I've stayed at many hotels, and this is certainly one of the best. We were in Jackson under the worst possible of circumstances (a death in the family), and the staff at the hotel bent over backwards to make our time in Jackson as easy as possible. They happily extended our stay on a daily basis as we worked through our difficult tasks, and they even went so far as to remove all newspapers from the hotel that covered the accident, so as not to cause the family any additional pain.
We had heard from many locals that this place used to be run down, but had recently been remodeled. It really shows. The rooms were a good size and very clean and the beds were very comfortable- really important since we were there for 6 nights. Also the wifi worked the best of any of hotel I have ever stayed at. Whether you were in the room or in the common areas- it was always fast and easily accessible.
The common area downstairs off the lobby is a great place to hang out, and we spent a lot of time there relaxing, and napping, after tackling our difficult tasks. The sofas and chairs were nice and comfy. The fire was kept burning to hold off the chill. You could have food and drinks delivered from the restaurant upstairs. It was so comfy, we spent more of our time there than in our rooms.
The location doesn't really get more perfect if you're staying in Jackson. It's two minutes drive from the downtown square (easily walkable during the summer months). It's right at the base of their ski area, so you can just hop onto the slope straight out the door of the hotel, or you can make the 10min drive (or shuttle) to Teton Village Ski Resort. It also sits just a bit higher than the town, so the view from our windows was of the mountains in the far distance.
Our meals in the resort's restaurant- Hayden's Post were unexpectedly good. The food was fresh and inventive. I highly recommend the Green Eggs & Ham for breakfast- the sauce was amazing, and the poached eggs were perfectly cooked. Dinner was just as good, but there were too many good dishes to choose just one to highlight.
Lastly, although we didn't use them, there is an outdoor heated pool and an outdoor hot tub located just outside of the common area, so you could hop out, come inside and dry off by the fire. They both looked well maintained.
The only thing I would change about our stay would be the circumstances, which brought us there. Other than that, I cannot speak more highly of the staff and the resort, and I would highly recommend it to friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether it's time to visit Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, float the Snake River or catch that perfect cowboy powder Jackson is known for, Snow King Resort provides the ideal location for your adventures. Located at the base of Snow King Mountain Resort and just blocks from the historic Jackson Hole Town Square, the resort offers beautifully appointed guest rooms and Jackson's hottest restaurant, Haydens Post. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Snow King Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Snow King Resort (Grand Vista Lodging) Hotel Jackson
- Snow King Hotel
- Snow King Resort Jackson Hole, WY