Snow King Resort
Ranked #21 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife and I decided to do some skiing over the new year, and decided to give Snowking a chance as I hadn't been there in awhile. We are from Wyoming and rumor had it SK had done some renovations and had really stepped their game up, for once, Wyoming rumors were true!

I was blown away at the friendliness of the staff, you would have had no clue it was a holiday weekend. Responsive, friendly, warm, and knowledgeable staff proved to be one of the best parts of our trip. From the front desk staff, to the bell hops, to the Ski Rental staff (who we rented our gear from for way cheaper than the Village would have been) to the concierge Deb (she basically handled our entire trip for restaurants, elk refuge trip which the charged back to the room, and skiing). Staff gets an A+.

Rooms were renovated, clean, and very inviting. We would have spent way more time there if it hadn't been for Deb keeping us active around town, as well as their new restaurant bar Haydens Post. Last time I was there they had it on the ground floor and it seemed cramped and dark. Post renovation saw the bar brought upstairs to a spectacular view, great atmosphere, and fantastic food and drink. Amenities get an A+.

I don't usually write reviews, but thought this was the least I could do for such a great experience. My wife and I look forward to our future trips to visit Snowking, and they can't come soon enough.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 307Couple
geoff_young, General Manager at Snow King Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

It sounds like you had a great ski get-away! Thank you for recognizing Deb and the front of the house team. We do strive to "be the difference" and by the sounds of your review we were! The snow is still falling, so come back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,202)

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We were there for a hurried vacation and arrived without reservations during September, 2013. The hotel was very nice and quite comfortable. It was also quite reasonable for a resort hotel. Next time I'm in Jackson Hole I will consider staying here. Because we arrived with a small dog, we did not have a room with a view which was something we would have appreciated.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. It is good to hear that you would consider staying with us again! Please bring your dog and we will try to make sure you get a room with a view!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Recently renovated hotel/resort - clean and updated, the oct comfortable beds I've ever had in a hotel. Friendly staff, great location - 10-15 min. way to DT Jackson square. Hotel restaurant had very good food. not have been more pleased with our 4-night stay. Will choose again for our next stay.

Room Tip: You can ski out the 4th floor right to the lifts.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
geoff_young, General Manager at Snow King Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

It is good to hear that you had an "Excellent Stay" and that you will be staying with us on your next visit to Jackson Hole. Thank you and please come back son!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

hotel is clean and the staff is very helpful and friendly. last time i was in Jackson hole i wanted to stay in downtown and when you're at cowboy bar or the million dollar bar you can actually look a few blocks up and see the snow king mountain so I assumed it was a great location to be able to walk into town for food but it's not. they do have shuttle service to town and the yellow line bus gets you to Jackson hole resort. they are easy but you must know the schedule and it's a slight walk in the freezing at night from the bus stop to dinner in downtown. a bit inconvenient but only if you're spoiled. I have to say next time we will stay at White Buffalo Club is literally around the corner from my favorite place, Lotus Cafe and I believe they have a jacuzzi tub in the room. Snow king has a tiny tub. super hot shower water though but nothing beats soaking in a tub. They have an outdoor jacuzzi that unfortunately was taken by a party of 300 college kids from CA that were there ironically for the same dates so never got to use it. But room is cute and clean. If you don't mind having to take a bus everywhere because they are pretty tucked up in a remote corner from everything except Snow King mountain which is a minute down run if you're an advanced skier. I didn't rate high on value because two of us paid $4000 a week prior for air and hotel package on travelocity. i'm sure if you plan ahead you'd get a better deal. sleep quality was poor because their heater burst load hot dry air for a bit then shuts off and loud again. really dry air. we were so dehydrated.coming from NY and FL maybe it's a personal problem but we had a restless time trying to sleep with that dry air and the loud heater .I rated the spa average because we both got an hour massage and my boyfriend liked his while they told me my guy was strong and deep tissue I thought he was weak sauce, light as a feather. I prefer my Asian places in NYC walk in walk out. they crack my back and knead me way harder for a lot less $ (thought nyc was most expensive place). We are vegan so we didn't have breakfast here. can't rate it

Room Tip: friendly staff.they will add a fridge if you ask
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent visit. It does sound like you enjoyed your visit, except for being a few blocks from Downtown. I hope that you do reconsider staying with us on your next visit to Jackson Hole!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I've stayed at many hotels, and this is certainly one of the best. We were in Jackson under the worst possible of circumstances (a death in the family), and the staff at the hotel bent over backwards to make our time in Jackson as easy as possible. They happily extended our stay on a daily basis as we worked through our difficult tasks, and they even went so far as to remove all newspapers from the hotel that covered the accident, so as not to cause the family any additional pain.

