The hotel is under a remodel but they are almost done. Talk about a recycling project! Turning a structure built in 1976 into a modern resort. (Those ugly grey bricks are still there, try to ignore them.) The only things we noticed were some workers in the halls and the pool area (installing gas fire pits).
The beds are new and very comfortable. We had a room with a balcony and shut the a/c off and let the mountain air cool the room. We slept like babies! The sheets are microfiber which is nice. The room was clean. Bathroom fixtures are new (although not so sure about the tub). Overall we were very pleased especially with the discounted rate which will probably go up once construction is done. Staff is very friendly and helpful too!
There is a shuttle and the free city bus goes all the way to the mountain village so we took it to ride the tram for a day of hiking. It's also possible to walk to the downtown area in about 10 minutes and it's a nice stroll.
The pool and hot tub area have been remodeled, nice pool, although a little chilly. I assume they heat it in the winter. It gets good morning and mid day sun so it felt good at those times.
The only cons to the stay were that the rooms do not have refrigerators and there is not an ice machine on every floor. Our friends had a different room without a balcony. The window opened but had no screen, hopefully installing those is part of the remodel. The elevator is the bane of this place, so, so slow. We took the stairs most of the time and the stairwells are not pretty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether it's time to visit Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, float the Snake River or catch that perfect cowboy powder Jackson is known for, Snow King Resort provides the ideal location for your adventures. Located at the base of Snow King Mountain Resort and just blocks from the historic Jackson Hole Town Square, the resort offers beautifully appointed guest rooms and Jackson's hottest restaurant, Haydens Post. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, TravelClick, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Snow King Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Snow King Resort (Grand Vista Lodging) Hotel Jackson
- Snow King Hotel
- Snow King Resort Jackson Hole, WY