta
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Every summer we head to Jackson and this was by far the best property we have stayed a. Staff was super accommodating and thanks for not minding our continuous questions! Breakfast was great every morning, rooms were clean, and a special thanks to the manager Patsy for EVERYTHING!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
salt lake city
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Three of my friends and I went to Jackson Hole to spend a girls weekend away. Between the four of us we have 12 children and so getting a weekend away is a rare treat! We stayed two nights in the Super 8 right as you come into Jackson Hole, WY (very easy to find and convenient location). We were so pleased with our stay. Not only was our room very clean and well maintained, the entire hotel was inviting. The employees were friendly and helpful, answering all of our questions, from the front office staff to the housekeepers. All of our needs were met and we were very well taken care of. The room had a microwave, a mini refrigerator, a built in blow drayer, and and iron and ironing board - all of which got used, As an added bonus, we also enjoyed the early morning free breakfast.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Texas
Reviewed June 22, 2010

First let me say I used reward points for this hotel, I would never pay the going rate (overheard $170/night) for this hotel, never. The hotel is located on the south side of Jackson which is less congested and a bit more modern. The hotel does share a parking lot with other businesses which turns out to be ok but a little disconcerting. The exterior is in good shape, very "lodgy". The checkin was simple, the staff efficient and pleasant. Since we had a "free" night we were assigned a 3rd floor room, up very steep flights of stairs. I usually do not mind a climb, but this was ridiculous. The room was very compact however everything in the room was clean and functional. The tv had plenty of channels and the internet was fast. The in room coffee is marginal. The breakfast was a bit better than a basic continental breakfast. This included boiled eggs, fruit and a good variety of breads, cereals and juices. I had a friend staying just down the street at the Point Inn and I can't say it was any better than the Super 8, except the parking there was more secure..

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Heyburn, Idaho
Reviewed June 15, 2010

I was a bit hesitant booking due to some of the reviews but I ended up being happy just being able to get a room over Memorial Weekend in Jackson. I have stayed at several Super 8's over my trip and honestly this is by far one of the best. When I checked in they told me that they just finished some renovations including new carpet.

I was most impressed with the staff's attention to my needs. The first room I was assigned to was on third floor. I knew from the other reviews that there was no elevator so I requested the ground floor for my wife. They were very attentive to my needs and immediately switched me to a ground floor room near the entrance. In the morning, the breakfast hostess kept all the breakfast stocked in spite of it being VERY busy in the lobby, (not a whole lot of space or chairs). Even though they were busy when I checked out, the front desk made sure that I had complete directions to the visitor center and park.

I will definitely be returning on my next trip to Jackson Hole. Good value, rooms and amenities up to par, and an AMAZING STAFF!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple