“Beautiful hotel in great location”
Review of Snow King Resort

Snow King Resort
Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I purchased this room thru Travelocity's secret hotel's, and was happy to see what hotel it was. I was a little concerned by the other reviews, however. When we arrived, I was quickly checked in...the lady at the front desk could have been a little friendlier. When we got to our room, it was gorgeous! Fully refurnished/refurbished. Beautiful furnishings, and a gorgeous view of the mountain! We could see the pool directly below our room, and the lifts and alpine slides. Kids enjoyed it! Our beds were very comfy, and the room was spotless! Our only complaints were that the door to the bathroom would not stay shut (we fixed it by putting a magazine under it). Would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Snow King Resor... M, General Manager at Snow King Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for your recent review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the newly renovated Snow King Hotel. We will certainly correct the items that you mentioned and thank you for informing us so that we are able to correct them. At Snow King Hotel & Grandview Lodge, we do strive to exceed each guest’s individual expectations. I am so glad to hear that we were able to do so for your recent stay.

There are newer reviews for Snow King Resort

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here because of price and location to Jackson Town Square. The hotel has gone under renovations. Our room was very nice, clean, bed was comfortable. Bathroom very nice.
Only problem was Air Conditioning is a window unit and was constantly coming on & noisy as all get out. Did not cool the room very well. I had to get ear plugs for the 2nd night.
Bathroom door would not shut correctly- had to slam it. And Room door also. Just minor fixes - that a construction crew need to fix from renovations. No coffee makers in room so that bummed out my husband.
We enjoyed the pool after a long motorcycle ride. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet & nice mtn air.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the newly renovated Snow King Hotel. At Snow King Hotel & Grandview Lodge, we do strive to exceed each guest’s individual expectations. Thank you for the informing us of the maintenance items, we will make the appropriate corrections immediately.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I spent 3 night July 2, 3, 4. Although the hotel claims newly refurbished rooms, not all are that way. In room amenities do not include coffee maker, fridge or microwave. Coffee service is in the lobby, but only for a limited time in the morning. Ice is not available on every floor; and some were broken. Half the rooms face the ski slopes :-). The other half, not so much a view. The hotel claims a 5 block walk to Jackson town square; but it is a very looooong five blocks. On the plus side, pets are welcome.

Room Tip: Ask for a ski slope view away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review! We will be adding refrigerators to our guestrooms in the near future. All of our guestrooms in the hotel have been renovated so I am uncertain as to your mention otherwise. If you would like to provide some additional detail, please contact me at craig.waterman@snowking.com . As you noted we are pet friendly and are in a great location for this feature as there are plenty of places for our guest pets to enjoy here at the mountain.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Overall the room and location was fine. They are in the middle of remodeling right now and the place looks unfinished in the common areas. But once the work is done it should be nice. The rooms was OK--a little small. I noticed that there were other rooms of the same room type that appeared larger that the one we had. So it may be worthwhile asking about that when checking in. Front desk staff was nice. I give 4 stars because for what we paid, it should have been a little nicer. But it was fine.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Snow King Resor... M, General Manager at Snow King Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Many thanks for your evaluation of Snow King Resort! We are pleased to learn that our team at the front desk was able to meet each request and exceed your expectations. We are now complete with the renovation process other then a few little items to button up and the arival of some additional furntiure pieces for our public areas. We will be eagerly anticipating your next visit to Jackson Hole.

Warm Regards,

Snow King Hotel & Grandview lodge

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I recently stayed at the Snow King and was beyond disappointed. We reserved a 2 bedroom condo. When arriving a the condo I was horrified at the condition. The carpet in the entryway was almost black from mildew. The furniture was completely dated and the linens were gross. There was even hair left in the bath tub. I tried to get moved to either another condo or a hotel room, but was told the were fully booked. At night I slept on the bed without using the blankets because they were that gross.
I also found that the front desk staff was rude and not helpful. When calling for a shuttle to town I was told they were busy. I let her know that I was 7months pregnant and needed to be in town for a rehearsal dinner. She then suggested I walk!!
The experience at the Snow King completely ruined my whole time in Jackson.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for the review on your recent stay. I must say what you have described is very disappointing. This is not in any way what we expect from our property. I would have liked the opportunity to speak with you during your stay to make every effort possible to change your current feelings about Snow King Condos. We take all guest comments with the utmost concern and will always make every attempt to improve our property and level of service. If given the opportunity I would like to discuss the experience further. You may reach me directly at craig.waterman@snowking.com

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I booked a room at Snow King since it accepted pets and the reservation desk matched an online price. The young man at the service desk greeted me and my pet, Jacques, by name which made a good first impression with me. I have stayed at the Snow King a few times over the last 15 years and she was showing her age. However, this grand lady has had a make over. We were on the ground floor convenient to the west entrance for us with Jacques in tow and very quiet. I turned off the air conditioner during the night to have less motor sound, it was cool enough that we didn't miss having it on. New carpets, doors, bathroom, decor it all looked very good indeed

Room Tip: They welcome pets.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the newly renovated Snow King Hotel. At Snow King Hotel & Grandview Lodge, we do strive to exceed each guest’s individual expectations. I am so glad to hear that we were able to do so for your recent stay.
We love pets too, thank you for sharing Jacques with our team here!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

While planning a trip out west we were informed of a deal through Living Social for lodging at the Snow King Resort. Initially we were hesitant because they were in the midst of renovations but decided to take advantage of the deal and were so pleased that we had.
The property was in the throes of renovations and was somewhat overwhelming because changes took place daily. Yet both management and staff displayed respect and appreciation to one another and were courteous and sincerely hospitable to us. Our room was clean and well decorated and the concierge was more than helpful. (Trio was delicious-thanks for the suggestion)
My late husband was a hotel GM for Hilton until his death so I have been exposed to building/opening/renovating hotels and I must say KUDOS to the management and staff.
I plan on returning to Jackson Hole with my family and will definitely stay at SKR - even without a deal.
Thanks,
Pamela T.
Virginia

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Pamela,

Thank you for your recent review! At Snow King Resort & Grandview Lodge, we do strive to exceed each guest’s individual expectations. I am so glad to hear that we were able to do so for your recent stay even though we were finishing up our renovation. As you know this process can be challenging and the team here has worked diligently at minimizing the impact of the renovation to our guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
I hope to meet you on your next visit to Snow King and Jackson Hole.

Snow King Hotel & Grandview Lodge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort
Hotel Jackson
Hotel Jackson
#3 of 40 in Jackson

Been to Snow King Resort? Share your experiences!