We had heard from many locals that this place used to be run down, but had recently been remodeled. It really shows. The rooms were a good size and very clean and the beds were very comfortable- really important since we were there for 6 nights. Also the wifi worked the best of any of hotel I have ever stayed at. Whether you were in the room or in the common areas- it was always fast and easily accessible.

The common area downstairs off the lobby is a great place to hang out, and we spent a lot of time there relaxing, and napping, after tackling our difficult tasks. The sofas and chairs were nice and comfy. The fire was kept burning to hold off the chill. You could have food and drinks delivered from the restaurant upstairs. It was so comfy, we spent more of our time there than in our rooms.

The location doesn't really get more perfect if you're staying in Jackson. It's two minutes drive from the downtown square (easily walkable during the summer months). It's right at the base of their ski area, so you can just hop onto the slope straight out the door of the hotel, or you can make the 10min drive (or shuttle) to Teton Village Ski Resort. It also sits just a bit higher than the town, so the view from our windows was of the mountains in the far distance.

Our meals in the resort's restaurant- Hayden's Post were unexpectedly good. The food was fresh and inventive. I highly recommend the Green Eggs & Ham for breakfast- the sauce was amazing, and the poached eggs were perfectly cooked. Dinner was just as good, but there were too many good dishes to choose just one to highlight.

Lastly, although we didn't use them, there is an outdoor heated pool and an outdoor hot tub located just outside of the common area, so you could hop out, come inside and dry off by the fire. They both looked well maintained.

The only thing I would change about our stay would be the circumstances, which brought us there. Other than that, I cannot speak more highly of the staff and the resort, and I would highly recommend it to friends and family.

1  Thank Tracy M
geoff_young, General Manager at Snow King Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for the kind response! It is good to hear that the staff was able to assist you and your family during a very difficult time. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist if you need to return to Jackson Hole.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I’ve only been in Jackson once, and it was under extremely trying circumstances. The Snow King made our stay amazing.

I’ll get into details of the hotel -- which was excellent -- but the thing that truly set the Snow King apart was the staff. The staff at the Snow King were unparalleled.

Jackson is remarkable for the warmth and friendliness of the people who live here -- and the staff at the Snow King seemed to be a distillation of that to its purest form.

Aside from the staff, one thing that was so welcome were the great public spaces to sit by the fire. A great place to sit at the end of the day, to wait for folks to meet up, or simply to sit and read a book.

The rooms were delightful, and the beds, pillows, and linens were absolute top notch. I loathed getting out of bed in the morning they were so nice.

In terms of location, the hotel is nice and close to downtown, so you can just walk down there for dinner / lunch, but there’s also a great restaurant in the hotel -- Hayden’s Post -- with great food, but also a great casual dining restaurant -- The Lift -- a quick walk / drive down the road (literally 1000 feet away at the base of the Snow King ski area.)

And as far as access to things to do, aside from proximity to downtown, the hotel is at the base of the Snow King hill, and a quick 20 minute drive to the Jackson Hole Ski Resort. A great base of operations for activities in the valley.

I would wholeheartedly recommend the place to friends and colleagues, and look forward to staying there in the future!

1  Thank petekazanjy

Thank you for taking the time to review the Resort on TRIPADVISOR. I understand that it was a very unfortunate situation that occured and am glad that we were able to be of assistance. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can do for you or your family.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was a perfect winter vacation!. We stayed in a beautiful 4 bedroom condo that was far nicer than we could have ever hoped for. The furnishings were top notch, the staff was terrific and incredibly helpful. The concierge - Debra Garner was outstanding , and the guys in the ski rental shop were equally as good, Lee in particular. We would definitely return!

Paul A.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Paul A

Thank you for the great comments regarding you recent stay. I will also pass along your comments regarding Debra, she is truly an asset to the Resort. Please come visit us again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Parkway Inn
#6 of 40 in Jackson
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort

Been to Snow King Resort? Share your experiences!