“Good way to start a vacation!”
Review of Snow King Resort

Snow King Resort
Ranked #15 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Texarkana, Arkansas
“Good way to start a vacation!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We stayed in a double queen room for the first night of our vacation to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone. Check in was friendly and quick. We requested a room on the top floor and quiet location. We ended up with a top floor room w/balcony on the side of hotel facing the mountain as well as above the pool area. Room was clean, nicely decorated and beds were comfortable. Would stay again!

Room Tip: Request top floor, away from pool side if you want the quietest location. We were on top floor pool...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Laura F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed all of one night here at this beautiful and pricey resort as part of our cross country trip from West Coast to East Coast. We loved the ambience of the hotel, the hotel room was gorgeously decorated and the staff were great but the sleep readiness of the room was terrible for two weary travelers. They had us in a room near the back entrance which wasn't a big deal. The issue was that on the other side of our room, to the wall with the bed attached, was a very high traffic stairwell with people constantly going in and out and the door slamming every single time. This went on even well into the night. Why in the world the architect thought it would be a good idea to put an emergency/common traffic stairwell right up against a room I'll never know. It was bad enough the bed and pillows were uncomfortable but to add insult to injury we struggled to sleep with the noise of a slamming door. I would only stay here again if I had the option of choosing where my room was located because it just wasn't worth it for what we paid.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get assigned a room near a stairwell.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CamilleL
Newnan
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Accidentally booked for 7/6 instead of 7/5. When I checked in they said there was nothing they could do since I didn't book direct. My only option was to book at full price but if I had booked direct they would have switched nights. Went to White Buffalo instead.

Stayed July 2014
Oak Harbor, United States
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Very Well Taken Care of by Colton at the front Desk! Clean, plenty of room in our 1 BEDROOM Suite, Close to town, and plenty of outdoor activities both at the resort and around the local village.
Got to Love the West!

Room Tip: Arrived early, room wasn't ready... Took in the town for dinner, a bit of shopping and the old w...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We didn't stay but we dined at Hayden's Post twice. Was fantastic-- both dinner and breakfast. Then we had a BLAST on the Alpine slide! The views were incredible and the staff was very friendly. But beware of getting behind slow children. For the cost to slide definitely don't hesitate to tell the staff will wait extra time so you won't catch up with any of the snails that occasionally grace the slide. ;-)

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed July 1, 2014

If you love the mountains but prefer a hotel to a tent, then I recommend staying at the Snow King Resort. There are hiking and biking trails right outside the hotel as well as guided horseback riding and an alpine slide. In the winter there is a ski hill and ice rick. Grand Teton National Park and the Bridger-Teton National Forest are both nearby. Yellowstone is a bit farther, but close enough where a day trip is manageable. With all this at your fingertips the Snow King Resort is a great place to rest your weary feet. It has been newly renovated, so the rooms are nice and comfortable. The beds are comfortable, the bathrooms are clean, and the staff is friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

2 Thank Taow25
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Room was very clean and spacious...great quality of high end linens. Hotel is overly priced for the value, (more than double), but then again it's Jackson Hole, in the middle of tourist season.

Unfortunately it took too long to check in, because most of the staff was new...this was their first week and they had NOT been trained properly by the management. There were too many problems, when we were checking in our 3 rooms. The bell boys (from foreign countries) were brand new as well...they had difficulty finding their way around the hotel and they left me and my luggage on the elevator. They thought the elevator was too heavy...so they left and I had to take my own luggage on their cart and find my room. Having traveled the world, I'm perfectly capable, but the extra price you pay, deserves the extra attention that you should receive. Also, they did not have my mom's room cleaned at 5 p.m., so we could check in, so I let her rest in my room. After I complained, they dropped the rate 1/2 off for her first nights stay, which was a good management decision.

Anywhere in Jackson is costly to eat...the breakfast buffet in the hotel was just average, but it was priced way out of line.

Nice stay, but it could have been much better with good management. I expected to have coffee, tea, water etc. available in the lobby, but nothing. They didn't even have a garbage anywhere in site. I think during ski season, this would be a good place to check-in...summer was just so so.

Room Tip: Request a room high up (6th floor) and on west side...so you can at least have a view of the mountai...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank LINDA F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort
Hotel Jackson
Hotel Jackson
#3 of 40 in Jackson
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort

Been to Snow King Resort? Share your experiences!